Rant Gas and Electic prices going up ANOTHER 40%

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
They aren't running out at all, supply is being throttled. Anyway, its not just oil its cereals like wheat that are also in short supply, due to the fact that stupid people with power believe rape seed and such is a viable alternative to oil. People and companies borrowing way above their bracket and the banks happy to spoon feed people with debt are also to blame. The bubble is bursting.

I am so happy my debt doesnt even touch £500 :D Anyone could have seen this coming years ago.

Its all just speculation!!! Keep wishing.

But again, biofuels are a solution worse than the problem.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Biofuels are a solution worse than the problem. Get your facts straight before these smartass comments. :m00:

Ooo oooooh. Sally got panties in a bunch? :D

It's a joke, get over it with that pole up your hiney.

Its all just speculation!!! Keep wishing.

But again, biofuels are a solution worse than the problem.

And your speculation isn't speculation but a magical vision from the future! :worthy:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
£170 p quarter to £238, and thats for electricity only!
Gas cooker, boiler etc.. :/

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Ooo oooooh. Sally got panties in a bunch? :D

It's a joke, get over it with that pole up your hiney.

And your speculation isn't speculation but a magical vision from the future! :worthy:

Actually its the only reasonable assumption if you look at where we're going right now.

You obviously know nothing about the situation so google peak oil, read a while and then come discuss this.

Until then, bye bye.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually its the only reasonable assumption if you look at where we're going right now.

You obviously know nothing about the situation so google peak oil, read a while and then come discuss this.

Until then, bye bye.

I don't have to 'cause profet Gorb is n the house :worthy:

Otherwise, f*ck if i care about oil. We've used other things before, we can use again.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
They aren't running out at all, supply is being throttled.

Not quite correct, OPEC's stance was that all the forecasts stated they would not need to raise output for next 5 years. In fact some analysts got it so wrong they thought it should decline. Unfortunately they all got it completely wrong, the growth in China and India has skewed the figures way out. OPEC should have adjusted the output at the last meeting but instead sat on the fat arses and decided to take the western economies for a ride. With Iraq still not at full production the problem is not going away fast. Even if they increased production at the next meeting nothing would happen to the market price for at least 3-4 months.

Saudi has enough oil for over a hundred years at current production levels. Iraq has even more having just adjusted their reserves after some recent surveys. Deep Sea oil supplies like those close to the Falklands or Spratley Islands (sp) will start to become viable given market prices. There is enough oil and the current price has more to do with speculation than it does actual usage vs production.

US senate is right now trying to pass laws making OPEC legally responsible for effectively price fixing. If it goes through they could fine OPEC billions. The EU is apparently looking at taking a similar stance.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
I don't have to 'cause profet Gorb is n the house :worthy:

Otherwise, f*ck if i care about oil. We've used other things before, we can use again.

The planet can only support around 1 to 2 billion people without oil. (google green revolution) If we run out of oil 4 billion people will have to go. You think these people will just roll over and die? ;O

And even if we are able to replace oil in agriculture our whole economy is still based on it.

Sometimes i really hope that the worst possible scenarios will come true just to teach ignorant and arrogant idiots like you a lesson. :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Biofuels are a bad solution only, and only if it uses a base material that's grown in a location that otherwise would grow vegetable foods. If you use waste biological material it's a very usefull and clean resource.

If you wouldn't use it, it'll end up on a landfill where it'll release the CO2 anyway, during the rotting process. Why not use its full potential.
In a way, I wouldn't mind converting dead people to fuel that way. Otherwise we'll end up buried, where we'll only take up valuable land, which could be used for crop growing were it not for the graveyard.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Biofuels are a bad solution only, and only if it uses a base material that's grown in a location that otherwise would grow vegetable foods. If you use waste biological material it's a very usefull and clean resource.

If you wouldn't use it, it'll end up on a landfill where it'll release the CO2 anyway, during the rotting process. Why not use its full potential.
In a way, I wouldn't mind converting dead people to fuel that way. Otherwise we'll end up buried, where we'll only take up valuable land, which could be used for crop growing were it not for the graveyard.

Most of the biofuels that are used today would otherwise be on our plates. Im not sure how big of a part of this waste biological material is on the biofuel mix but as far as i know it aint big. If im wrong then correct me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most of the biofuels that are used today would otherwise be on our plates.

No they wouldnt....

Biofuel is mostly rape seed oil which is so inefficient, it is also causing no end of problems in your beloved Africa by causing a global wheat shortage. You can make cooking oil from it (actually quite good oil) but then you wouldn't get the fuel oil :)

Im not sure how big of a part of this waste biological material is on the biofuel mix but as far as i know it aint big. If im wrong then correct me.

Its a wasteful use of land to grow rape seed oil that cacky yellow shit you see in fields (if you have ever ventured out of your suburb) even if you planted it in every square yard of the earth there wouldn't be enough oil to fuel the cars. Its just a tactic to make sheep think they are being green when they are actually causing more trouble than good.

Hemp on the other hand has no end of uses. Paper, clothing, oil, solid fuel, feed for animals etc

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The public will make a stir, the government will jump in.

How quickly and efficiently they do it is another question altogether.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
No they wouldnt....

Biofuel is mostly rape seed oil which is so inefficient, it is also causing no end of problems in your beloved Africa by causing a global wheat shortage. You can make cooking oil from it (actually quite good oil) but then you wouldn't get the fuel oil :)

Its a wasteful use of land to grow rape seed oil that cacky yellow shit you see in fields (if you have ever ventured out of your suburb) even if you planted it in every square yard of the earth there wouldn't be enough oil to fuel the cars. Its just a tactic to make sheep think they are being green when they are actually causing more trouble than good.

Hemp on the other hand has no end of uses. Paper, clothing, oil, solid fuel, feed for animals etc

Well there you go. Same shit in a different package. -,-

The LAND that we use to grow this rape seed oil would otherwise be used to grow crops on our plates.

But i have to say im not sure thats true. Most biofuels in the US come from corn and Brazil uses switchgrass.

As for the hemp: You still need land to grow it. Land that would otherwise be used to achieve the UN's goal of producing 50% more food by 2030. -,-

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The public will make a stir, the government will jump in.

How quickly and efficiently they do it is another question altogether.

The public have made a stir. People are starting to feel it in their pockets.

The government will jump ?! You mean increase interest rates by 25 basis points ? The BoE in my opinion must not put up interest rates, and instead need to focus on global commodity prices.

The Brown government has shown to be indecisive, without clear direction, and irresolute. They make all the right noises in Parliament, but when it actually comes to making any worthwhile economic decisions, all they do is bung up interest rates by 25 bps and hope employers don't start making massive wage increases which will further augment inflation.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Like increasing or decreasing internet rates will do fuck all to combat this problem anyway.

The problem lies within the problem of fuck all government intervention versus growing privitisation (sp?) of many necessities in our communities. In my opinion, the government need to step in and take control of the essential industries; take them fully into the public sector and maintain a break-even set of businesses that rise with the unit cost rises, but only as much as is needed (rather than private companies making extreme amounts of profit).

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You're dead right. I think its a mistake to increase interest rates at this time....but you can bet your bottom dollar when the MPC meets thats what they'll do.

Laddey

FH is my second home
The joys of living with mommy, let that bitch deal with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom