Frustrating excel bug

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Here's the crack.

Office XP and IE7 seem to bloody hate each other.

I've come to a point where I know what the problem is but microsofts being a git as usual and NOT giving out the hot fix.

The symptoms basically are when clicking a hyperlink in any office XP application, windows spits it out and says "operation restricted, see your admin" and i've had 3 people so far have a whinge about this thing, possibly more to come if this problem spreads.

KB325478 is basically what it is, so I kn ow what's going on, just tweaking the group policy for this thing does absolutely nothing, the only fix I can think of so far is completely nuking the software restriction policy, which isn't the best idea since that involves ALSO nuking half of the applied policies.

Someone help me out here!

G

are you using 2000 server or 2003 server, there are lots of extra policy things in 2003 AD wise, its most likely one of them you need to fix this.

other than that, somethings wrong in the software policy, use your backup (if you have one) of your policies rather than deleting and restarting

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
A stab in the dark here but you don't have any restrictions on applications opening other applications do you? I know Macs can enable this option.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
We're running a combination of Server 2003 & Windows XP clients.

The problem has apparently manifested after IE7 was installed and I attempted a reinstall and a registry fix and neither have sorted this problem out.

I've been mulling over the polcies set in place over it and all the office apps and IE have all been enabled under the group policy that applies to these people.

Only thing is if that were the case it would affect the entire department but it seems isolated to 3 particular individuals that are running IE7.

Later on im going to do another test short of reinstalling Office and giving it a whirl, as well as removing IE7 completely and reverting to 6.

If anyone can think of a somewhat shorter and much less bollock breaking idea it'd be appreciated! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom