From LFD creators - EVOLVE

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm interested but only because it looks like LFD with aliens. Some gameplay would have been nice though :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm interested but only because it looks like LFD with aliens. Some gameplay would have been nice though :)
It seems like L4D where instead of two teams it's one team and one loner who gets to be a massive tank. I'm not sure how it'll last in the wild because part of L4D's charm is you're not reliant on a good class on either team, this smacks of the usual "if nobody wants to be the medic, we'll be here for hours"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm thinking they'll put 4 classes in a similar fashion as l4d characters were; only one per player and all four must be picked. Ofcourse they also need to balance all 4 so they're all fun to play.

My concern is that playing the monster might get boring. With LFD you had a bit of variance. If they add a skilltree of some sort into the monster evolution, so you have a choice of stealth/tank/damage etc then could fix that issue.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm thinking they'll put 4 classes in a similar fashion as l4d characters were; only one per player and all four must be picked. Ofcourse they also need to balance all 4 so they're all fun to play.

My concern is that playing the monster might get boring. With LFD you had a bit of variance. If they add a skilltree of some sort into the monster evolution, so you have a choice of stealth/tank/damage etc then could fix that issue.
Then you already misunderstand Toht, L4D didn't have classes, just character skins. In this if nobody wants to play medic because being medic is shit it will hamper the playability.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Then you already misunderstand Toht, L4D didn't have classes, just character skins. In this if nobody wants to play medic because being medic is shit it will hamper the playability.

Didn't misunderstand, was just saying how i think they'll do it. I know how L4D worked :p

I'm saying they'll probably force all 4 classes in, just like in L4D you couldn't have 4 Bills.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

maybe there will be awesome ai bots :D

:(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Didn't misunderstand, was just saying how i think they'll do it. I know how L4D worked :p

I'm saying they'll probably force all 4 classes in, just like in L4D you couldn't have 4 Bills.
Which again is you misunderstanding, as in L4D that made no difference because a character skin is not a class. They could easily permit a whole team of Bill and it wouldn't change L4D :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm not saying how L4D was, i only meant the part about there being just one of each.

One of each character, one of each class. There's no misunderstanding here :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Looks a bit meh, reckon it'd get boring quickly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One of each character, one of each class. There's no misunderstanding here :p

Then it's you simply failing to say "yeah, my bad, I made an incorrect comparison and when Meg pointed it out I continued saying the same thing"...

Mixing up "character" and "class" is an oxymoron, other than there's "one" of each.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's see then;

I'm thinking they'll put 4 classes; only one per player and all four must be picked.

Or...

as l4d characters were; only one per player and all four must be picked.

Oh look, both are accurate.

Class and character are two different things. In TF2 there are classes, even if the classes have distinct charasteristics. Everyone calls them classes. In L4D there are characters, as there are no classes. In EVOLVE there's classes, in L4D there are characters. Classes put in in a a similar fashion as L4D characters is apt.

Clear enough for you, or do you need an even clearer text seeing as your ENGLISH.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Started agreeing with @MYstIC G and then suddenly realised "oh, I've been here before"...

...literally :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Love it how it says "Only on Xbox One" :p is it fuck, its coming to PS4 and PC too, so you can keep your 920p capped time machine version thanks! :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Still not seeing it tbh. Steam sale only buy for me.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've got 5 extra invite codes for this if anyone wants one

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Really good game imo, was playing it a fair bit last night after they sorted the Alpha problems out.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
3 remaining

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The only problem I've found with it so far is the same problem Left 4 Dead had and that was playing with randoms isn't very fun, playing with regulars or people you know is very fun though. So advice I would give is - if you have no mates or people to play it with, play the monster all the time, you don't have to rely on random team mates then that may or may not understand you.

Poag

m00?
So its graphically very good, but theres a long pause between rounds.

Good fun tho, will play tonight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom