Games Future of the server!

What do you want to do with 1.8

• New start(Everything is deleted, and a new world is generated)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Keep the old worlds, and add a new that you can also play on!

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Start a new world, and copy over some of the structures

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Just leave it as it is(Generate the new world by going further out)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Chosen

Resident Freddy
What would be cool is if you could have a brand new 1.8 world, but have a nether-like portal to the old world

That is what I already have between the 4 other worlds Rulke =) Using a modified netherportal!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
anyone got a temp server until FH one is back up :p? getting boring playing alone.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
anyone got a temp server until FH one is back up :p? getting boring playing alone.

Most serious server I am communicating with still runs 1.7(Because of shitloads of bug in the released 1.8 build) - so not sure if there is that many =)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
After seeing some more of the buildings this evening (thanks PieOpah!) I am of the opinion that it should stay :)

A combination of a new world and any newly discovered land as 1.8 things but keep what has already been built.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
That is what I am currently thinking of right now.

I will edit Southland into Northland, and add a completely new world(From the scratch).

I will also remove Netherland, as there is built in Netherworlds anyway!(+ to many worlds rape the server capacity).

There is also another issue I want to take up with you. And that is the ability to set the pws everywhere! There is two reasons for this.

1: When there are quite alot of people online, and people spamport everywhere, it spikes up the server.(This especially when you port between worlds, and you land in a broken chunk).

2: It kinda takes out the adventure part of the game(People do not use the railroads at all.)

I am willing to put up stargates in the major citys/random locations, for people to use frequently instead. I think this will give the game back more of the "adventure" feeling!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
thats fair enough chosen but i would ask that we can keep 1 pw mainly to our vaults as i know some of us have them built in bedrock thanks :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
thats fair enough chosen but i would ask that we can keep 1 pw mainly to our vaults as i know some of us have them built in bedrock thanks :)

Aye, that is something I am considering. For people to use a /set home ability!

PieOpaH13

Regular Freddie
i think a /set home and one pw so can flip from store to build/mine and get rid of ptp that is the one that people spam or insted of getting rid of ptp have an hour cooldown if poss

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
personally thoughts of it:

Keep the buildings that have obv had alot of work/time put into them via /copy flatten the rest and start over, no superpicks to clear/flatten land, no teleports as towards the end of the previous patch a few people said that porting crashed the server from time to time and no free tools.

mmo stats kept / peoples vaults kept (the room that is not the actual contents, defies the point in starting again if people can just go build diamond tools off the bat - the rooms made of obsidian/bedrock should be kept tho for obvious reasons)

Not really sure what else, clean start basically but the large works kept :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
personally thoughts of it:

Keep the buildings that have obv had alot of work/time put into them via /copy flatten the rest and start over, no superpicks to clear/flatten land, no teleports as towards the end of the previous patch a few people said that porting crashed the server from time to time and no free tools.

mmo stats kept / peoples vaults kept (the room that is not the actual contents, defies the point in starting again if people can just go build diamond tools off the bat - the rooms made of obsidian/bedrock should be kept tho for obvious reasons)

Not really sure what else, clean start basically but the large works kept :p

And you just described a weeks work for me xD

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
And you just described a weeks work for me xD

Lol, sorry mate :( no need to rush it tho, you could just do it bit by bit, i'm sure people won't die in real life if their castle is delayed by a day or two.

DjSatansfury

Regular Freddie
You could always open the new world and take the old ones down while you work on them?

Any update on the mods anyway? Im getting withdrawl symptoms lol.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
You could always open the new world and take the old ones down while you work on them?

Any update on the mods anyway? Im getting withdrawl symptoms lol.

Aye, that is my plan. That I will fix on the other worlds, while you guys play in a brand new(Will stay Vanilla for a while aswell, which means no plugins. Just a new world!)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I shall move my buildings, into the new world BLOCK BY BLOCK! and build them into new buildings!..............or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom