From 1.88b

illu

Part of the furniture
LABYRINTH WORLD NOTES

General

- The Obelisks at each entrance have been given all the same teleportation options as the Obelisks in Nurizane's Crossroads, along with the option to port to Nurizane's Crossroads and Nethuni's Sanctuary (the remote room players are ported to if they stay AFK at the entrance for too long).

So - does this basically mean anyone can port anywhere inside the Lab (as long at they have activated the Obelisks)?

This tells me that whereas before, you had a chance of an encounter of fights from the entrance of Lab -> Nurizane's x-roads, where you could possibly get some RP killing, everyone will now be porting all over the place willy nilly :/

I take it too many groups or people camped the route making Lab a no-go area for lowbie visibles.

I can see the point of them doing this, but on the other hand, I think it will make it a lot harder to find any enemy. Saying that - if they have a mino-relic, you will be able to port straight to them from the entrance. Hmmmmmm.

It's a shame though. Another route that assassins can't prey on their targets. I would always try and kill someone and if I won once or twice, I would let them move on. Oh well, I'll have to find some other bridge/dock area to find fights again.

/yawn

Oli - Illu

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
LABYRINTH WORLD NOTES

General

- The Obelisks at each entrance have been given all the same teleportation options as the Obelisks in Nurizane's Crossroads, along with the option to port to Nurizane's Crossroads and Nethuni's Sanctuary (the remote room players are ported to if they stay AFK at the entrance for too long).

So - does this basically mean anyone can port anywhere inside the Lab (as long at they have activated the Obelisks)?

This tells me that whereas before, you had a chance of an encounter of fights from the entrance of Lab -> Nurizane's x-roads, where you could possibly get some RP killing, everyone will now be porting all over the place willy nilly :/

I take it too many groups or people camped the route making Lab a no-go area for lowbie visibles.

I can see the point of them doing this, but on the other hand, I think it will make it a lot harder to find any enemy. Saying that - if they have a mino-relic, you will be able to port straight to them from the entrance. Hmmmmmm.

It's a shame though. Another route that assassins can't prey on their targets. I would always try and kill someone and if I won once or twice, I would let them move on. Oh well, I'll have to find some other bridge/dock area to find fights again.

/yawn

Oli - Illu

you will still get the rvrs in hub... and the pve grps will port... bear in mind also if a FG of 8... gonna be hard that every1 has the same port (especially if pug)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I really wish this is true as it's almost like in BG/DF with people camping entrances all friggin day. But on the other hand people will prolly start camping obelisks instead.

Hamsterwheel goes round and round and round.

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
LABYRINTH WORLD NOTES

General

/yawn

Oli - Illu

Why is it assassins seem to want fights to come to them and have a constant supply of victims ?
Go look for fights like everyone else has to,when there are choke points everyone knows what happens just look at MGs in OF,constantly being blocked off by FGs+ of assassins preying on soloers,duos etc.

I'm not saying you camp and kill people over and over but alot of assassins do
and thats why choke points are in general a bad idea,its not like its hard to wander around looking for victims in stealth ;)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully it means that people looking for insta rvr get insta rvr in Laby, those looking for pve get pve in Laby, those looking for siege rvr get siege rvr outside, those looking for roaming rvr get romaing rvr outside, and no one has to whine at anyone ?

Darzil

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Nothing worse then some person camping the way to the hub and you can't port back to your border keep cause you get chainkilled. It's a good change imho.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Hopefully it means that people looking for insta rvr get insta rvr in Laby, those looking for pve get pve in Laby, those looking for siege rvr get siege rvr outside, those looking for roaming rvr get romaing rvr outside, and no one has to whine at anyone ?

Darzil

Dream on...this is Dyvet remember :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Think mythic had good intentions here but maybe went over the top, I think there's better ways they could of prevented people from camping the stairs for to long.

I don't mind enemies attacking the stairs, so long as they sod off after wards and give people a chance to move out again. Sadly hibs most of all never seem to know where to draw the line.

A better approach may of been to just allow the entrance obelisks to port to the Hub crossroads and from there people can move out.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nothing worse then some person camping the way to the hub and you can't port back to your border keep cause you get chainkilled. It's a good change imho.

walk outside the tower and run to a keep.

Either you die and /release, /release house or you make it to the keep and port.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Think mythic had good intentions here but maybe went over the top, I think there's better ways they could of prevented people from camping the stairs for to long.

I don't mind enemies attacking the stairs, so long as they sod off after wards and give people a chance to move out again. Sadly hibs most of all never seem to know where to draw the line.

A better approach may of been to just allow the entrance obelisks to port to the Hub crossroads and from there people can move out.

what about the albs this afternoon camping hib entrance then?
its not "just" any particular realm, each realm does it from time to time.
it seems the realm with the most ppl present in the lab at any one time do tend to camp more at entrances. it happend last night. Mids were the dominent force for awhile camping stairs etc killing all who came near then as they decreased in numbers and albs numbers began to swell, so it was there turn. Hibs later on that night had the advantage. its swings and roundabouts.

cmr

Banned
it seems the realm with the most ppl present in the lab at any one time do tend to camp more at entrances. it happend last night. Mids were the dominent force for awhile camping stairs etc killing all who came near then as they decreased in numbers and albs numbers began to swell, so it was there turn. Hibs later on that night had the advantage. its swings and roundabouts.

lies all lies! albion doesnt zerg

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

quite, tis all three realms :)

Was there with a group the other night chasing some hibs, some other albs arrived, we pushed them up to the middle level before we got slaughtered (and quite right too).

As long as none of the realms give up from it it should work ok, as the realm doing the camping gets sandwiched by the people from above and the third realm from behind....

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
LABYRINTH WORLD NOTES

/yawn

Oli - Illu

dont you mean a shame thatthere is no point in camping the stairwells, using teh cl quest as an excuse

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
well you have the pvp imunity anyways. if you die just run down to hub to port. Last time i did a luri tryed to PA me and while he was trying to bash me and not seeing " the target is temporarely imune to any pvp attacks" another alb was ganking him. Very funny :p

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
You would be suprised how many ppl still run from their entrances, there is still alot of kills to be made from just camping the square by the top guards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom