french military victories <cough>

O

old.LandShark

Napoleon, paging Napoleon to thread 78861.
Also, old as fuck, and die irl pls xDDDDD

Or else I'll be forced to point out that searching Google for english military victories does exactly the same 'did you mean defeats?' thing and also the first link is to an account of a french victory.

Not that I'm a particularly patriotic person, I just can't stand to see people find this kind of cack entertaining ;p

O

old.Tohtori

I still don't get that "did you mean defeats" thing...when i search for "french military victories" i get a shitload of pages and links to various sites. *shrugs*

O

old.job

It's as joke url just a copy of a Google result page............
or did you mean.....tohtori DOES get it?

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by old.LandShark

Not that I'm a particularly patriotic person, I just can't stand to see people find this kind of cack entertaining ;p

shush landshark :D ... just because you're french doesn't mean we can't have a laugh at the french's expense :cool:

O

old.LandShark

I don't react because it's directed at the french. I react because I heard TWO WORLD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUP chanted too many times at my high school. It just pisses me off that it gets directed at anyone, nevermind whom.

Also, I am a humourless arsehole. Did we mention that yet?
keke.gif

E

Ekydus

So is that LandShark or LandSharke? Heh. :p

BTW: That phrase sounds quite idiotic... It makes the English sound like morons because they can't win the World cup more then once. Granted many of the English are complete and utter fucktards though.

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by old.LandShark
I don't react because it's directed at the french. I react because I heard TWO WORLD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUP chanted too many times at my high school. It just pisses me off that it gets directed at anyone, nevermind whom

I agree landshark, i remember that chant, it and things like it (e.g. this post) are in bad taste.

Originally posted by Ekydus
Granted many of the English are complete and utter fucktards though.

Shut up, Just shut up right now.

E

Ekydus

Well I am English myself and you'll find no matter where you go there will always be assholes.

D

Driwen

World War I
- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

Uhm the americans came in the last month or something with their troops and that along with the "tanks" gave it the final push. But without the Americans the english and french still might have won (we can never be sure as that didnt happen).

- The Napoleonic Wars
Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

uhm Wellington was a Wellesley, son of an earl. Napoleon was from civilian standings or plebs (or atleast I think atleast not part of aristocracy). So I dont really see his point as Napoleon was from way lower standings than Wellington was.

Besides they forgot to add that revolutionary France, before napoleon came into power, kept itself free while all its neighbours were trying to get the king family back on the throne. After that Napoleon came to power and decided that they should take over whole of europe, which of course ended in failure.

ofc this was all meant in good fun, but this thing has been running around for to long to be fun for anymore..

J

Jonaldo

Past is past, we all win some lose some.

I say "Bonjour mon amies".

And the sooner England joins Europe the better imo.

O

old.Dillinja

All hail the greatest country in the world.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by sharma
Lost all wars except one, the french Civil war :rolleyes:

im not an expert on french wars. However they did win in the WW1 where the americans didnt do much of the wor. They joined in for what 1 month and they might have been the last push that was needed, but they certainly were not the main part of the force.

Now the hundred year war they also won and allthough jean d'arc had something to do with it, she died before they had actually won the battle. Now besides this the french had in 1369 the english pushed back to just calais. However the english renewed their attack and gained ground again to be finally defeated in 1453.

Now this list manipulates every victory they could and list every defeat they know of. I wouldnt be surprised if they forgot to list the victory's they couldnt manipulate into a defeat.

G

Gamah

Originally posted by driwen
im not an expert on french wars. However they did win in the WW1 where the americans didnt do much of the wor. They joined in for what 1 month and they might have been the last push that was needed, but they certainly were not the main part of the force.

Now the hundred year war they also won and allthough jean d'arc had something to do with it, she died before they had actually won the battle. Now besides this the french had in 1369 the english pushed back to just calais. However the english renewed their attack and gained ground again to be finally defeated in 1453.

Now this list manipulates every victory they could and list every defeat they know of. I wouldnt be surprised if they forgot to list the victory's they couldnt manipulate into a defeat.

Yes but in true french style they built the maginot (sp?) line..a hugley fortified line of defence to keep the germans out, but did not build in the whole way down the country...long story short the Germans went around it :ROFLMAO:

F

Flesh

Originally posted by Gamah
Yes but in true french style they built the maginot (sp?) line..a hugley fortified line of defence to keep the germans out, but did not build in the whole way down the country...long story short the Germans went around it :ROFLMAO:
They did build it the length of the border.
The Germans went through Belgium, which was a neutral country at the time afaik.

O

old.LandShark

Thanks for saving me the bother of telling him that, Flesh.
keke.gif

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Flesh
They did build it the length of the border.
The Germans went through Belgium, which was a neutral country at the time afaik.

actually they went through belgium and netherlands and violated the neutral status of 2 countries and bringing the line also to the border of belgium would probably have caused a diplomatic incident, which might not have helped at all.
Now they could have drawn the line up to belgium, but that would also have given the wrong signal. They made the line so the germans couldnt come directly into France that worked and Hitler had to attack the Netherlands and Belgium to capture France. Which also gave France some extra time.

F

Flesh

Originally posted by driwen
actually they went through belgium and netherlands and violated the neutral status of 2 countries
Well done, you manage to repeat what I said, but without grammar. :(

D

Driwen

Well done, you manage to repeat what I said, but without grammar. :(

actually I mentioned that Hitler violated the neutral status of another country. Besides that I also added why it wasnt plain stupid to make the maginot line to defend the french/belgium border.

F

Flesh

Where did I state my opinion about whether or not the maginot line was stupid?
I stated the fact that it did cover the French border.
Now silence peon :x

D

Driwen

Where did I state my opinion about whether or not the maginot line was stupid?
I stated the fact that it did cover the French border.
Now silence peon :x

I quoted you to correct the fact that germanny actually violated more than the neutrality of one country. Then I went "talking" on more against people to people like Gamah.

And it covered the French/German border not the whole French border.

F

Flesh

I know, which is why i said border, not borders, France has more then one border fyi.

S

SilverHood

Landharkè ( :D ) , did you go to school in England?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom