Rant Gas and Electic prices going up ANOTHER 40%

pikeh

Resident Freddy
thats fucking ridiculous

what else can they do now?
are they going to bring back the fucking window tax or something.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That will be 60% this year, going to get to the point soon where I can't afford to put the heating on. :(

BBC NEWS | Business | Energy bills could go up by 40%

Isn't it even mroe then 60%?

First go up 20%, say, from a 100 to a 120.

Then goes up another 40%, from 120 to a 168.

That's like a 68% increase.

Also, what the f*ck do you english peeps need heating for? :D

Your worst cold is our mild summer day :flame:

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
It's because our houses were built to survive bomb drops rather than to keep the heat =)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Isn't it even mroe then 60%?

First go up 20%, say, from a 100 to a 120.

Then goes up another 40%, from 120 to a 168.

That's like a 68% increase.

Also, what the f*ck do you english peeps need heating for? :D

Your worst cold is our mild summer day :flame:

qft trough and :twak: for beating me too it.

EDIT the math that is not the rest :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
qft trough and :twak: for beating me too it.

EDIT the math that is not the rest :)

I'm just glad my brain still works math like that, haven't learned anything new since basic schooling 13-14 years ago :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Disgraceful. 2.45% pay rise for me this year, yet the government let things like this happen. What a mess.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Disgraceful. 2.45% pay rise for me this year, yet the government let things like this happen. What a mess.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you net/month and how much is your gas-electric/month?

Just curious on how much this effects the "normal" person there.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
If you don't mind me asking, how much do you net/month and how much is your gas-electric/month?

Just curious on how much this effects the "normal" person there.

It effects the normal person because the interest rate has been declared at just over 3%. However that is only the case if you are a single guy living with your folks :p

For anyone owning a house, car and possibly having family everything that you need to buy in order to actually live has gone up by way higher than that which the government is saying.

Most pay rises wont combat the rise in cost for monthly bills, it will all mean that more people will be losing their houses because they cant afford to keep them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Take home approx 1k a month, Gas/Leccy is around £200 per quarter. So it's not a massive expense, but a 40% increase is massive.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It effects the normal person because the interest rate has been declared at just over 3%. However that is only the case if you are a single guy living with your folks :p

For anyone owning a house, car and possibly having family everything that you need to buy in order to actually live has gone up by way higher than that which the government is saying.

Most pay rises wont combat the rise in cost for monthly bills, it will all mean that more people will be losing their houses because they cant afford to keep them.

Aye, was thinking that it DOES effect, just how much :)

Take home approx 1k a month, Gas/Leccy is around £200 per quarter. So it's not a massive expense, but a 40% increase is massive.

So it's about 80 more/quarter, 27.5(ish)/month, while your pay increase is from 1k, umm...24.5/month?

It's not right in any case, your payraise basically pays for the increase in gas/electric :eek7:

Calaen

Aye, was thinking that it DOES effect, just how much :)

So it's about 80 more/quarter, 27.5(ish)/month, while your pay increase is from 1k, umm...24.5/month?

It's not right in any case, your payraise basically pays for the increase in gas/electric :eek7:

Not every company gives the yearly inflation pay rise either. Testing times ahead to be honest, I am so pleased I got off the housing ladder.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
To make matters worse the government fiddle the inflation rates, they say we are at 2.5% or so but the real figure is now around 5% and rising fast. Sadly most people are getting 2% cost of living rises which doesn't come close to matching the actual living cost rises.

A friend of mine works in the travel industry for COSMOS, package holiday sales are down 15% this year and they are expecting another massive drop with petrol/electric/gas prices all set to rocket in the next 6-8 weeks.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Factor in the knock on expense though bud, food prices will rise as will most retail goods because the shops will now have much larger lighting and heating/cooling overheads.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Exactly. It means my pay-rise doesn't cover the rise in petrol prices, water prices, food prices, rents prices etc. We really are a bit fucked at the moment.

Not as fucked as my dad mind, who has a mortgage which is worth more than his house (£220k mortgage on a £200k house), and it's held with Northern Rock :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Exactly. It means my pay-rise doesn't cover the rise in petrol prices, water prices, food prices, rents prices etc. We really are a bit fucked at the moment.

Not as fucked as my dad mind, who has a mortgage which is worth more than his house (£220k mortgage on a £200k house), and it's held with Northern Rock :p

Gah, I feel sorry for the poor bugger, not a nice postition to be in owing more money than your house is worth. :(

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Nope, he took out the big mortgage to get a new Car, and some furniture and stuff. I think it's fair to say that he wouldn't do the same thing again. Unfortunately you can't see these things coming.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nope, he took out the big mortgage to get a new Car, and some furniture and stuff. I think it's fair to say that he wouldn't do the same thing again. Unfortunately you can't see these things coming.

Well some economists were warning this in 2003 when Gordon Brown was extending the economic cycle but they were ridiculed by the mainsteam and marginalised to the point where very few took them seriously. They did say 2008 would be when it hits though and they have been 100% correct so far in the detail of how the crash would come about.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Okay, you can't see these things coming if you don't take a big interest in the economy :D

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
what annoys though is how high the profits for these companies are every year.
take british gas. after their price hike last year, they made £571m profit from its consumers. compared to a 'measly' £95m the year before. [source]
and now they are saying they need to raise prices because their base costs have gone up? something tells me they can afford not to.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am feeling awfully smug about convincing my wife that we shouldn't have bought a house 2 years ago.

Waiting for the arse to fall out the housing market then we will buy something.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Its the goverments fault i tells ya. It is!

Come on people do the math. We're running out of fossil fuels and the goverment has nothing to do with that. If you think things are bad now then just wait till the end of the year.

Global economic meltdown by 2010 people. You'll see. :m00:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Come on people do the math. We're running out of fossil fuels and the goverment has nothing to do with that. If you think things are bad now then just wait till the end of the year.

Doomsayers are the first to the fire to fuel our new biocars.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

The government do have something to do with it - they run the country, not fucking british gas.

Calaen

I aint complaining about the government, simple fact of the matter is that there are to many people on the planet.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
I am feeling awfully smug about convincing my wife that we shouldn't have bought a house 2 years ago.

Waiting for the arse to fall out the housing market then we will buy something.

i wish i'd saved enough money that i might be able to get a house for a bargain price. shame :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

They aren't running out at all, supply is being throttled. Anyway, its not just oil its cereals like wheat that are also in short supply, due to the fact that stupid people with power believe rape seed and such is a viable alternative to oil. People and companies borrowing way above their bracket and the banks happy to spoon feed people with debt are also to blame. The bubble is bursting.

I am so happy my debt doesnt even touch £500 :D Anyone could have seen this coming years ago.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They aren't running out at all, supply is being throttled. Anyway, its not just oil its cereals like wheat that are also in short supply, due to the fact that stupid people with power believe rape seed and such is a viable alternative to oil. People and companies borrowing way above their bracket and the banks happy to spoon feed people with debt are also to blame. The bubble is bursting.

I am so happy my debt probably doesnt even touch £500 :D Anyone could have seen this coming years ago.

I don't have any debt!

I'm 20 and i rent, don't think that'll change any time soon :p

edit - my age will change obviously, i meant the renting bit.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I don't have any debt!

I'm 20 and i rent, don't think that'll change any time soon :p

edit - my age will change obviously, i meant the renting bit.

Not if you invent a time machine or a cryogenic freeze chamber and come back in the year 3000!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
The solution for many of us:
fiets.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom