Gay Marriage

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is a different situation to turning away a gay couple explicitly because they are gay when discriminating against someone because they are gay is against the law.

I don't think you shouldn't give someone a job because of it.

But to be forced to have them in your home?

Like I said, it's a step too far down infringing with personal liberties IMO. And I know the law disagrees with me. I also think that if a BnB owner doesn't let someone in their house because they're gay/black/whatever that makes that BnB owner a dick.

However, I'm OK with the idea that some people are dicks. And if you can't be a dick in your own home...

Anyway - just my $0.02 ;)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I don't think you shouldn't give someone a job because of it.

But to be forced to have them in your home?

Like I said, it's a step too far down infringing with personal liberties IMO. And I know the law disagrees with me. I also think that if a BnB owner doesn't let someone in their house because they're gay/black/whatever that makes that BnB owner a dick.

However, I'm OK with the idea that some people are dicks. And if you can't be a dick in your own home...

Anyway - just my $0.02 ;)

Yeah, fair enough. Think we've suitably derailed this thread anyway. Let's agree to disagree, boring as it is, because I have *got* to go to bed.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Now that the bill will pass, hopefully everyone will shut the fuck up about a subject that in 20 years, people will view in the same way as we now view women not having the vote.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Anyone -can- marry anyone/thing they want. It might not be legal(benefits etc wise, but that's not what marrying is about...right? ;)), or you can't have it in a church(their house, their rules), but you can marry anywhere anytime.

rynnor

Rockhound
The most interesting thing about this has been the utter destruction of the tory party at grassroots level.

Would be strange to think an equality bill might end up catapulting a far right party into Parliament...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You're all falling over yourselves to be the most politically correct, do you REALLY believe in gay marriage?
Or would you exhibit the same homophobia as most people if a gay couple moved in next door and you saw them making out it in the back garden.
Men of course...we all like girl on girl.

Job

As i said, it's widely accepted by religious and critical scholars that a man named Jesus, the 'prophet', who spread the word of God existed.
By religious scholars LOL
Critical scholars have been for centuries part of the religious establishment, no one dared to question it.
It's quite obvious there is not one single sentence, not even a word in the history of writing outside of the bible that mentions jesus.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Critical scholars have been for centuries part of the religious establishment, no one dared to question it.
It's quite obvious there is not one single sentence, not even a word in the history of writing outside of the bible that mentions jesus.
Tacticus? Paul?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You're all falling over yourselves to be the most politically correct, do you REALLY believe in gay marriage?

No interest at all, in the same way I have no interest in my straight neighbours marriage.

Does the fact that two people of the same sex want to get married really effect you? If so...how? What business is it of yours?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Or would you exhibit the same homophobia as most people if a gay couple moved in next door and you saw them making out it in the back garden.

I believe that loving relationships are more important than dogma. As for men "making out", not being a bigot I really couldn't care less.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I don't even believe in straight marriage, so why would I give more than zero fucks if gay people wanted to do it?

It's a zero harm event and makes the people involved feel warm and fuzzy, so why would I care?

What do you mean by "exhibit"?

You don't have to like watching men making out, you can even have a gut reaction of "yuck" - and that'd be fine. But if your male neighbours start snogging and you exhibit behaviour other than stopping watching then you're being a bit of a twat and it says a lot more about you than it does about them...

The gay neighbours I had for 5 years when I was living in Bradford only annoyed me by playing Kylie Minogue really loud all the time. Generally when they were shagging :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I have met enough gay people in my life to know that it dosent
bother me one bit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The gay neighbours I had for 5 years when I was living in Bradford only annoyed me by playing Kylie Minogue really loud all the time. Generally when they were shagging :)

Gay men playing music by a mainly hetero male audience sexual icon while bumming eachother just has to have some irony to it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Gay men playing music by a mainly hetero male audience sexual icon while bumming eachother just has to have some irony to it.

Whut? Kylie is massive with the Gays. She headlined G.A.Y loads of times. Like many female popstars, her two constituent audiences are teenage girls and gay men. Straight men don't buy female pop.

DaGaffer

Actually not true. Tacitus and Josephus are two primary non-religious (certainly non-Christian) contemporary sources that identify Jesus as a real person. His death in particular is well documented by "non-Christian" sources. All the actual details of his "ministry" and early life are harder (impossible) to verify, but we're pretty sure there was a Jewish religious agitator at that time who pissed the Romans off and got nailed up for his trouble.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Whut? Kylie is massive with the Gays. She headlined G.A.Y loads of times. Like many female popstars, her two constituent audiences are teenage girls and gay men. Straight men don't buy female pop.

I wasn't talking about the music :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
we all like girl on girl.

yeah but sadly the ladies don't play the pron g-g persona for 98.3% of the time. I should know: I'm friends with lots of them and they tend to just give me the stare when I tell them I'm totally cool with them getting it on in front of me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
and straight Finnish men it would seem :)

Maybe it was too complicated a way of saying "straight men wanna f*ck her, gay men wanna listen to her". Next time i'll use smaller words for Gaff :p

Nothing wrong with Kylies music though.

Job

Actually not true. Tacitus and Josephus are two primary non-religious (certainly non-Christian) contemporary sources that identify Jesus as a real person. His death in particular is well documented by "non-Christian" sources. All the actual details of his "ministry" and early life are harder (impossible) to verify, but we're pretty sure there was a Jewish religious agitator at that time who pissed the Romans off and got nailed up for his trouble.
Were not pretty sure at all..any reference to jesus outside the bible has long been proved a fake.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If I wasn't at work I'd google "men kissing" and put them all over this thread for Job to be sick into his mouth.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If I wasn't at work I'd google "men kissing" and put them all over this thread for Job to be sick into his mouth.

I'll go one better and do interracial;

Men%20Kissing%202-726296.jpg

DaGaffer

Were not pretty sure at all..any reference to jesus outside the bible has long been proved a fake.

Proof please. Tacitus is a credible historical source. Prove it isn't or you're just talking out of your arse. Signed. A. Atheist.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
if you cut that guy off at the mouth he could definitely be passed off a kanye west. someone do it and spread it round the internet.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Seeing as this has gone a bit off track. Not ALL incest is wrong. Daenerys Targaryen turned out ok :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tacitus is a credible historical source

Please. He was trained as a politician that rose through the ranks during the period when Rome saught to historise Christianity as a means of social control over their empire.

"Credible historical source" or "causal architect of bullshit that would last 2000 years"...

It's like taking a history lesson on Iraq by Tony Blair and George Dubya...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom