Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Gumbo

FH is my second home
This needs it's own thread, surely?

I'll start it with a poll, answer if the vote was today, perhaps we'll do another a few days out.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Voting by drawing a nice big penis on my card. I no longer care who wins, it makes no difference whatsoever.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
As is your right.

I will predict, at this early stage, that the Tories will have one of the largest majorities in British history, and it'll be bloody close as to who makes up the opposition.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
As is your right.

I will predict, at this early stage, that the Tories will have one of the largest majorities in British history, and it'll be bloody close as to who makes up the opposition.

My comment from the spam thread

I think the lib dems will still be bleating about not leaving the EU and will just put all their eggs in that basket. It's not like they have anything else. They will likely take a nice big bite out of Labour.

Labour will just implode, probably see another leadership challenge this week, that will naturally fail.

One trick pony, nationalists will win in Scotland, again.

One of, if not the lowest turn outs ever.

Tories will win, easily.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can see lots of things being blamed on immigrants.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can see all sorts if you look for them.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Vince Cable is standing again as my local MP so that could be a lost seat for the Tories as the majority is only 2017 and swung a lot in the 2015 election.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Everyone should vote for Labour for the LOLs. You're all utterly fucked anyway so what the hell?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
LibDem as the only party opposing the hard-brexit bollocks.

This should be treated as a referendum on 'do you think May, Davis, Johnson and Fox have any skills at negotiating a better deal than we have in the single-market/customs-union or are they just spouting shit?'

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Everyone should vote for Labour for the LOLs. You're all utterly fucked anyway so what the hell?
Labour are in irrelevance. Corbyn is backing May on brexit and is not trusted on any other issue.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Corbyn has allowed himself to become unelectable like Stephen Hawking said: "I agree with most of Jeremy Corbyn's ideas but he has put himself into a terrible position." - the only way labour has a chance is if Corbyn steps down.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Most of his ideas appear to be made in the toilets of the local student union. He is the reason there remains absolutely no opposition, something every democracy needs.

DaGaffer

Labour are in irrelevance. Corbyn is backing May on brexit and is not trusted on any other issue.

Given that no one is going to be able to wind back the Brexit without open warfare, the LibDem vote is an even bigger waste of time than Labour. The only vote worth making in June is to punish the Tories for wrecking the country to serve internal party politics. And free duffel coats for all!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Corbyn has allowed himself to become unelectable like Stephen Hawking said: "I agree with most of Jeremy Corbyn's ideas but he has put himself into a terrible position." - the only way labour has a chance is if Corbyn steps down.

They have NO chance even if corbyn leaves today.

Who the fuck is the replacement? Angela Eagle stood last time and she has less charisma than teedles post waffle poos.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They have NO chance even if corbyn leaves today.

Who the fuck is the replacement? Angela Eagle stood last time and she has less charisma than teedles post waffle poos.

That's just it though, they also have no chance of he stays (don't get me wrong, I agree with a lot Corbyn's views too, I just think he's unelectable)

That said! this election thing might be a front to cover up something else, rumours circulating that CPS are about to announce 24 Tory MP's are getting prosecuted for election fraud - hold my fucking beer, I'm going to make some popcorn, this is going to be good.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Given that no one is going to be able to wind back the Brexit without open warfare, the LibDem vote is an even bigger waste of time than Labour. The only vote worth making in June is to punish the Tories for wrecking the country to serve internal party politics. And free duffel coats for all!
Nope. Winding back hard brexit will be quite easy. No one voted for any specific flavour of brexit.

DaGaffer

Nope. Winding back hard brexit will be quite easy. No one voted for any specific flavour of brexit.

All the more reasons not to vote for the Tories. Don't get me wrong, Corbyn is a buffoon and he's also untrustworthy, but events of the last 12 months have proved everyone is thick as pigshit and trying to get them to respond on actual issues is pointless, so go for tribalism instead. LibDems can take a fair share of the popular vote, but we all know the popular vote is worthless; Labour could still actually take seats (which is actually what matters) if people really wanted to punish the Tories

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't give a fuck about Brexit anymore.

I'm more concerned about the Tories absolutely murdering the public sector, schools, NHS etc.

Problem is that the vast majority of people don't actually witness the lack of money, simply because the public sector is generally quite good at covering up the cracks (even though they're running far less efficiently than before.)

The problem is that Jeremy Corbyn is offering a solution which is unpopular with pretty much everyone on this forum, because you're all relatively middle class, earning quite a bit of money.

However, with the likes of UKIP and the Tories piping up their right-wing rhetoric of blaming everything on immigration he's receiving very little attention (let's be fucking realistic here among the more intelligent people, if you were earning 20k a year for your family, what do you realistically think would have a greater impact on the NHS, increasing taxation for the rich and piling [in a very Labour fashion of course!] it into the NHS or halting immigration, I mean, really?)

It is very frustrating that the response to the massive amounts of dangerous cuts is that 'Oh, no worries, it's unopposed Tories, absolutely nothing that we can do about it!' When realistically there is something we can do about it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol, CPS just announced that the election wont stop them facing charges, huehuehue.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Who is facing charges? and for what?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
June is a long way off in politics.
There will be a huge amount of tactical voting, this could put the Dems back on the map.

Jeez, these are weird days.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
June is a long way off in politics.
There will be a huge amount of tactical voting, this could put the Dems back on the map.

Jeez, these are weird days.

To be honest, I'd literally rather see a sewer rat with aids selling knock off watches run the country than see the Tories come to power again... they don't give a flying fuck about poor people, homeless people or people with mental illness, all they care about is selling off the public sector bit by bit to their shady rich mates.

Job

Unfortunately for you 100% of Ukip voters will vote Tory this time around.
It will be a political bloodbath and quite possibly open up space for a super tory party.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Unfortunately for you 100% of Ukip voters will vote Tory this time around.
It will be a political bloodbath and quite possibly open up space for a super tory party.

Oh I'm already certain the Tories will win again, its just a crying shame. I'll vote for Labour by proxy, not sure why though, almost certain Labour have no chance with Corbyn at the helm. That said! stranger things have happened... like the referendum result for example, so there is hope.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The problem is that there is literally no other party but the Tories now. Sure vote Labour but do you think their sums add up? They haven't actually said anything that makes sense in years, they have zero ideas, basically all they do is say the opposite of what the Tories say, regardless of what it is.

Regardless of who is in power, they need a strong opposition, there isn't one. Democratic politics isn't just about which party is in power at any given time it is about all the MPs from all parties.

Labour has to ditch Corbyn if they hope to have even a remote chance to survive. I reckon they will get Brexit out the way and try to appear clear of blame and then wheel in David Milliband, probably 2020/2021

Last edited:

Job

By June the world will be a much different place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom