Funny scenario screen

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Nothing there a sorcerer couldn't do. TA run today had a sorcerer on 119K damage.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Nothing there a sorcerer couldn't do. TA run today had a sorcerer on 119K damage.

The high dmg is usually from dot dmg, and bw dot > sorc dot so they're usually higher

AOE can usually give high numbers aswell

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
my max xp i got so far are 26k plus 4k from 2 rvr quests
and highest dmg on the Screenshot :)
hmm btw ... in tor ancor the max game is about 8 min...however this dude played a 15mins game right ? so i got 26k in half time plus 4k xp from rvr quests.... do the calculation :p (my average is about 20k xp even if we lose i can still make it to the top)

Attachments

• Sairenji^F_012.jpg
    Sairenji^F_012.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 81

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
The high dmg is usually from dot dmg, and bw dot > sorc dot so they're usually higher

AOE can usually give high numbers aswell

But that doesn't mean we don't see (many) sorcerers on top of the apparent-oh-so-important damage column. Despite the dot's.

Heck, I see Black Orcs, Engineers, Shadow Warriors, Iron Breakers, Witch Elves etc on the top of the damage column as well. There are simply too many factors involved to rely on that column for proof of anything.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
But that doesn't mean we don't see (many) sorcerers on top of the apparent-oh-so-important damage column. Despite the dot's.

Heck, I see Black Orcs, Engineers, Shadow Warriors, Iron Breakers, Witch Elves etc on the top of the damage column as well. There are simply too many factors involved to rely on that column for proof of anything.

First comparisons show that Sorcs lack in all RvR relevant areas in comparisons to BWs.

Courtesy of dee: The War Journal Blog Archive Bright Wizard and Sorceress; One Way Mirror?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
first screen in the thread, sure show that BW's aren't fotm at all.....

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Found this one abit funny

stym001im8.jpg

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Found this one abit funny

I smell photoshopjob? Or some kind of bug related to the new AFK system? Debuff for no XP but strangely enough some order guys got a tiny amount of renown anyway...

//edit: Also no overall stats? Very strange...

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yes it being so small that you arent able to find the funny is not so funny

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
I smell photoshopjob? Or some kind of bug related to the new AFK system? Debuff for no XP but strangely enough some order guys got a tiny amount of renown anyway...

//edit: Also no overall stats? Very strange...

The only two people that died of dest, was the carriers of the artifact, Order didnt manage to score a singel kill. Dont know about the renown but apart from healing for the AM & RP, im not sure how WL & Engineers got their renown. Some damage to the carriers of the relic perhaps.

Here is the original size.

stym001dt0.jpg

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
The Renown from healing is shared amongst your group, the same as the Renown from "damage" is shared. Of course, you only get the Renown from kills, not as damage is actually done, whereas that would be somewhat difficult with healing Renown.

That's why you get spammed to buggery with "1 RP" etc when you have a healer in your group.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
First comparisons show that Sorcs lack in all RvR relevant areas in comparisons to BWs.

Courtesy of dee: The War Journal Blog Archive Bright Wizard and Sorceress; One Way Mirror?

Which still doesn't mean we don't see Sorcerers on top of the damage column often and also "out damaging" Bright Wizards.
One of my last TA runs had a Sorc at 119K damage and yes - I have it on a screen shot if needs be, simply because people seem to think that the screen shot of the damage chart speaks the whole truth of things.
And it is not a unique experience.
And it surely doesn't stop many Sorcerers on K8P from kicking serious behind as well - but perhaps they are just better players.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Yea, but then the same can be said for BW's/Sorcs who go solo, I have been tempted to go solo healing myself to maximise the numbers, as it seems to me that trying to work as a team is just beyond most people even if in the same group. Saving a fellow healers butt from a Witch Elf ravishing only to have him watch and run off when she tries to hump you is more than slightly annoying.

Actually yea, I think I will from now on not bother with the "smegs" and just bind everything to hots and roll my face on the keyboard.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
just bind everything to hots and roll my face on the keyboard.

That's it!!
I'm gonna patent my pvp fighting methods if more people insist on copying it!!! :p

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Ok ok Jupi, I'll use my nads instead then. Could prove to be a more enjoyable experience even when losing actually...

Chronictank

FH is my second home

I see nothing in that post that we don't know already other than a sorc whining he doesn't have a on-the-par dot line

It's all well and good pretending the sorc is the underdog with small differences (which in reality arent minor at all), but this is a team game, and a sorc has the option to spec 3 lines if they wish because they are all viable and when used in conjunction with other abilities are very very deadly
Take for example the aoe snare, nuke mixed with vortex (is that the right name) or spirit debuff+shaman+aoe

Even if a engineer was to gimp themselves and spec it, BW's simply dont have the same ae damage output to drop a grp
In anroc yesterday there was a grp doing it and there is little you can do to stop it in a bg situation especially consdiering the healer situation on order at the moment

Balancing is done on a team stage not a single class, at the moment i would say order have the edge of single target damage but destro are far far ahead in the aoe department

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Lots of classes can top the damage charts, it's hardly a comprehensive rvr stat. It doesn't really say anything about whats going on, I've seen matches with one BW topping 200k and another not breaking 20k, doesn't mean BW are OP or gimp, just means one player tried, the other didn't.
Yesterday I saw a SS of a Swordmaster at the top :D

The main problem is DoTs are a little OP at the moment due to the ablility to stack them and the problems removing them meaning whoever has the most dots can put out a lot of hurt (especially when they come with heal backlast, healing reduction debuff, resist debuff and snare).

Tbh i've not looked at how dots are stacking, but sometimes within seconds I have 2-3 lines of dots stacked on me, it takes 5s to cure each one. Occasionally i'll die before I can debuff the second dot (with all 3 hots stacked on me), but as i said, i'm not sure how they stack so im not certain if this was just a good co-ordinated attack

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I see nothing in that post that we don't know already other than a sorc whining he doesn't have a on-the-par dot line

It's all well and good pretending the sorc is the underdog with small differences (which in reality arent minor at all), but this is a team game, and a sorc has the option to spec 3 lines if they wish because they are all viable and when used in conjunction with other abilities are very very deadly
Take for example the aoe snare, nuke mixed with vortex (is that the right name) or spirit debuff+shaman+aoe

Even if a engineer was to gimp themselves and spec it, BW's simply dont have the same ae damage output to drop a grp
In anroc yesterday there was a grp doing it and there is little you can do to stop it in a bg situation especially consdiering the healer situation on order at the moment

Balancing is done on a team stage not a single class, at the moment i would say order have the edge of single target damage but destro are far far ahead in the aoe department

Dunno, I am not there yet. But thanks for the input, always good to have different opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom