Fucking Server

S

seranu

Although Karl they have stated numerous times that no backups or character restore will be possible after a patch...
And why on earth did you delete your lvl 50? :/ That to me seems a bit... odd really lol..
Anyways, you didn't expect them to keep your copy forever did you? That would seem quite over the edge to store your character in a seperate location just cause you want them to... Hmm maybe they can store all my chars as well? Heck I want em all seperated from the rest! Long live the empire of Wid characters!

And well maybe some other guy came and took your name as you deleted (you did that didn't you?) and the backup was over-written?

K

Karl [DAOC]

sigh, seranu... Goa told me they woyuld keep me a copy untill i said otherwise.. after 1 week i wanted to undelete... and they had lostt he copy... it was GOAs fault and they admitted it

M

Mnemonicus

Happens to me as well

Got 2 computers over here with 2 copies of DAOC... get thrown out to desktop after CSS... wonder how long it will take GOA to even recognise there is something larger going on than 'the issue seemed quite rare'.

O

old.Vanity

Patch Fix ??

wth good is a bitmap pic going to do :p Ah well, can't make it any worse can it ? :)

S

seranu

Ah ok Karl :/

hehe wasn't meant as an 'angry attitude' post btw in case you saw it that way ;)

Anyways, if what you say is true, I'm truelly sorry for you :(

S

StormriderX

Phew I thought I was the only one with the problem - was bought to write a thread. The server status says up but I can only get as far as the char selection screen. After that the game boots me back to desktop. FU GOA AND YOUR CRAPPY ATTEMPT AT PATCHING. We wait fking ages for the bloody patch and when it happens its bugged to hell. It's not bloody hard to translate english to erm...english. GOA = useless twats :mad:

O

old.Vanity

lol - really does it :p

it works indeed :p amazing programming :p

O

old.Ramas

Same problem here.

I'm not reinstalling 51Mb of download until someone confirms it will actually help mind you.

;)

M

Mnemonicus

The Button file works!!!

The Fix WORKS!!! install the bmp and starts spellcrafting gentlemen! :D

K

Karl [DAOC]

Originally posted by seranu
Ah ok Karl :/

hehe wasn't meant as an 'angry attitude' post btw in case you saw it that way ;)

Anyways, if what you say is true, I'm truelly sorry for you :(

hehe np m8 as u can prolly tell im pretty pissed of about losing it and the server problems... just the proverbial last straw

Yeah.. i unistalled... now on...

3.7 MB of 5.9 MB

eak

W

wolfspirit

Hmmmm mythic just when i get happy with u u lock out your players. Reinstalling means ive 12 characters worth of quickbars to resetup omg im soooo happy. :p

R

Rhymes

omfg I can't download all the bloody patches over 56k again. GOA thats just not practical especially on a 2hr timeout isp.
What happens if we still here 5 more patches down the line and the same mess up happens. We gonna eb expected to download another 20-30Mb.

K

Karl [DAOC]

funny that the post: Fucking Servers.. has had 370 views...

where as...

Patch Fix... has had 48 ;)

K

Karl [DAOC]

Originally posted by Rhymes
omfg I can't download all the bloody patches over 56k again. GOA thats just not practical especially on a 2hr timeout isp.
What happens if we still here 5 more patches down the line and the same mess up happens. We gonna eb expected to download another 20-30Mb.

CHECK THE FIX

Topic is 'Prydwen up with 1.54! Crash fix: Put www.influenced.net/buttons2.bmp in your data dir | New DAoX: www.influenced.net/daox_euro_154.zip

anyway im off for a bath... c u in 35 megs time :)

S

Slinker

Bah , same here . Hopefully fixed soon . Tried the .bmp but just the same :(

Bah , when I pasted it ,it was called "buttons2[1]" lol , forgot to delete the [1] and now it works , nice one thanks :)

M

Mundokar

Thnx Karl for the patch. Why dont you go work for GOA ;)

Now i only need to redo all my quickbars :)

O

old.amoeba

bitmap seemed to fix it for me - and the daox works too.

F

fedexx

Fucked patch... im on modem now, GOA PAY MY PHONEBILL!

S

'Shy

The answer is found on RightNow :

http://faq.camelot-europe.com/cgi-b...hp?p_admin=1&p_faqid=636&p_created=1042628154

Question
After selecting a character since the patch 1.54, I crash back to desktop, why?

Answer
There is a problem with a file not being downloaded correctly when patching to 1.54. In order to fix this issue, please do as follow:

1) Download the file buttons2.zip (found as a link on this page) in the /data directory of your Camelot folder (default c:/mythic/camelot)
2) Unzip the file in the current directory (default c:/mythic/camelot/data)
3) Launch the game as usual.

This should fix the problem and allow you to play with the patch 1.54.

T

Talifer

Originally posted by wolfshead
Hmmmm mythic just when i get happy with u u lock out your players. Reinstalling means ive 12 characters worth of quickbars to resetup omg im soooo happy. :p

My advise would be to save the character ini files before reinstalling, they can be found in the DAoC folder

<charname>.ini (I think I'm not at the computer so don't quote me ;))

Move the files for each character to a safe place, reinstall, move the files back. Also handy when you want to change machine's with your partner, just copy the files across.

Talifer

E

Erekrose

Is there any need to reinstall? Do i not just need to get those files off of right now?

F

Flimgoblin

for most people there is no need to reinstall

K

Keri

Well ... I have heard of regular servers, PvP servers, even a co-op server. But a f***ing server???? I don't even wanna know!!!

O

old.davidlqs

Karl, I have to know. WHY did you delete a lvl 50 character?

Pretty irresponsible of GOA to lose the backup, but there's just NO WAY I would take the chance, not unless I had the backup under my control.

bet they won't be offering that "service" to anyone else now though......

Users who are viewing this thread