Game charts are fake!!

X

Xavier

Hmm, if GAME followed the true chart placements, can you tell me why when visiting three of my local branches earlier this week (all within 5 miles... erk) the top 10 games were different?:rolleyes: Are the charts based on per-store sales? I asked at a couple of the shops and was told that they generally either predict what's going to sell based on preorders, or simply randomly throw games into chart slots depending which were unpacked from delivery first...

Which doesn't sound like chart rigging, or for that matter a true representation of sales to me...

S

Sar

Sometimes they just bung a stack of games in the chart, if say whatever's at number 6 for example has sold out.

J

Jonaldo

Most people with even a small amount of intelligence knows this to be the case and that no representatives of the companies in question would admit to it.

B

Bym

I reckon it was because he seems to think it fun to drag his poor shopping-hating fiance round all the Game shops (and other shops of a gaming/technical nature) in the area on a Saturday afternoon ;)

Only gets away with it cos he tells said girlie that they may find a copy of the elusive Baldurs Gate 2....<sob>

S

Sar

*bwahaha*

/strokes original copy of BG2

then /strokes original copy of ToB.

:D

;)

Still got the manuals for both, and their boxes too.

:)

X

Xavier

Originally posted by Cloowwwnnn
Why were you at three different shops?

looking for something which they all claimed to have in stock... but didn't :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom