TV Fringe

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Recently watched a new series, Fringe, and I've a feeling this is going to be a good series.

Snippet from wiki:
The plot deals with a research scientist named Walter Bishop (who Orci describes as "Frankenstein mixed with Albert Einstein"), his son, and a female FBI agent who brings them back together. The show is described as a cross between The X-Files, Altered States, and The Twilight Zone.

The first episode starts very well, reminds me a LOT of the old X-Files (first 1-3 seasons)

Trailer:

Anyway, watch it or not... just thought people might want to keep an eye out for it ;)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Watched the pilot when they showed in on TV, and it was pretty good for a new tv show.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ep1/pilot was on torrents ages ago, and yes its VERY x-filesey, with the female/male roles reversed.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Ep1/pilot was on torrents ages ago, and yes its VERY x-filesey, with the female/male roles reversed.

yeah its been on torrents for about a year, but i think some of the 'leek' from last year was changed in the pilot shown recently.

Did you enjoy it though?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
yeah its been on torrents for about a year, but i think some of the 'leek' from last year was changed in the pilot shown recently.

Did you enjoy it though?

Ya I enjoyed it a lot.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thought it was good as well, hope it goes for a long time. Bird is nice too :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just watched the 1st episode, really enjoyed it, have to watch the second now.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
just bringing down ep 1 & 2, moyles had a interview with JJ Abrams on friday morning, sounds good. Ep 3 is on tuesday night

We get it at the begining of october on Sky one, sorry to all you Virgin cable subscribers.......

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Watched the finale and it is getting better and better, its done very well to stay away from the x-files kind of show and is great in its on way.

John Noble has been brillant and Joshua Jackson is a better actor than I thought he was, I almost forget that he was Pacy in Dawnsons Creek.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Just restarted, I'd been getting a bit annoyed w/ it lately, but the plot development is back on and we actually get some backstory :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I loved the last episode before the hiatus. The "war" of worlds colliding has started. :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The retro intro was fucking amazing. Had me laughing out loud :D

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I lol'd at the titles as well.
It was also a useful way of telling if you were in 2010 or 1985... the typeface was different. Using a Motorola Razr as an example of advanced technology in 1985 was inspired. :)

The episode at heart was the story of a man who loves his son.

For the people who saw the show for the first time, it's a nice introduction to the characters.
For those who have been following it since it started, it threw a whole load of new information and background to the series mythos.

I'm deliberately not mentioning anything specific because I don't want to use spoilers, but all I will say is that you have to pay close attention to what is said, HOW it is said and what is happening in the background.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
oh some spoiler ideas

William Bell went through before Walter and stayed because he felt it was more advanced so he could learn more.

Bell+ Alternate Walter now want to destroy our world so theirs survives the merge?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bump.

Fringe is awesome.

<333333

If you ever liked any sci-fi series on TV ever you must watch fringe.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep, I never really got into it until this season but it has me hooked.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The filler annoyed me a little bit but the end straight of S2 has been fantastic.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I couldn't get into S1 at all. I've archived all of them up to now though, looks like I should go back and persevere. :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Get back on it then, because it really starts picking up in the last part of season 2.
The 1st part of the end of series 2-part story was "WHOA!".
Make a point of looking closely at the map of the USA on the "other side". There's something not quite right about it. :)
If the Observers are bothered, then that machine must be BAD!

I'm also not going to forget Walter's line about aliens. There might be more to that in the coming series.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Great show, but one thing kinda "scewed" things for a long time, s2 e11.

You know what i mean :p

Otherwise, can't wait for next.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's sat on my hard drive waiting to be watched later tonight.
Friday nights are TV nights once again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom