Friendly Note to enemies

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I've recently respecced my heretic to sort myself out for soloing but so far I've been met by very few (solo) attackers, partly because of the lack of people in game at the moment but paranoia is telling me that it's partly because of the buff shear proc.

If you see an orange/yellow heretic out in the frontier and it's me, I'm not going to have my buff shear proc up unless I get attacked by a zerg :D

Just a friendly note so feel free to jump me without the thought that you'll end up having to suicide even if (when) you win.

Cya in the frontiers :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
I've recently respecced my heretic to sort myself out for soloing but so far I've been met by very few (solo) attackers, partly because of the lack of people in game at the moment but paranoia is telling me that it's partly because of the buff shear proc.

If you see an orange/yellow heretic out in the frontier and it's me, I'm not going to have my buff shear proc up unless I get attacked by a zerg :D

Just a friendly note so feel free to jump me without the thought that you'll end up having to suicide even if (when) you win.

Cya in the frontiers :)

Shears are simply evil, win or lose you still have to go back to your boarderkeep. I can understand why some would avoid those fights if they have the option.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I sometimes try heretics, but tbh Im very reluctant to attack them. On lots of occassions I simply dont stand a chance because I hit for fuck all, meaning the fight will take frigging ages... so more buffshears and about 110% chance to get some adds going aswell.

Then add up the fact that IF you somehow magically win the fight, you can still run/port back to the buffbot, its simply no fun.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
kirennia said:
... but so far I've been met by very few (solo) attackers, partly because of the lack of people in game at the moment but paranoia is telling me that it's partly because of the buff shear proc.

Hmm i think the reason is due to the huuuuge amount of albs therefore people are sick of buffing then boating to said frontier or emain to be zerged by rr3 wizzies who are never more than sprint range from a tower to get hit for insane dmg due to relics, more than buff shear theory imo. Ive never grp'd with my warrior in rvr and ive noticed a vast amount of the gahn's solo group not out anymore or rolled on other alts. You have to expect to be jumped by stealthers as that really is the only viable solo class at the moment, visible melee solo is rock, but great fun too, id be happy to jump you in the frontiers providing its a nice fight and not some kite to the nearest tower, fg, or keep.

Oh and a side not how did you get to rr8l5 ? is the recent respec to solo mode due to the zerg rp factor preivously now your almost rr9 ?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Fighting heretics is like bashing your head against a wall. They are completely unkillable with bow (about the same defense level as a paladin), so I'll never start a fight with them if I can help it. :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tesla Monkor said:
Fighting heretics is like bashing your head against a wall. They are completely unkillable with bow (about the same defense level as a paladin), so I'll never start a fight with them if I can help it. :)

I doubt you will engage a fight with *anything* really, only if there's atleast 2+ others on them.

You even phaseshifted away from my RR2 Minstrel once I was in melee-range with you.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Mas said:
Oh and a side not how did you get to rr8l5 ? is the recent respec to solo mode due to the zerg rp factor preivously now your almost rr9 ?

I never purposefully joined a group which I knew was going to zerg fight. Having struggled with groups upto rr5 I spent part of that time solo and the rest back in Herfolge guild groups with not so many other groups in between. After that I spent time in various groups but spent a lot of that time ungrouped because Albion didn't support heretics in full groups for the most part. Finally when they did, I started working though :p

I joined dragon knights at around 6L5 with which we've had fun times doing pretty much anything we felt like at the time.

I recently started working 12 hour night shifts, 4days on, 4 days off so I don't get to play very much and when I do, there are often no groups out in the frontiers. Thus why I've decided to spec my heretic for soloing and am currently sorting out my sorc/cleric for FG fighting only. Heretic is of course the prefered solo class over sorc because I find it more fun.

Not heard any complaints about others who started soloing properly at high realm rank anyway :D

Tesla Monkor said:

Have had a few hunter fights which haven't gone my way down to various reasons; I don't claim to be the best of players and my solo play has been limited and spread over a long period of time so I'm not going to be great at it anyway...it's always going to be a fun fight though :D

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
kirennia said:
Not heard any complaints about others who started soloing properly at high realm rank anyway :D

M8 dont worry...they even complain when u 90% of the char life u solo and some times grp up after getting chained.

Btw was it u that me and Ioulia found today near DC 4 ? If it was .. soz :p.I thought u were one of grped albs from the other side of the hill and more were inc..so had to make the run worth some rps at least :/

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
no joy to fight a 900+ af heretic... hiting him for 80-100dmg mainhand (with 50+18 blades spec) sux

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Fought a heretic on my shade.
Perfed for 130 dmg, 3rd hit lost me my str/con buff. :mad:

I won't even bother attacking them anymore on my ranger unless its one I know doesnt have the slightly OP'ed ABS and AF buffs that mean I hit like egg yolk on concrete.
I'd attack a warlock quicker with my ranger than a heretic.
It's not worth the effort.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I thought it was defensive buff proc. That strips random buffs.

very nice of you not to use it.

its retarded to roll a buff sheer class if you want to have nice 1v1 fights with that toon, because your just going to piss people off.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm I always jump most things I see comes running solo, be it a tic or something else, high RR tics are very rough kills if they starts kiting and fool around but usually good fights vs them. Just need to keep that dot running all the time :) Also hammychain brings down tics defenses to killable levels and the assassin that wont evade a ton vs a tic, is a strange assassin.

Nice of you to leave the buffprocc at home though Kirennia, buffrips from valks and tics are indeed annoying.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:

it is aye
5% to strip a buff on being hit at top level
so I guess 10% on a left axe, dual weilder (if they hit with both hands)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
my heretics buffshear proc once removed a agramons mark from a dude :eek7:
(of all the possible icons i could remove, agramons mark had to be it!)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Shears arn't a problem for me, but I cba fighting ticks most of the time. The fight takes about seven years and they're a right pain to kill (once saw a tick kill like 4 hib soloers back to back, not low rr ones either).

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
tbh if when i was lining up to fight a tic on my NS all i worried bout was ..how much PD does he have and abs buffs :touch:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I doubt you will engage a fight with *anything* really, only if there's atleast 2+ others on them.

You even phaseshifted away from my RR2 Minstrel once I was in melee-range with you.

And of course someone has to pipe up with a remark like that. The moment I re-read my post, I guessed some whiner would comment - you win the cookie. ;)

Just for the record - even a RR2 Minstrel would kill me. Sorry to rob you of your arpees. :p

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
my heretics buffshear proc once removed a agramons mark from a dude :eek7:
(of all the possible icons i could remove, agramons mark had to be it!)
Lol
I'll try attack the next heretic I see without buffs so I'll lose that annoying mark.

Merino/Yeyi

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

very nice of you not to use it.

its retarded to roll a buff sheer class if you want to have nice 1v1 fights with that toon, because your just going to piss people off.

hmm why retarded? if i dont shear assasin or whatever is attacking against mine valkyrie? have 0 change, yet still need usually use ip etc to survive.
hmm or jarvio and his friend bodyguarding butt against 1 person, atleast they are out dex/quick buffs if shear works :)

illu

Part of the furniture
The last heretic I attacked had a healing/some damage spells friend with him, and after chasing him all over the place, on a bridge, off a bridge, in the water, on the water, out of water, back in the water, using an end pot and just trying to hit the guy to get a good fight, they eventually both had me targetted and zapped me to 25% health.

I vanished, and then got instapopped out of vanish and they killed me as I managed to get a /rude off, and they /shrugged.

I looked back at the fight log and I had 23, yes 23 out of range/view attacks from the water bobbing, and running around that the heretic had done, the worst that I have ever come across.

Heretics are already hard enough to kill, but with a healing friend and the water bobbing to the extreme, I won't be fighting these guys again in a hurry. But any solo heretic I will try to fight as normal, even if they have a lame buffshear thing up - I'll just suicide after.

Buffshearing should be temporary, like 1 minute or something, it being permanent is a really crap bit of the game.

Oli - Illu

pip

Banned
illu said:
The last heretic I attacked had a healing/some damage spells friend with him, and after chasing him all over the place, on a bridge, off a bridge, in the water, on the water, out of water, back in the water, using an end pot and just trying to hit the guy to get a good fight, they eventually both had me targetted and zapped me to 25% health.

I vanished, and then got instapopped out of vanish and they killed me as I managed to get a /rude off, and they /shrugged.

I looked back at the fight log and I had 23, yes 23 out of range/view attacks from the water bobbing, and running around that the heretic had done, the worst that I have ever come across.

Heretics are already hard enough to kill, but with a healing friend and the water bobbing to the extreme, I won't be fighting these guys again in a hurry. But any solo heretic I will try to fight as normal, even if they have a lame buffshear thing up - I'll just suicide after.

Buffshearing should be temporary, like 1 minute or something, it being permanent is a really crap bit of the game.

Oli - Illu
yep they just op class like my warlock but funny thing is they think they are great:)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
pip said:
yep they just op class like my warlock but funny thing is they think they are great:)

They're nothing like a instalock, grow up and learn maths. Anyone who thinks they're like a warlock, especially a tic who doesn't have any offensive spells at all is mentally distraut.

This comment just confirms how little you know about your enemy...

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
kirennia said:
They're nothing like a instalock, grow up and learn maths. Anyone who thinks they're like a warlock, especially a tic who doesn't have any offensive spells at all is mentally distraut.

This comment just confirms how little you know about your enemy...

Pip is mad as a mushroom, its true.

But most people (especially stealthers) who DO know what Heretics are like probably won't attack you.
Fighting enhance tics is like fighting necro pets
Frustrating and often futile

Can Tics activate a crush battler?
I wonder what I could hit a battlered enhance Tic with high PD for

You hit Hereticguy for 1(-2) damage
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom