Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can see the Tories splitting if they do win this election by a colossal landslide.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I reckon the Lib Dems are going to come out over Labour, unless from now until June, Labour come up with some fucking godlike election strat.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Read an interesting tweet that a Tory landslide could actually result in "soft" Brexit, as May wouldn't have to listen to the Eurosceptics in her party any more to get a majority in the Commons. Interesting theory imo.

I'll probably vote Tory though, partly as I hate poor people, but mostly as they seem the only bunch remotely competent enough to actually run a country. Unless something incredible happens between now and June, I'm not sure if I'd trust the rest of them to run a Charity Bake sale, never mind the worlds 5th biggest economy.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's a sad state of affairs when the "least shit" is as good as it gets, though.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Been that way for a while sadly, was the same in the US Elections last year, and look what they ended up with.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I don't give a fuck about Brexit anymore.

I'm more concerned about the Tories absolutely murdering the public sector, schools, NHS etc.

Problem is that the vast majority of people don't actually witness the lack of money, simply because the public sector is generally quite good at covering up the cracks (even though they're running far less efficiently than before.)

The problem is that Jeremy Corbyn is offering a solution which is unpopular with pretty much everyone on this forum, because you're all relatively middle class, earning quite a bit of money.

However, with the likes of UKIP and the Tories piping up their right-wing rhetoric of blaming everything on immigration he's receiving very little attention (let's be fucking realistic here among the more intelligent people, if you were earning 20k a year for your family, what do you realistically think would have a greater impact on the NHS, increasing taxation for the rich and piling [in a very Labour fashion of course!] it into the NHS or halting immigration, I mean, really?)

It is very frustrating that the response to the massive amounts of dangerous cuts is that 'Oh, no worries, it's unopposed Tories, absolutely nothing that we can do about it!' When realistically there is something we can do about it.
Where do who ever wins get the money from to invest? We were living so far out of our means under labour that getting back to the real world is painful.

Either we just carry on getting further deficite even faster or we face the fact that we as a country cant afford everything.

Gwadien

Where do who ever wins get the money from to invest? We were living so far out of our means under labour that getting back to the real world is painful.

Either we just carry on getting further deficite even faster or we face the fact that we as a country cant afford everything.

The answer to your question is in the quoted text.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The answer to your question is in the quoted text.
I dont think you could tax enough to plug the deficite without a seriously pissed off electorate. And no party would put tax up that much.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think I pay more than enough tax as it is, thanks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think I pay more than enough tax as it is, thanks.

HA, I used to work nights mainly, used to start at 11pm, work right through until 11-12am, generally travelling most of the UK (I think one of the worse experiences I had was going to Liverpool and listening to scousers singing Groove Jet - Spiller while we fitted a factory door for about 5 hours, sorry @Scouse)

I got paid canny well I guess, but I noticed the taxes (as do we all I'm sure), I miss earning a decent wage, being on benefits makes me feel like a sub human.

Gwadien

I dont think you could tax enough to plug the deficite without a seriously pissed off electorate. And no party would put tax up that much.

Hence why if you read what I wr-

Oh fuck it.

My question was who do you blame, the Government or immigrants for the issues the public sector faces today.

IE if you were poor and there was the option to increase taxation which did not affect you, would you vote for that option, or would you lap up the anti-immigration rhetoric?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
On a side note - Scotland just proved you can power an entire nation with wind power, they literally powered ALL of Scotland with nothing but Wind turbines with a surplus, big deal tbh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nothing at all wrong with benefits and I don't begrudge people that need them, as in need them through no choice of their own, illness, no work etc...however there is shit loads of work about for those that want it and are able.

I get annoyed about councils pissing it up the wall too. Small example is a dirty big hole in the road near work, they patch it every few weeks, within a week its fucked again. 3-4 men, a few hours with machinery and whatnot. Its been going on for years. I would love to know how much money they have spanked doing it when the cheaper and simpler solution would to relay the section properly.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nothing at all wrong with benefits and I don't begrudge people that need them, as in need them through no choice of their own, illness, no work etc...however there is shit loads of work about for those that want it.

I get annoyed about councils pissing it up the wall too. Small example is a dirty big hole in the road near work, they patch it every few weeks, within a week its fucked again. 3-4 men, a few hours with machinery and whatnot. Its been going on for years. I would love to know how much money they have spanked doing it when the cheaper and simpler solution would to relay the section properly.

Yea, our councils are a piss take.. the only thing I can say to compare the worlds 'councils' is this.

That'd take British councils weeks to fix, its a piss take.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
On a side note - Scotland just proved you can power an entire nation with wind power, they literally powered ALL of Scotland with nothing but Wind turbines with a surplus, big deal tbh.

Done it a few times, but March this year was the record i believe. We need to build more farms, wave and export or capture it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Meh, at least they tried, I can literally look out of my front window and see pot holes holes that have been there for 2-3 years and not even touched.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anyway I'm quite happy this general election has been called, I was out cycling this morning and received a phone call "we can't find any soundmen in London, are you free?" So back home, quick shower, sort out the kit, into Manchester, get the train to Euston, picked up and driven to Westminster, 15 minutes or so to set up for ITN (was very panicked), did the ITN lives, then a 20 minute break and an hour of Channel 4 News. And apart from one tiny fluff with Diane Abbot's audio level, it all went well.

Interview with Lord Mandelson

Thanks Prime Minister, I'm a few hundred quid up and doubtless there'll be more to come :)

Gwadien

Anyway I'm quite happy this general election has been called, I was out cycling this morning and received a phone call "we can't find any soundmen in London, are you free?" So back home, quick shower, sort out the kit, into Manchester, get the train to Euston, picked up and driven to Westminster, 15 minutes or so to set up for ITN (was very panicked), did the ITN lives, then a 20 minute break and an hour of Channel 4 News. And apart from one tiny fluff with Diane Abbot's audio level, it all went well.

Interview with Lord Mandelson

Thanks Prime Minister, I'm a few hundred quid up and doubtless there'll be more to come :)
Never have I been so critical of someones camera work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom