friar question

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi,i am pling a friar and i might be rolling a BG friar as a second option for clustering so i need some replies if is possible :

.¿ what spec is worth ? 48 enchan 44 staff ( for 8 sec stun side style) 8 rej 6 parry or maybe being a bg bot some times is more worth go 39 staff and gain some rej/parry skills.

I would like to know if there is an important difference between 39 / 44 staff.

Another question is about the friar weap. I saw lots of friars with tartaros but ... which is the slowest weap for friar ?

Thx in advance.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
49 enhance (red matter iirc) - 39 staff - 18 rejuv - 6 parry or so I was, later on I went 44 staff but tbh not very big damage increase. 3rd in side-chain with friar-WS = Goodluck landing.

Im guessing dropping staff to like 29-34 might be worth it if u wanna be a BG-bot (and no solo) otherwise 39-44 staff spec.

Just make sure u got red heat/cold - cant go much wrong after that as BG/Grapple-bot.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
why u dont reply me on irc and you post here ? :)

anyway i think matter red resist ( 49 encha) is not very important for fg vs fg fights atm

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Xxcalibur said:
anyway i think matter red resist ( 49 encha) is not very important for fg vs fg fights atm
Puppet said:
Just make sure u got red heat/cold - cant go much wrong after that as BG/Grapple-bot.
Reading the whole post is sort of important.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
DavidH said:
Reading the whole post is sort of important.

Yeah but he's a lawyer, like they take everything into account ;)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:

adding warlock insta killing one of your casters = bad :<

Daux

Fledgling Freddie
49 enhance 39 staff 18 rejuv and 9 parry is the most common and regular friar staff spec. This gives full purp resists and higher weapon skill for the friar styles, the main style friars use is level 29 so staff can be as low as 29 is required to leave a higher parry chance.

For a BGing friar the parry spec (29 staff 30+ parry) prolly makes more sence as its you who will have to defend yourself while BGing so that would be the best choice imo. And from reading other forums, friar weaponskill/damage doesnt vary much on either spec (29/39/50), only 100-200 max difference.

30+ rejuv is another option but if you are BGing you will have agro probably and wont have the chance to heal so Parry might be your best bet, but totally dependant on player style and how you want your friar :)

Hope this helps.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

ok listen to me;)
then 39-44 dmg debate isnt a great deal about 100dmg variance, imo not worth it, when are you gonna manage to get round the side and pull off three moves? not very likely and much more important having more in other lines...
i would only ever consider 2 specs as ive tried them all except the rejuv as i love battle friar:
39 staff
49 enhance
18 rejuv
9 parry uve got ur decent dmg, all red resists and buffs, and last haste, my favourite spec so far

and the one im considering: this is the most grp friendly one
33 rejuv
49 enhance
3 parry
29 staff uve still got fair dmg, bests resists buffs haste etc and brilliant heals. dont ever worry about low parry, imo doesnt matter that much as evade is more frequent and can just bump it up with MoParry's.

i wouldn't go for anything without 49 enhance mate, the resists are well worth it and the buffs/haste.

my tartaros is on like 70% dura:p i never used to use it BUT even though slowest wpn , the dmg is the best for any other staff in the game and the proc is yum, can end regen and style with no downtime what so ever:D
tartaros is my babeh.

i run all the time in opted rvr grps. for grps i would never ever go for 44 staff complete waste. either go for the 2 specs ive suggested, bearing in mind, healing breaks bodyguard, so you have to sneak it in, but is well worth it having the 3rd healer. but also i enjoy beating the crap out of them with my 39 staff:p

hope this helps, need anything else just pm etc etc:D

Aro

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Im with that spec - works for me. Tho Im still perfecter, thinking of respeccing to BG when there's a grp worthy to respec for.

And yes, Tarts on a friar owns. Heal, fight, tarts proc, heal, fight etc :worthy:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
chaining ml_styles with some 1handed is not fotm on friars wondering why? impossible or wot? should be cool with end reduction buff

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

Dorin said:
chaining ml_styles with some 1handed is not fotm on friars wondering why? impossible or wot? should be cool with end reduction buff
hm, a couple of rejuv friars do that so they can have a healy mace and shield
but tbh smack em up with staff with 29 staff decent enough dmg still.
and illudian, decent enough grps all want meh :clap:
i do miss having heal font though:p could chain pull puple mobs np

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Dorin said:

Firstly you'd have the weaponskill of a 1h weapon without any spec at all, secondly the styles take a set % of endurance - the speed of the weapon makes no difference at all.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I dont rate friars as healers, tbh its not their job. Resurrection is the most thing in the rejuv line they can do. Friars are gonna take on full tanks, and if its 2 or more, your toast.

Enh/Parry spec friar would be my choice, so friars who join my grps, take note !

The longer you stay alive, the longer your caster/cleric stays alive, so erm.. keep yourself alive ! parry ftw.

ps. CM need a new friar :p

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Nice Aro to see you follow my advices :p
Actually Zede, all the times we grouped together, you had a BG/rejuv friar with you healing fairly well iirc :) Friar is the second healer of the realm, so for me it will heal and protect casters/clerics.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

Zede said:
I dont rate friars as healers, tbh its not their job. Resurrection is the most thing in the rejuv line they can do. Friars are gonna take on full tanks, and if its 2 or more, your toast.

Enh/Parry spec friar would be my choice, so friars who join my grps, take note !

The longer you stay alive, the longer your caster/cleric stays alive, so erm.. keep yourself alive ! parry ftw.

ps. CM need a new friar :p
<cough> i was told to fo:(!
and lets count the active friars out there who are rr5.. hmm ouro,daux....oh yeh and me!

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
thx for the opinions , probably will go 39 staff to increase parry/ rej a bit but anyway i think the best way to defend yourself while you are bging is planting ST :)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

hmmm... nah:) Whirling Staff
i like throwing an ST right in the middle of the grp, to fuck up their casters and they're meleers assist train if they get caught in it

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Mikah75 said:
and lets count the active friars out there who are rr5.. hmm ouro,daux....oh yeh and me!

You'll always be my bgbabehbot \o/

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

:p
i usually have my liddle fish sheri:D but your my substitute during the daytime;)

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
33 rejuv minimum for the heal, 49 enhance, rest don't matter much tbh. You can still use ml styles, which is all you'll use. Should just run around power tapping/buffsheaing or staying close to your caster(s) and bg the/buffshear the tanks/heal/power tap. Works perfectly fine on hib with warden doing that atleast.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
Another question is about the friar weap. I saw lots of friars with tartaros but ... which is the slowest weap for friar ?

5.6 is the slowest weapon you can get which both Tartaros gift and Brazen Stout Defender are - imo best 2 staves in the game

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Xxcalibur said:
Tarta is slowest and also best, the tarta charge is a proc for them. <o/

Remember seeing Deepfried hitting a gate in of, procced like every second hit so got full power in a matter of seconds. Oo

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

yup it does:) best staff, ive tried them all i think except destiny's bubble breaker and last briton defender

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
Mikah75 said:

My friar is rr5 too :x

Oh and I don't really agree with tarts being the best friar staff without rivals.
In my opinion it's only the best group staff. Destiny's Bubble Breaker, the event staff and azure faithbound cudgel (heal proc staff) are far better for soloing. Especially while you've haste up.

About specs.
Don't really think that high parry has a big use for friars due to the low weapon skill (in group rvr that is, when you get 2+ tanks on you).

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

yes but you were away for ages:p forgot about you, active being the key word here..
i switch to dragon stuff sometimes for interupting on the omg ghey casters with stupid casting speed.. but tbh tartaros dmg usually takes most casters out in 3-4hits
and cant really ever solo anymore:S not effectively anyway... just get mowed down

leviathane

Part of the furniture
deep ain't active anymore dont think tbh, but he was a awesome player, good /game friend.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Eva said:
33 rejuv minimum for the heal, 49 enhance, rest don't matter much tbh. You can still use ml styles, which is all you'll use. Should just run around power tapping/buffsheaing or staying close to your caster(s) and bg the/buffshear the tanks/heal/power tap. Works perfectly fine on hib with warden doing that atleast.

styles costs a lot more for friar tho so id say 29 staff for boon aswell.
our friar is 33 rejuv 49 enhance 29 staff i think and seems to work fine :)

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
i will back on monday gotta hit rr7 on the gimp before i move onto my next project
200k to go so knowing me i'll still be playing next yr:p
and regarding staff my personal fav is BST always will be,shame i only used one for less than 2 weeks <borrowed from a friend>

leviathane

Part of the furniture
come make a friar on us server deep :D you can see my young padawen friar then xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom