french military victories <cough>

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Wouldn't it be a risk to those people's health, standing on that ground?

Well they only allow visitors twice a year.
The background radiation is certainly still higher then normal there. I wouldnt go there with a pregnant wife or go and live there.
But if it is only for a short duration its not that bad realy. (or so says my friend who works in a nuke power plant)

O

old.ivan

Originally posted by old.LandShark
lol

Deranged maniacs in control of nukes? Seriously, do you think it's even remotely likely outside of Hollywood?

Has anyone ever thought that someone would dare hijack a plane and "land" it inside the twin towers ? Yet we have results. It is possible, you see, the Americans are extremely affraid that, due to lack of security, some of Russian ole nuke cores get stolen. They even pay for security measures on some of Russian nulear silos, believe that :)

O

old.job

The power of nuclear weapons is overated, the Earth is a VERY big place, even setting off every nuke on the planet, would only harm higher organisms. The planet would merely recieve a minor surface peppering.

Now zero-point energy bombs are a different kettle of fish, once they make one of those babies, it's time to look round for a new planet.

The bombs dropped on Japan were arounf 30,000 tons of TNT equivalent, modern high-yield warheads are up to 2.5 million tons of TNT, it is rumoured that the Russians built a ten million ton device. But the energy in one Hurricane would dwarf even that device.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.job

The bombs dropped on Japan were arounf 30,000 tons of TNT equivalent, modern high-yield warheads are up to 2.5 million tons of TNT, it is rumoured that the Russians built a ten million ton device. But the energy in one Hurricane would dwarf even that device.

Yes but if you survive a Hurricane, you survive, a nuke on the other hand could leave you with a nice 'glow in the dark' TM tan.

And a hurricane doesnt release all its energie in 0.2 seconds

F

Flesh

Originally posted by driwen
serbitar you lost the war versus the americans.
Iirc we didn't lose a war against the "Americans" we "lost" a war against "British Settlers". So technically, we didn't lose.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Flesh
Iirc we didn't lose a war against the "Americans" we "lost" a war against "British Settlers". So technically, we didn't lose.

Wasnt it against the British Settlers and France ? so technically you lost against the french

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Sibanac
Yes but if you survive a Hurricane, you survive, a nuke on the other hand could leave you with a nice 'glow in the dark' TM tan.

And a hurricane doesnt release all its energie in 0.2 seconds

Agree, if anything could be more scary than the way the nuke looks when it explodes, the sheer power of it, or what it would be like to be caught in the explosion. It would be what would happen to you if you were within 10 miles outside of the blast radius.

F

Flesh

Originally posted by Sibanac
Wasnt it against the British Settlers and France ? so technically you lost against the french
No, because the French never really did fuck all for them, they only really helped them after they had the war in the bag ..iirc oO

F

Flesh

Agree, if anything could be more scary than the way the nuke looks when it explodes, the sheer power of it, or what it would be like to be caught in the explosion. It would be what would happen to you if you were within 10 miles outside of the blast radius.
Don't think you'd feel a thing tbh, you'd be dead before..parts of you hit the ground. oO

O

old.Dillinja

Don't think you'd feel a thing tbh, you'd be dead before..parts of you hit the ground. oO

I'm talking about the incredibly high dosages of radiation you would have your body battered with, slow painful death. Personally I'd rather have a nuke pushed down my throat and detonated than die by radiation.

N

ning

Originally posted by Serbitar
all the wars we've taken part in since 1066 i think...

So explain me why India, many africa countries and north america is no longer in the British Empire.

(good luke :p )

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by ning
So explain me why India, many africa countries and north america is no longer in the British Empire.

(good luke :p )

Erm.. We gave them back? As far as I know, only North America was lost due to us losing a war, the rest were gave back at our own will.

N

ning

Erm.. We gave them back? As far as I know, only North America was lost due to us losing a war, the rest were gave back at our own will.

Better joke of the day :)

N

ning

Originally posted by Serbitar
all the wars we've taken part in since 1066 i think...

I like the "we" in your sentence :)
Are you absolutly sure that your family was british in 1066 ?

The only thing we can know is if we are european or not ...

O

old.LandShark

When they were first testing the nukes on those little islands in the pacific or in the water or wherever, they supposedly didn't know about the radiation and fallout the nuke would release. The guy's watching it had no protective clothing whatsoever and the fallout got all over their skin and anywhere it wanted to really, lungs etc. Not a nice thought what happened to those guys afterwards.
No, it's not a nice thought. You bring this up why?

Landshark : I'm not sure about you but I'd much rather a dictator who used soldiers and guns to take over land than one who can just level his enemies if he chooses to do so.
I fail to see the relevance of that; obviously I'd sooner see war with conventional weaponry than with a massive exchange of nukes. Your point?

(edit: in case you can't read, my point was that the former is massively likely compared to the second, or even any variation on the second)

O

old.ivan

No, because the French never really did fuck all for them, they only really helped them after they had the war in the bag ..iirc oO

I wonder who supplied the powder, cannons and ammunition etc etc etc :) was it the indian natives ?

O

old.LandShark

Scary stuff. :\

FOR THE LOVE OF LITTLE FLUFFY ANIMALS, WE KNOW BEING HIT BY NUCLEAR FALLOUT IS BAD, YOU CAN SHUT UP ABOUT IT NOW

O

old.ivan

FOR THE LOVE OF LITTLE FLUFFY ANIMALS, WE KNOW BEING HIT BY NUCLEAR FALLOUT IS BAD, YOU CAN SHUT UP ABOUT IT NOW

i agree Fluffy Little Animuls dont get enough lovin :rolleyes:

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.ivan
Has anyone ever thought that someone would dare hijack a plane and "land" it inside the twin towers ? Yet we have results. It is possible, you see, the Americans are extremely affraid that, due to lack of security, some of Russian ole nuke cores get stolen. They even pay for security measures on some of Russian nulear silos, believe that :)
Yeah, well a nuke being stolen is.... vaguely plausible I guess. Not from America, France, Russia or so on though - it'd have to be primitive, self-developed technology in a less used-to-having-nukes country.
As to the twin towers comment, lol, where's the bloody comparison please?
Security around passenger aircraft has always been pretty damn lax. Security around nuclear missle silos is not lax. Launching nuclear missiles having broken into a silo would still be an incredibly, incredibly complex problem. Physically removing an ICBM would also be a lot harder than you might think; getting it out of the country, untraced would be verging on the impossible.
One does not just sneak into a nuclear compound with a pair of wire clippers, run off with an armed ICBM warhead under your arm, then set it on the ground pointing vaguely at the right continent and light the fuse.

The aircraft hijacking that ended with the WTC disaster was demonstrative of one thing, and that thing is not that we are overconfident in our security. It is that where security around potential weapons is lax, it will be exploited. Fact is they hijacked passenger jets, not nukes.

edit: lax Russian security regarding nukes was news a decade ago, not now.

F

Flesh

I wonder who supplied the powder, cannons and ammunition etc etc etc :) was it the indian natives ?
Yes.
Because native indians, had cannons.
Yes.. well done.

O

old.ivan

Yeah, well a nuke being stolen is.... vaguely plausible I guess. Not from America, France, Russia or so on though - it'd have to be primitive, self-developed technology in a less used-to-having-nukes country.
As to the twin towers comment, lol, where's the bloody comparison please?

edit : the comparison was made in relation to possible / impossible , not to damage or security level.

The aircraft hijacking that ended with the WTC disaster was demonstrative of one thing, and that thing is not that we are overconfident in our security. It is that where security around potential weapons is lax, it will be exploited. Fact is they hijacked passenger jets, not nukes.

edit :i doubt you know much about security around nuclear silos or the state of corruption. Hell, due to "patriotism" i doubt any of the "old timer commies" would object to a nuke being sold with a purpose to teach "the x arch enemy" a lesson.

O

old.ivan

edit: lax Russian security regarding nukes was news a decade ago, not now.

So im guessing this is why Americans pay a shitload of money <still>, this is why a "certain company" will be sending yet more CCTV and Access Control equipment " somewhere" , and im guessing that is why this November the Defense Minister of RF will be conducting a review of several strategic objects in Kamchatka. Its not news, its reality.

PS: dont pretend to be smarter than you really are mate, you end up being a smart-arse.

W

Wile_E_Coyote

<Warning! Strong scene described>

I once visited a website dedicated to the”anniversary” of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. There were a lot of witness’ accounts and drawings of the events, and I can quite honestly say that it’s the most gruesome and grotesque crime against humanity ever committed. The suffering that the civilian population (they were after all cities not military targets) was beyond anything I’ve ever heard… It took people everything from hours to days and weeks before they finally could die. It was impossible to save them, but even so volunteers went in to ease the suffering paying the ultimate sacrifice, dying themselves of the radiation. Scenes like dying people by the scores trying to quench their thirst and cool their burns (half mad from pain) from a water tank where dead people floated, pregnant women and children included. People who went deranged because of swelling of the brain… Cannibalism…

The reasons for the bomb was pure terrorism (induce fear/terror into the public of the nation), there were no significant military targets in either cities. This is recent history, in the grand scheme of things 50 years is NOTHING. There were no one punished for war crimes and the nuclear program (and the view that it was a viable weapon) if anything picked up. Humanity is indeed mad, and fear what the “civilized” world (USA) is capable of doing. Terrorism is only bad when it happens to you m’kay....
:puke:

O

old.Dillinja

Jesus Christ, somebody get this man some anger management classes. Seriously, nobody is forcing you to read my posts, if you don't like them just skip to the next one, I really don't know why you are being so hostile to me all the time but just stop it now, please. I'm not going to lower myself into a flame war with you so stop quoting my posts and giving your fucking useless comments.

F

Flesh

PS: dont pretend to be smarter than you really are mate, you end up being a smart-arse.
He's a smart-arse, you're just an arse.

O

old.ivan

He's a smart-arse, you're just an arse.

Congratz thats another "constructive" comment i've seen from ya. Must be really hard to keep em that "constructive".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom