Gears of war 3

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
My lass told me she'd finish me if I took any time off work to play this :p

That's a pretty nice offer.. You get it, You load it up, can't hold in the excitement, so she finishes you off? - That's so nice!

leggy

Probably Scottish
Fell asleep before midnight (Rock n' Frickin Roll) so I'm picking up my pre-order this afternoon. If anyone gets bored of the campaign give me a shout online (moody leggy).

Let the months of late nights online commence.

Aada

Part of the furniture
This has to be GOTY? I'm on Act 3 and the game constantly makes me go wow and laugh at the same time.

It looks absolutely gorgeous as well considering the Xbox is getting on now, I literally can't put the game down and I will probably complete it tomorrow and go straight onto insane.

Can't go online coz Virgin is down on my street due to a damaged cable but I am so looking forward to the online.

10/10 Game.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Haven't touched anything beside multiplayer so far, absolutely loving it :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im having shit luck with pre orders this past year, yet another i game i pre ordered but not arrived yet, used to be the case youd get it weither release day or the day before from game,amazon,play etc

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Loving the single player, really excellent. "Versus" multiplayer is a steaming pile though, way too long sitting about doing nothing when you die, some really overpowered weapons and don't like the maps either.

Will have to give the co-op modes a run through tomorrow night.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Loving the single player, really excellent. "Versus" multiplayer is a steaming pile though, way too long sitting about doing nothing when you die, some really overpowered weapons and don't like the maps either.

Will have to give the co-op modes a run through tomorrow night.
Have you even played multiplayer this time round? More than half the game types support respawning.

Aada

Part of the furniture
To be fair Gears 2 put me off the competitive multiplayer on Gears for life you know the cunts that run around with their turbo fire pads winning every chainsaw duel they have.

That's the image I have burned into my head from Gears 2, but I'm still gonna give Gears 3 multiplayer a try I didn't try the beta so hope that atleast had changed.

Himse

FH is my second home
To be fair Gears 2 put me off the competitive multiplayer on Gears for life you know the cunts that run around with their turbo fire pads winning every chainsaw duel they have.

That's the image I have burned into my head from Gears 2, but I'm still gonna give Gears 3 multiplayer a try I didn't try the beta so hope that atleast had changed.

Same as all the Shotgun faggotry that was Gears 1.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I could deal with the shotgun shit as it basically came down to get good with the shotty or you get reamed, however nothing I can do about a cheat pad.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Ahah this excuse is way too common amongst poor Gears players, all about the modded controllers. Barely anyone uses the chainsaw anyway and all the guns have a capped shoot speed.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Have you even played multiplayer this time round? More than half the game types support respawning.

Err yes. A number of the game types have no respawning, being one shotted and then sitting around other people play the game? I'd rather watch a film thanks.

In the other modes the respawn timers are long and the respawn zones are too close to the action as the maps are tiny. You sit around twiddling your thumbs, run out, get one shotted a second later and repeat.

Lame.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ahah this excuse is way too common amongst poor Gears players, all about the modded controllers. Barely anyone uses the chainsaw anyway and all the guns have a capped shoot speed.

lol.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Err yes. A number of the game types have no respawning, being one shotted and then sitting around other people play the game? I'd rather watch a film thanks.

In the other modes the respawn timers are long and the respawn zones are too close to the action as the maps are tiny. You sit around twiddling your thumbs, run out, get one shotted a second later and repeat.

Lame.
Stick to the respawning game types then? The max you'll ever wait to respawn there is 15 seconds unless the round is coming to a close. I prefer the games without respawns tbh, it actually promotes team work and there's 'real' consequences for what you do, you can't just run about Ramboing everyone down Call of Duty style.

I'm with you on the map respawns though, I don't think Gears maps are big enough to support them. King of the Hill got them alright, since there's more than just 2 spawn points per map.

@Aada, what exactly makes you think said people were using a 'cheat pad'?

Gwadien

Is it a bit gay that I'm willing my brother to hurry up walking home from school, so we can continue the co-op missions?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Finally got my copy. £5 from CeX with a 3 month live card. Traded in 10 old xbrick games and a couple of ps2 games. heh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
20 minutes of updates later (haven't turned the box on for nearly a year) it loads!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Finally got my copy. £5 from CeX with a 3 month live card. Traded in 10 old xbrick games and a couple of ps2 games. heh.

People trading already?

Wow.

I finished it about an hour ago really cool game from start to finish gonna start insane later.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well they sell new at cex too, but yes, this was a steelbook copy that someone had traded in.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Tried the multiplayer again tonight. Really hate it. Can't get a co-op going for love or money, meh. Still the solo campaign is excellent.

Gwadien

Tried the multiplayer again tonight. Really hate it. Can't get a co-op going for love or money, meh. Still the solo campaign is excellent.

Let me convince my little bro to let me play on his XBL account, because I haven't got one paid for... then i'll add some of you and do it, I like the co-op things w/ waves of enemies etc :)

Infact, - if you're interested in general, send me a PM with your XBL accounts

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No need to PM, just click on his name, view public profile, and then "about me".

Gwadien

No need to PM, just click on his name, view public profile, and then "about me".

It was more of a open invite for all to send their Xbox ID's if they were interested in the said - That includes you Chet :) <3

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've got to wait for a free (yes free) 12 month sub my mate is giving me, I have a 3 month sub, but I'm giving that away to someone else.

Why not just spam your Id's into this thread?

Starman

Part of the furniture
I've yet to purchase GoW3 just waiting for it to arrive via LoveFilm.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
mineturned up today, wana co-op it all the way thru starman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom