Friar or Merc for serious RvR

O

old.mattshanes

LOL! mitsu where you been?

You coming back to alb ever?:)

A

Adelle

Originally posted by Demonblade

Mercs are great, specially when u get a good group, and we are very good in PvE, although not as good as a friar. Fun to play, variety of styles, nice RA's and some nice new tweaks to the class in recent patches.
-Khen

We are not all that bad solo either, so it's a good class for those of us who prefer to run alone over zerging in Emain :)

L

lubbock

I made my merc because everyone said they sucked, so of course thats the class to play :)

But the advantage with Friar is they are good in PvE as well as RvR.

And my experience is that Merc suck in PvE but rox in RvR.

But this is just my opinion

A

Alphaville

Atm. Merc >>Friar. Might change<hoping>

Who needs a good RvE char at lev 50, eh? Its RP's you want!?

1. Cleric's BoF doesnt effect us.
2. Ur dmg has been sorta nerfed, merc deal more dmg over time.
3. Ur ressists isnt all that needed tbh.
4. We cant heal.
5. Ur rezz suck, unless we go high rej, but hey, roll a cleric.

If i where you I would roll a fotm merc.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Danyan
I like my merc. :p

I have played nearly every class in daoc and merc definetly is one of my favourites,i know many who have played them and feel the same way too,yes we not the best tank in the game but we can be if we are played well up along with the best.

Damage is good and defence is decent in rvr,ok we have evade 1 BUT in my view chain+evade 1>studded/reinforced+evade 3 because evade gets effected when multiple targets hit you chain will not.

Also mercs can actually frontload decently if they have high DW and dualist reflexes and they can also do brilliant damage over time,infact one of the best in the game.

Now friars are also a very good class but they get targeted a lot more often than mercs in rvr and only have purge to save them from cc really but their damage is very good aswell.

End of the day give both a test now with instant lv20 see what you feel more comfortable with, i know lv20 is completely different to level 50 but it gives you a an indication of what the class is expected to do.

Users who are viewing this thread