Gaming Keyboard

Aada

Part of the furniture
After using a £5 Tesco Value keyboard for the last 8 years I've decided its time I bought a better one that feels nice on the fingers.

Before buying my Naga mouse 2 years ago I swore blind I would never spend silly amounts on stuff like that but that mouse single handedly changed how I play games.

With that said any recommendations? I have about £70 put aside I've looked around but there are so many but the 2 brands I like most are Razer and Logitech.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Do you want a membrane keyboard w/ gaming macro keys, or a mechanical keyboard? or mechanical w/ macro keys? Or do you just want something pretty with lights?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
do they still sell the g15 logitech keyboard i love mine and its been going for years

Aada

Part of the furniture
Do you want a membrane keyboard w/ gaming macro keys, or a mechanical keyboard? or mechanical w/ macro keys? Or do you just want something pretty with lights?
Not bothered about lights really what's the difference between membrane and mechanical?

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm really into StarCraft 2 right now so really a keyboard that would help with strategy games that are macro heavy.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Membrane keyboards are your generic cheap shitty plastic switches. ( surprisingly the logitech g series are all membrane, you're paying for the lol electronics in them and the brand ).

Mechanical keyboards are like having sex while typing.

Most pro SC2 players use a mechanical keyboard, using macro keys in SC2 will get you bannnnnnned. like multiple keypress combos, obviously binding one to ctrl+x wont :p

indepth guide here: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide
Generally, FPS gamers slightly tend towards blacks, rts towards browns, obnoxious hipster cunts who want everyone to hear them typing use blues.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Membrane keyboards are your generic cheap shitty plastic switches. ( surprisingly the logitech g series are all membrane, you're paying for the lol electronics in them and the brand ).

Mechanical keyboards are like having sex while typing.

Most pro SC2 players use a mechanical keyboard, using macro keys in SC2 will get you bannnnnnned. like multiple keypress combos, obviously binding one to ctrl+x wont :p

indepth guide here: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide
Generally, FPS gamers slightly tend towards blacks, rts towards browns, obnoxious hipster cunts who want everyone to hear them typing use blues.
What do you mean blacks and browns etc?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Click the link to the guide, it will explain :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
OK now I read that I guess I need to find the Black widow cheap Amazon is £88 anywhere I might be able to get it cheaper?

eksdee

FH is my second home
I have a Qpad MK 50: http://www.qpad.com/products/keyboards/MK50/

Was similarly hesitant to spend large amounts on a keyboard, but I absolutely love my MK 50 and don't regret buying it at all. One thing to note, they are extremely sensitive and typos/mis-presses will be common until you get used to it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Looks nice actually, I like you can choose your switch type.
Browns/Reds are a lot nicer than blacks imo, the new coolermaster have multiple switch types as well so you can choose your own.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah, I have reds. They're lovely! Some of the guys I play with have a combination of blacks/blues and voice activation. SO ANNOYING.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Blackwidow just arrived, feels fucking weird but the sound each key makes when pressed is lovely!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Blackwidow just arrived, feels fucking weird but the sound each key makes when pressed is lovely!

They feel weird for a day or so, but then try your old keyboard and you'll be like WTFISDISSHIT.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
IBM M series.....

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Das are for faux hipster douches, real men use Filco.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I can't use DAS. with the fucking IDE I currently am forced to use, the dual language OS I employ gets confused and randomly switches between the two. since Dutch and UK English are both NOT US Intl, I get hella confuddled trying to find my @s 's "s and |s. Actually being cultured is hard, yo.

Edit: Filco kbds are indeed made of sex. I will shout "ECA" at the magic moment next time I have a wank just to prove this.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Got a microsoft sidewinder x4 (or something)

Its not a mech keyboard, but the low profile keys are pretty sweet and its so easy to type on. plus, lights!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I would really like a blank keyboard with a UK key layout. Since I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a Colemak layout keyboard.

If you have a mechanical you can order blank key sets for it.
eg, filco and others sell blank keys so you can get custom etched sets - just buy a blank set for whatever keyboard you have and get a keypuller - total cost like 20-30 quid.

Will

/bin/su
I just sanded off the original letters and used a silver sharpie. Which faded so now it looks pretty ghetto.

I couldn't bring myself to do that to my Happy Hacker. So it is still Qwerty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom