Gay Marriage

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Throughout the ages people have tried to fake documents proving his existance because there is none..during the entire period of his supposed life the Romans who wrote everfrickin thing that happened down in painful detail...failed to mention him once...not even a hint..the entire magical event which they were supposed to be quite a part of passed them by 100%...not actual proof..but very odd indeed.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Or would you exhibit the same homophobia as most people i would if a gay couple moved in next door and you saw them making out it in the back garden.

Erm....no, it's just you

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
40 years isn't a long time. Should we discount all books written about world war 2 in the last 20 years? They were written so long after it they cant possibly contain any fact. I hate this cult of atheism almost as much as I hate organised religion.

rynnor

Rockhound
You're all falling over yourselves to be the most politically correct, do you REALLY believe in gay marriage?
Or would you exhibit the same homophobia as most people if a gay couple moved in next door and you saw them making out it in the back garden.
Men of course...we all like girl on girl.

Wouldn't bother me - more bothered about if neighbours are noisy etc.

I have gay friends - some of them have been in long term relationships for decades and they moan about their partners in the same way as everybody else does.

If people want to make a commitment to each other then good luck to them - I think it benefits society as a whole.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sick of reading the whine from mps and people against gay marriage, they act as tho gay marriage will automatically turn everyone gay, stupid fucks. Not harming me, dont have a problem with it, good luck to them.

rynnor

Rockhound
40 years isn't a long time. Should we discount all books written about world war 2 in the last 20 years? They were written so long after it they cant possibly contain any fact. I hate this cult of atheism almost as much as I hate organised religion.

Nice try but we have films, photos , first hand written accounts from participants, administrative records, censuses and tons of other things to use.

Pliny and Tacitus were writing stories based on stories of stories of stories etc. etc.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Scouse said:
Please. He was trained as a politician that rose through the ranks during the period when Rome saught to historise Christianity as a means of social control over their empire.

"Credible historical source" or "causal architect of bullshit that would last 2000 years"...

It's like taking a history lesson on Iraq by Tony Blair and George Dubya...

Except the period Tacitus lived in was when Rome was profoundly Anti-christian; exactly the wrong time to make Jesus a credible historical figure. And Josephus was writing even closer to actual events and we have loads of corroboration for his historical accuracy in other areas like the Battle of Masada, so there's little reason to think he'd make up stuff about Jesus; as a Romanised Jew he'd have little or no reason to do so.

rynnor

Rockhound
Pliny (the younger) talks about Christians in relation to legally persecuting them but though he mentions they prayed to Christ he never mentions Jesus.

Job

It wasnt just him..most of the places didnt exist..or at least there is no record of them..the bible mentions them..but we have yet to find a map out of the thousands we have found from the period that contains them

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
where by thousands you mean possible handful? in an aside from this biblical/gay stuff I actually wonder how many 2k year old maps there are?

rynnor

Rockhound
Tacitus mentions jesus but he's writing in the 2nd century some 80+ years after the events are supposed to have taken place - it seems clear that jesus was not associated with the jewish messiah a few decades earlier when Pliny the younger wrote about christians.

rynnor

Rockhound
And Josephus was writing even closer to actual events and we have loads of corroboration for his historical accuracy in other areas like the Battle of Masada, so there's little reason to think he'd make up stuff about Jesus; as a Romanised Jew he'd have little or no reason to do so.

The Josephus stuff is pretty dubious too - the stuff about Pontius pilate having him put to death is thought to be crap (which was later repeated by tacitus) - retrofitted to match the bible. He does at least identify Christ as jesus but the name jesus is missing entirely from his earlier histories so he could have been just repeating stuff that was going around later.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tacitus mentions jesus but he's writing in the 2nd century some 80+ years after the events

Actually he mentions "christus", once. No texts earlier than the 11th century exists and apparently there's good grounds to think it's a forgery.

But aside from all this: Who gives a fuck? It's an argument about the existence of a sky fairy. Why are we arguing this point? Even if a man existed (doubtful) - he certainly wasn't full of magical god-like power :)

Job

Me because now we have Thor as a superhero I demand the next Avengers film hss a super jesus who cracks jokes and gets his dad to fix everything.

rynnor

Rockhound
But aside from all this: Who gives a fuck? It's an argument about the existence of a sky fairy. Why are we arguing this point? Even if a man existed (doubtful) - he certainly wasn't full of magical god-like power :)

Personally I find it interesting to try and identify the time and people involved in the creation of the myth - most of it seems to have been done centuries after the supposed events as far as I can tell.

It does amaze me that people can take anything in the bible as factual when its clearly a story made up by primitive people to try and explain why the world around them is as it is (and to say why enemies are evil) complete with ludicrous creation myth.

It also amazes me that Bhuddists can so completely miss the point of the Siddartha's teachings as to end up with gilded temples.

It amazes me that orthodox jews continue to try to live like they are still in a desert 2000 years ago (apart from the tricky bits of course).

I live in a constant state of amazement at the kind of mental gymnastics/denial/self delusion we humans are capable of :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Well, you are a Spurs fan after all :p

Not a very devout one though - I like watching Arsenal/ the current Chelsea squad and the Man Utd squad back when they had Ronaldo :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So what's the deal with gay marriage? Do you get? I don't get it! Am I right folks?!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
A bill has been passed through the house of commons to legalise gay marriage, but it still has to go through the Lords to be ratified. I can't find a good article which actually explains whats being legalised exactly. All the articles just have 1 line about whats actually happening, then the rest is just fucking gossip about tory infighting on the liberal pages, and how progressive these 'new tories' are under Cameron in the blue papers. Annoying.

rynnor

Rockhound
So what's the deal with gay marriage? Do you get? I don't get it! Am I right folks?!

It's pretty much exactly the same as civil partnerships except its called marriage - it creates no new legal rights - all seems a bit pointless when you put it like that really...

Job

Maybe he was browsing this thread.
Though the gay marriage bit is just topical..it was about the threat of islam and the loss of the white race...which will end in tears..we wont go down without some nutter pressing the button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom