Games Future of the server!

What do you want to do with 1.8

• New start(Everything is deleted, and a new world is generated)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Keep the old worlds, and add a new that you can also play on!

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Start a new world, and copy over some of the structures

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Just leave it as it is(Generate the new world by going further out)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Ok, so I've gotten alot of different opinions of people on what to do with the server when 1.8 is ready to go with a recommended build.

So I will put up a voting poll with different solutions of our great future!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ah yes, forgot to mention that if we DO start over, we should all start with bare hands and grand plans. Don't think giving diamond tools etc is a really fresh frontier start.

OP tools ofcourse are there, but only for OP actions.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I think if the server restarts, everyone starts from the begging with nothing. No admin tools should be allowed unless something goes wrong server side, or someone got greifed etc.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I'm up for a fresh start. I've spent ages building my little home and the track into the centre of town but it's gotten a little stale and I don't know what else to do with it.

A fresh start would be cool.

Blodappelsin

Loyal Freddie
Just wanted to say that if we do start a new world, it would be cool to have a copy of the old worlds, cool to do some exploring and see other builds. Nice to have a backup of some of the redstone stuff too. :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Is it possible to have a message appear when you log on? To make sure as many people have a say as possible.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think the best option is adding a new world and keeping the old one's.

Was thinking this too, or ask every individual if there's certain buildings they want moved.

It's more work to move the stuff, but would also be an option to suite many, but as said, i'm cool with all options.

Especially since we could enforce HC rules on the new world where creepers destroy buildings etc :flame:

DjSatansfury

Regular Freddie
I think we should keep the old worlds and just make a new one. Dont see why not, it doesnt hurt.

And if chosen can be arsed, and if its possible (and need to) you could maybe merge Southland and Northland chunks into one map?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, I will most likely remove Netherland then(Noone uses it. + there is a netherworld bound to the other worlds) and merge Southland into Northland somehow!

My plan would then be, when 1.8 releases, a whole new map will be generated. People will start from scratch! In the meanwhile I will work with getting the buildings from Southland into Northland and put it back into the server.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Wipe the lot and lets vandalize Toht's work with gay slogans and man love pictures.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
dunno id be a bit peeved if we started from scratch not sure id have it in me to start over especially on my big city in the sky

also people have spent ages mining skyland think they might be a bit pissed to log in and find out they are missing all those lush dmd blocks

id rather have the option to move structures to the new world i dunno mebbe people can petition chosen to have their structures moved if that is what they wish

im all for a new world but id like to take my dam and sky city with me :D not bothered bout owt else ive built tho

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
HC is shite for building though. And what do the majority of us do...build?

Aye, but building in the dark and watching out for Ssssssss....is much more fun :p

Wipe the lot and lets vandalize Toht's work with gay slogans and man love pictures.

Can't getmuch gayer then it is, but as Cho is planning on replacing the nether(which was there only because MP nether didn't work back then), i might make a bit of a treasure hunt for the stuff i'm leaving behind ;)

Good plan Cho, i'm looking forward to venturing into the great beyond.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
As much time and effort I have poured into my building projects, I quite like the idea of starting over, a fresh clean slate to work on again.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
just been trying 1.81 in single player and I must say i'm impressed with it, loving how the terrain is now/dungeons and what not :) havent tried digging down that far yet but i'm sure it'll be just as good.

- English -

Resident Freddy

DjSatansfury

Regular Freddie
Might give that a go later actually, it does look quite nice. Still, I hope they can optimize the FPS in patch updates. Its all the new graphical stuff (like ten billion tufts of grass) thats killed it.

PieOpaH13

Regular Freddie
my first post

OMG lose Northland....................... i think option 1 is a bit drastic ive only been on since may and want to build egypt and am only just getting to a point where its just about to come together. me and tonyrayalan still have grand plans and havn't had as much time in the old world as some of the longstanding players, i meen we all feel bummed out when we crash and burn and lose all tools and loot imagine losing builds toooo .

Where as option two literally is the best of both worlds as older players and new ones can just make that there default home just like we did with northland and us die hards can stay put and complete or dreams...

also as this is my first online game i have spent ages grinding my stats... 1117 ecavation 1082 mining and 540 repair now dunno if that would be wiped too(think id have to go back to playing bubblebobble and suck my thumb if they where) but even if not ive like 6 chests of s stone for sphinx and loads of rail,red,stone,obsid etc... that i have put awy for future builds and am now in a position to build build build op 1 would meen sorcing all them matts again... so pls keep northland (and southland too if any one in southland wants it kept) even if all other worlds go... yours hopefully Pie

PieOpaH13

Regular Freddie
even if it means losing all matts mined out of skyland and all who play know how much time ive spent there.... this realy is about my stats and build

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Pie, you wont loose your MCMMO stats nomatter what. So no worries there!

This poll is just for me to see what people really want. And I might just end up with a combination of those!

When it comes to skyland, I actually never knew that there was full diamondblocks etc, and that was a misstake from my part. But anyway, the ones that should have the most to say in this, is ofcourse the ones that have put down the most into the server!

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
What would be cool is if you could have a brand new 1.8 world, but have a nether-like portal to the old world

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom