FTL- Faster Then Light.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
i did it with maxed out stealth field, a mark2 defence drone and missiles, trying to shoot down that shield is pointless, double shoot the drone control to drop his defence.. keep 1 missile on weaps other on drone room, done

Interesting tactic. I've not bothered with the stealth field at all and I try to avoid missiles.

I think the Engi ship with the Ion Cannon II, a Burst Laser II (not the highest level one - too long between shots) does the trick on his shields (especially if you've got an anti-ship drone and a defence drone II active) - then some sort of beam laser to hit the different systems at exactly the right time :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
forget its name, but the laser that cuts through "entire ships", is nasty as fuck, it bypasses shields, and with careful aiming you can burn 4-5 rooms with it

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pike beam, or glaive beam. Glaive is a motherf*cker.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yup. All the beam weapons are.

My recommendation is Halberd Beam for the reasonably quick recharge. Can get through a single shield or does two damage if the shields are down. It's also very short. However, if you get your aiming right, and your timing, then you can get through five rooms with it on some ships.

What's also good about beam weapons is that they damage the systems in the order of rooms that they go through, so hit the shields early on if you want to keep them down for the rest of the travel time of the beam...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pause game.
Fire(target) lasers(shield breakers of any kind really).
Sset your beam line across as many rooms as possible(1 pixel counts as a hit ;)), but do NOT click again to set the line in place.
Unpause game.
Wait for lasers to hit.
Just as shield is down click so the beam is activated.
Enjoy scrap.

Mabs

just got the Engi ship, shields on it are disgusting :eek:

Mabs

it has a shield bar aswell as the standard shields

EBABA2E774BFE4D397DF3F88F2EC5836E1ADEB45

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's the supershield, which block off missiles, shots, beams, transports, anything.

Ugly means squat with that power.

It's a zoltan ship though :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Booyah! Unlocked all of the ships - including both Crystal ships.

Yes. I'm *that* sad and it's taken me *this* long :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah I liked it, not sure I have the patience to unlock everything though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom