Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
lvl 50 crafting, youre looking at about 45-90 mins / mission
you can have, at 50, 5 minions crafting though, so it works out ok

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
lvl 50 crafting, youre looking at about 45-90 mins / mission
you can have, at 50, 5 minions crafting though, so it works out ok

I would point out that it's possible to get to 400 skill without being level 50. I did so on a few alts. Imho, it's worth doing your class story for a while... maybe get the ship robot (with help you can do it about level 13).

leviathane

Part of the furniture
yes but it's also pointless as you won't be able to craft the lvl 400 rakata stuff until you do normal mode ops.

Gray

FH is my second home
Just found out about reverse engineering

brb crying in a corner.

Wasted so many mats just vendoring items i created :'(

Gray

FH is my second home
I do seem to be in somewhat of a pickle at the moment in regards to levelling, i don't know why but it seems as if i'm one step behind all my quests (The quests are orange for me). This happened as i finished Nar'Shadda at level 23 and headed to Tattoine, since then i seem to be going up against mobs 3-4 levels against me.

I haven't done any of those Flashpoints yet, so obviously that is probably a chunk of my XP down the drain because i'm just doing the solo content so far. But it seems that these flashpoints are a little bit different compared to WoW, in that is it more vanilla WoW that there is no random dungeon finder? When you're just starting out in a game it's not exactly ideal having to thrust yourself into realm wide dungeons i've felt ;.

What could i be missing though, i've completed at least 90% of the previous worlds i've been on but i've always been equal level.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If you need to boost your exp a bit do the ship missions or go back to the last planet and do the bonus quest series, the bonus quest lines give some decent item rewards and cash.

Mabs

do ship missions, FPs, or daily PVP
and make sure you do the Heroics.. and go back to the Bonus Series

Aada

Part of the furniture
I do seem to be in somewhat of a pickle at the moment in regards to levelling, i don't know why but it seems as if i'm one step behind all my quests (The quests are orange for me). This happened as i finished Nar'Shadda at level 23 and headed to Tattoine, since then i seem to be going up against mobs 3-4 levels against me.

I haven't done any of those Flashpoints yet, so obviously that is probably a chunk of my XP down the drain because i'm just doing the solo content so far. But it seems that these flashpoints are a little bit different compared to WoW, in that is it more vanilla WoW that there is no random dungeon finder? When you're just starting out in a game it's not exactly ideal having to thrust yourself into realm wide dungeons i've felt ;.

What could i be missing though, i've completed at least 90% of the previous worlds i've been on but i've always been equal level.

Your complaint is what 100's of thousands have been complaining about since beta and day 1 release, no dungeon finder, the days of 2002-2005 are over and there's no excuse for not having a dungeon finder in this game.

It is so fraustrating spamming chat channels to get a group together, not only does it annoy everyone else that see's the spam but it is time consuming and stops you doing other things.

A dungeon finder should be their top priority right now.

Mabs

not really. its just an easy way out for lazy people.
so, youre on X planet. look top left.. X: 14 so theres 14 people in the instance, you could ask on /1, it takes a few seconds.
failing that, i find its better to actually go to imp fleet, and ask on /1. on a lowbie tie that in to a training/bank run/GTN trip/whatever so its not "wasted", takes a few minutes if you have Emergency Fleet Recall, or the fleet recall tokens that cost a measly 1k each

OR
"g"
"who"
SET LFG COMMENT
and its not the largest space in the world, but you can easily fit "DPS LF BP" in there

people need to stop sitting there open mouthed, expecting to be spoonfed :\

Mabs

oh going back to XP stuff, Gray ;
you are logging off "resting" yea ? : Cantina, or on your ship

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
yeah alot of the lowbies in my guild in my guild never did most of the flashpoints, siince you have to sit in imperial fleet and spam lfg; as on the planets its all about heroics. Which is a shame because some of them are good (I like foundry)...especially as some of them arent available HM > Athiss, Mandalorian etc etc etc

Aada

Part of the furniture
not really. its just an easy way out for lazy people.
so, youre on X planet. look top left.. X: 14 so theres 14 people in the instance, you could ask on /1, it takes a few seconds.
failing that, i find its better to actually go to imp fleet, and ask on /1. on a lowbie tie that in to a training/bank run/GTN trip/whatever so its not "wasted", takes a few minutes if you have Emergency Fleet Recall, or the fleet recall tokens that cost a measly 1k each

OR
"g"
"who"
SET LFG COMMENT
and its not the largest space in the world, but you can easily fit "DPS LF BP" in there

people need to stop sitting there open mouthed, expecting to be spoonfed :\
How is me trying to form a group and having no success wanting to be spoonfed?

So after me porting to the fleet or other populated worlds to try and form a group for 20mins is deemed wanting to be spoonfed?

Sorry Mabs we aren't all jobless and have 24 hours a day to play you little righteous tit.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Besides how would having the option to use and to not using a dungeon finder hurt you?
It doesn't so ignorance is bliss eh?

Mabs

crawl back under your opinionated rock Aada, i cant be bothered with your wounded sense of entitlement

end of the day, loads of people manage without a dungeonfinder, and here you are whining about it... no suprises its you tho is it ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Who's the loads of people? Your the one not giving a reason for not having a dungeon finder your just being a rightous I can play 24hhrs a day prick.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well seeing as dungeon finder and looking for raid totally destroyed any sense of community in WoW it's probably a good thing that they don't exist in SW.

Besides which, there is a LFG tool in SW (Though I never used it)

Mabs

Who's the loads of people? Your the one not giving a reason for not having a dungeon finder your just being a rightous I can play 24hhrs a day prick.

loads of people, as in "a lot of people" just cos you cant do something doesnt mean the rest of us find it so hard ?
narrow minded cretin :(

and seriously, if you are finding it that hard to get stuff done, get a better guild

Aada

Part of the furniture
loads of people, as in "a lot of people" just cos you cant do something doesnt mean the rest of us find it so hard ?
narrow minded cretin :(

and seriously, if you are finding it that hard to get stuff done, get a better guild

Right now after 15mins of going between Fleet/1st/2nd world i'm sat here trying to start a group for HS it's not primetime but in fact it's my primetime and i can't get a group going because noone is looking on this server right now, a dungeon finder would solve this and still you haven't given a reason for not adding the feature.

So yes your the narrow minded cretin here.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well seeing as dungeon finder and looking for raid totally destroyed any sense of community in WoW it's probably a good thing that they don't exist in SW.

If a dungeon finder tool ruined the so called WoW community then there clearly wasn't much of a community to begin with was there?

There really isn't a single valid reason anyone has ever come up with to not have the dungeon finder tool and the community excuse is absurd.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Join LFR
Listen to pre-pubescent whining and bullshit
Get loot
Leave

That's LFR, nobody ever says anything other than smack talk and you never see the people again anyway because most of the time they are on a different server.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ok that still isn't a reason I've been in groups like the ones you described without the LFD system so what's your point?

Nate

FH is my second home
I'd welcome a way to get groups using the ui rather then comms.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

I never had many problems with the dungeon finder in WoW.

Sure there were retards every now and then but a quick vote kick and replacement sorted that 100% of the times.

And the LFG tool in SW isn't as much a LFG tool as an icon beside your name in the /who list and over your character. And that only works if you see the player or are on the same planet as he/she is...

Mabs

And the LFG tool in SW isn't as much a LFG tool as an icon beside your name in the /who list and over your character. And that only works if you see the player or are on the same planet as he/she is...

/who 25
works fine ;)
as does
/who 25 26 27

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sure, but the /who screen won't show the full list if there's to many results. So you still miss out on potential group members.

Besides, /who still isn't a useful LFG tool. :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
/who 25
works fine ;)
as does
/who 25 26 27

/who was useful in the DAOC days, it's 2012 now and past MMO's not including WoW have had a better LFG system then this.

I see it time and time again in general chat ''when will dungeon finder be added?'' people want this feature and at the end of the day Mabs this feature is not forced upon anyone if you don't want to use it and do it the way you like it then that's fine right?

Spare a thought for those people who invested a lot of time when the game came out on their server only to now find their server population is horrible and putting a group together is an utter nightmare.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Didn't DAoC have a proper LFG screen anyway? Pretty sure it was added in SI or even before that...

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I have done all my levelling past 10 on my current lvl 32 Sorc through Warzones and Flashpoints. I never leave the fleet and have done every FP atleast 4 times. Its extremely doable but SW needs a better LFG system. Which its getting in 1.3

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Didn't DAoC have a proper LFG screen anyway? Pretty sure it was added in SI or even before that...

I think the daoc lfg system was the similar to the one SW:Tor has at the moment where you have a list for your zone and people who have flagged as LFG are displayed (if you type /who in a zone people who have put /lfg on will display at the top of the list in SW:Tor). What they are aiming to implement, from what I've read of their forum posts is a dungeon/raid finder like what WoW have implemented, where you are automatically put into a random group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom