Friars?

B

Brylle Madness

Anyone except me who thinks friars need a nerf?
MY zerker hits less than they even with the snowsquall combo, and they hit faster.
They got end regen, they got rezz, they got healings, they got buffs, they got this aggro ranged spell so noone can run away (Ewul) and evade 5.

Shouldnt a tank be greater than a Healer class?
I dont know about you but i never jump a friar, cause i know they got IP and all kinds of stuff that shouldnt be put on sucha class.
Just want to know your thoughts about this.

Regards Brylle now a nerfed zerker who cant take on a ranger.

G

gunner440

if u meet one unbuffed and he uses his basebuffs u lose normally

but on equal grounds friars arent so uber as they seem to be

R

Rhuric

I see friars more as a fun class then a class that needs nerf, no I dont jump one with my Skald even if I am buffed, cause I know they woop my ass bigtime (as do many classes)

A

AbPoon

Friers are a fantasic class but lack the cheap ra's and det that pure tanks can have, mercs are still more usfull in an alb grp.

But whats the big fucking deal? Albs got a class that can out damage you with your anytime df spamming skilz, well cry me a frikking river and start accepting the fact that a Zerker is now not a fotm overpowered class and you just "might" have to start playing properly like Mercs and BM's have had to from the start.

RAARGGGGGGGGGGG FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL MY RAGE NUB ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

B

Belsameth

it's true tho, when I'm unbuffed with my arms I'm happy if I touch them once. whe'n we're both fully buffed it's a very close call (and I am using sucky gear too) they really aren't all that tough

A

Apathy

I once managed to kill an unbuffed skald solo. Was close. Thank God for Purge. I don't have IP. :(

a.

Z

Zoldot

Originally posted by AbPoon
Friers are a fantasic class but lack the cheap ra's and det that pure tanks can have, mercs are still more usfull in an alb grp.

But whats the big fucking deal? Albs got a class that can out damage you with your anytime df spamming skilz, well cry me a frikking river and start accepting the fact that a Zerker is now not a fotm overpowered class and you just "might" have to start playing properly like Mercs and BM's have had to from the start.

RAARGGGGGGGGGGG FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL MY RAGE NUB ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

LOL? never thought this would come from you poon ^^
They outdmg zerk with the any time holy staff (whatever) style.. Yeah I call that really skilllzzzz...
What is ur fucking point?
You saying that it was overpowered fotm class... yeah they needed a little nerf.. but not this fucking much.. you trying to get on good hand with albs or what?
Stfu imo.

Accepting the fact that its not anymore a overpowered fotm class? Its a frikking joke atm.. gets outdmg by a skald.

edit: cant write anymore... going away. If you wonder why I dont answer ur future posts..

I

infozwerg

if you are a tank, especially a dualwielder, and a friar outdamages you, chances are that:

a) you are unbuffed

b) you suck

L

Lorthania

I think you just ran into the wrong Friar :).

In PvE, I do a fair amount of damage with the added bonuses of healing and rezzing. However, I've just come back from a month of BG3 and I have noticed that when it comes to going into combat with a zerker, I am severely disadvantaged as far as pure damage dealing is concerned. After two days, I usuallt just kept myself to staying in the back for heals and rezzes, but my power pool is so small that it only lasts for about seven or eight heals or two rezzes...

There are so many ways to spec a Friar and I can imagine that a full battle specced Friar can go against a Zerker and win, but that's not necessarily the case for all Friars.

Of course I'm very prejudiced :), but I don't think Friars need a nerf. They can fulfill many roles in a group, which is one reason why they are so fun to play, but they are not overpowered in one area by definition, unless you spec that way. If you spend all points in rejuv, don't expect to deal a lot of damage

Grtz

Lorth

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by Zoldot
LOL? never thought this would come from you poon ^^
They outdmg zerk with the any time holy staff (whatever) style.. Yeah I call that really skilllzzzz...
What is ur fucking point?
You saying that it was overpowered fotm class... yeah they needed a little nerf.. but not this fucking much.. you trying to get on good hand with albs or what?
Stfu imo.

Accepting the fact that its not anymore a overpowered fotm class? Its a frikking joke atm.. gets outdmg by a skald.

edit: cant write anymore... going away. If you wonder why I dont answer ur future posts..

Sorry is it me with the zerker or you?

Yes this constant fking whine about zerker damage is straining me mentally, zerkers had overpowered damage for along time, we are now in line with Mercs and BM's, but i'll spell it out for you why a zerker is better then a frier.

Zerkers have Det, cheap purge, cheap ip, enhanced evade not to mention more hp and higher weapon skill and access to PF.

In a grp Zerker>>>>>>>>>frier any day of the week

So you cant kill a skald face to face, what the fucks that got to do with anything? you cant kill a class who dd's you twice for 1xx dmg then mezz's you right at the start of the fight, rags you so your on 70% dmg, halves your parry with his 2h, and skalds normally have slash which has 10% bonus on studded and he has chain which has 10% - on slash not to mention 8% more abs.

In my group i have PF which gives the tanks who assist me great help, my 3 hit rear chain will take a warrior to 50% when i dont crit and less when i do (With a 3.2 swing speed this you cant grumble with), when i zerk i pull out my 5.6 axe, its not often i hit for less then 900 and not unknown for me to do 1100+, what other class can deal that in front load?

Zerkers have been too easy to play for a long time in RVR and now youll have to face the fact that you cant spam df and kill people in 2 hits, so youve got 2 options, Either roll a 2h savage so you can spam styles, sit here and cry that you cant kill anything or do what about half of the top zerkers have done and carry on playing.

Why have i gone apeshit like this to a Mid which i very rarley do?

Well me and alot of other Zerkers know we are still effective in rvr and i'm not gonna have some random lowbie zerker telling me that my class is gimp just because you cant fking kill anything.

As for being out damaged by a skald then compare a skalds damage overtime to a zerkers, its nothing like, also like to see a skald that frontloads for 900+

Word

Z

Zoldot

o_O

frontload for 900+.. yeah right. in zerk mode and very lucky maybe. I've seen the dmg zerks does in this patch.. no nothing in the close to 900.
If you werent a zerker I would say you talking nothing but BS.
Seems like you are anyway^^

I didnt say that zerks suck in grp compared to friars. just sad that there dmg suck. yeah they are good in grp because of cheap ra's and det. If it wasnt for that I would MUCH rather take a friar in grp then berserker.

A

AbPoon

Looks i'm not going to discuss whats gimped and whats not with a thane ok

Z

Zoldot

Looks i'm not going to discuss whats gimped and whats not with a thane ok

really nice reply.. "with a thane"
Guess I shouldnt talk to a guy who plays a zerk after the patch^^

A

AbPoon

Look belive what you want, nothing wrong with Frier nothing wrong with zerker though we could do with flurry now dmg has been changed.

Argue with me if you want just because i get pissed off by your guild m8 but it doesnt change anything, Zerkers are good in rvr, better then friers, you havent got a zerker anyway so how the fuck would you know? and if a thanes your main i doubt you rvr now anyway as they arnt accepted anywhere so hell the hell would you know?

Maybe a guild grp once in a while :p

T

ThePure

... eherm... my little hunter got 2 shots on a hunter before he came up to me and knocked me out in what.. 2 hits or something like that.. it was... humiliating.. but odd... even if buffed to the teeth most tanks need 3-4 hits to take me out.. ofc I only ahve evade 2.. which I think is.. yeah...

I

infozwerg

frontload for 900+.. yeah right. in zerk mode and very lucky maybe. I've seen the dmg zerks does in this patch.. no nothing in the close to 900.

jawz can do 1200+ hits, so zerk can do 1600+ hits in rat mode.

2h damage of zerkers has not changed at all.

Z

Zoldot

Look belive what you want, nothing wrong with Frier nothing wrong with zerker though we could do with flurry now dmg has been changed.

Argue with me if you want just because i get pissed off by your guild m8 but it doesnt change anything, Zerkers are good in rvr, better then friers, you havent got a zerker anyway so how the fuck would you know? and if a thanes your main i doubt you rvr now anyway as they arnt accepted anywhere so hell the hell would you know?

Maybe a guild grp once in a while :p

How I would know zerkers dmg isnt good? I just sad that if it wasnt because of cheap RA's I would much rather take friar ro the grp.. nothing more. or how I would know zerker dmg isnt good? I'v seen it, and what do you mean by: Argue with me if you want just because i get pissed off by your guild m8? o_O

I

infozwerg

zerker > friar >>>>>>> sack of rice >>>>>>> thane

tbh.

B

Brylle Madness

Originally posted by infozwerg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Zerk can hit for 1600+ in rat mode? may just maybe 1 to 10000000 chance yes before patch.
Now if u are very lucky u get a hit up to 600+ in zerk mode very lucky that is.

SO STFU NOOB Try a zerker nowadays and we will see if your tounge is as black as it is now.

Mythic did a very bad work with the LA. I have sc armor and fought a merc at the same RR today solo noone was buffed.
He had Epic armor and i had to use ip and still died.
He use ip but was on 90% when i died.
And on top of that u know that Mid have all 3 str relics.
SO u all whining albs just shut up its time for mids to hit back with nerfs!!!!!!

A

AbPoon

Basicly you suck, when will you learn theres more to rvr then duels?

Also not being funny but before you call people noobs take a look at how much rvr experiance you have.

I could explain to you why that merc beat you one on one, but tbh i cant be arsed but maybe some friendly guy on here will tell you.

Anyway role a mana chanter or a savage sweet pea, youll be fine

F

- Fedaykin -

Poon you are the only zerker i respect tbh

you've stood by your class after your uberness was brought in line. Zerkers are still a great class!! They are in line with their opposite realms equivalents and still do great damage.

Friars = take a look at the rps of friars. Quicksilver is rr10 and everyone knows he hits like a truck which of course he should do gaining that many rps.

But.... look at other friars, they have below average rps for an "uber" RvR class.

They are obviously underachieving in RvR, they have no determination and therefore can only fill 1 space in an "ideal" group.

They can rezz in battle, heal and buff!!! In reality the average Friar doesnt have time for battle rezz as he is assisting the main tank, his heals are pathetic compared to a cleric and his own "end-regen" sucks compared to that of a Paladin. They have no defence (no shiled, leather armour) apart from evade, which isn't as good as savages. They die sooo fast to crush champions that its not funny.

Friars are always buffed remember, that is why they win lots of solo encounters, however buffed v buffed they lose their uberness.

Thrust merc with det, pf, ip etc > Friar in groups.

A

Agreac

Originally posted by brylle
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Zerk can hit for 1600+ in rat mode? may just maybe 1 to 10000000 chance yes before patch.
Now if u are very lucky u get a hit up to 600+ in zerk mode very lucky that is.

Ever heard of 2H? Your 2H cap should be around 800, add 99% crit to it and you will hit for 1600. One-in-a-million shot sure, but it's possible, I don't think we'll have to wait for long to see screenshot from one of the high RR zerkers where he hits like that.

A

AbPoon

11xx best i managed on chain atm but had room for another 150 on the crit that i can remember but with 5.3 spd and with axe rear style, cap with rag with a 5.7 sword should be massive.

I'll collect some screens once i get my 5.6 spd axe >.<

G

Garnet

Originally posted by infozwerg

You also forgot to mention hes rr10l10 = lots of RA points = lots of abilitys to boost his character ability in defense and offense, not to mention he has like 50+11+9 in sword, shield + mop etc.

Id like you to show me a screeny of a zerker doing 1600+ hits in rat mode please or is this more bullshit?

I

infozwerg

Id like you to show me a screeny of a zerker doing 1600+ hits in rat mode please or is this more bullshit?

if you really WANT high numbers, you should be able to get a screen of a zerker doing 2000+ in one hit.

doesnt necessarily means its a good charakter in rvr.

S

Staan

I got owned by any shield tank (considering i don't evade slam), also ranger/hunter kill me easy now.

Friars are great Duelist if you want my opinion ... but in mass fight if you want to stay alive as a friar, you can't rush in the melee like an armsman or paladin. You got to wait a few an pick up a caster in the rear and just spam friar's boon :)

but yea friar are fun to play, but far to be fotm.

R

Runolaz

Basicly you suck, when will you learn theres more to rvr then duels?

Also not being funny but before you call people noobs take a look at how much rvr experiance you have.

I could explain to you why that merc beat you one on one, but tbh i cant be arsed but maybe some friendly guy on here will tell you.

Anyway role a mana chanter or a savage sweet pea, youll be fine

I agree that zerkers are brougth down to a reasonable lvl. As to getting beat by a Friar, well Friar is a stronger Solo class than a Zerker. Tanks shine best in a grp, solo they often end up becomming the hunted and not the hunter.

Having said that, I think you need to get of your high horse Poon, with regards I know it _all_ "skillz". So your 6L1 vs 4L5 and suddenly he is a random lowbie, get a fucking grip. I simply don't get the part where you think you play your class that _much_ better. Only reason you have more RP is, cuz you have had your lvl 50 proably 1 year longer than Brylle. At rr4+ I hope 99% have learn't to play their class decent. This thread is a random whine, and yes uncalled for imo, cuz the classes can't be compared. Still I'm amazed it ends in you saying he sucks, yet a Friar would probably beat you too. Friar > unbuffed Zerker plain and simple, but in grp a Zerker beats the crap out of a Friar any day of the week.

So to sum up get the fuck down to earth Poon, cuz it really doesn't fit you. Brylle...cut the n00b talk and play your class with a smile, cuz it's still good for grp RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom