SWTOR Free Weekend Pass

Gray

FH is my second home
Ooh all this conversation hotting up now.

Still noob questions like this need asking, those orange items. Do they actually have a NAME? Usually the colour code would tie it to a specific rarity, like blue = rare/prototype and purple = epic/artifact. Orange however does not link to anything i can search for. Each of the websites i've seen (Like TORhead/SWTORSpy) fails to count these items, which means you know bugger all of where they come from.

Does any orange item of similar slot have the same strength as one which you may potentially get at a higher level? I know you can get the modifications which increase the level so i have been keeping on top of that each time when i can, but if i was to get a level 35 orange would it perform just as well as a level 10 one i picked up ages ago?

Can companions equip orange items to keep them on the top of their game also or are they player only.

I've just also got Andronikos Revel as a "guest" companion, he better than Khem, but i've grown quite attached to Khem in our time levelling!

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Ooh all this conversation hotting up now.

Still noob questions like this need asking, those orange items. Do they actually have a NAME? Usually the colour code would tie it to a specific rarity, like blue = rare/prototype and purple = epic/artifact. Orange however does not link to anything i can search for. Each of the websites i've seen (Like TORhead/SWTORSpy) fails to count these items, which means you know bugger all of where they come from.

Does any orange item of similar slot have the same strength as one which you may potentially get at a higher level? I know you can get the modifications which increase the level so i have been keeping on top of that each time when i can, but if i was to get a level 35 orange would it perform just as well as a level 10 one i picked up ages ago?

Can companions equip orange items to keep them on the top of their game also or are they player only.

I've just also got Andronikos Revel as a "guest" companion, he better than Khem, but i've grown quite attached to Khem in our time levelling!

Orange is fully customisable. All the slots are open to add your own Mod/Augment/Barrel/Hilt/Crystal, so that you can decide what stats the item has, they do not have a level requirement as the level of the item is based on the mods that you put into it. This is probably why they're not listed on any databases, as they're effectively statless items like in the screenshot. You can now (after patch 1.2) take all the mods out of (for example) a purple epic raid item, and place them into an orange item to give the same stats, but with your choice of appearance.

Companions can wear orange too, as long as it's the right type (light/medium/heavy etc).

I found Andronikos a better companion as a sorc than Khem, for kiting at least. I would keep agro and kite, while Andronikos DPS's.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'm losing interest... :(

I love the class specific stories. But once you look past the voice overs on the side quests it still says "kill x of y"....

Also my OCD need to constantly having to alt tab to a walkthrough to make sure i always get maximum affection points for my current companion kinda ruins the experience as well...

I'm gonna see what 1.2 has to offer but chances are big i'm ditching the game and wait for GW2.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
you do know that affection only really effects craft speed and romance yea ?
and you can just give them gifts :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I do give them gifts, or rather i give the ones i can't max out from conversations gifts.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm losing interest... :(

I love the class specific stories. But once you look past the voice overs on the side quests it still says "kill x of y"....

Also my OCD need to constantly having to alt tab to a walkthrough to make sure i always get maximum affection points for my current companion kinda ruins the experience as well...

I'm gonna see what 1.2 has to offer but chances are big i'm ditching the game and wait for GW2.

It's a case of been there done that these days, i've been playing MMO's since 1999 and the genre is so stale right now.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Really enjoying this still. I haven't really got into the Empire story yet, most of my time is spent on the Republic side of things. Jedi Knight remains my favourite class and story. Guardian forever baby ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom