Free Mobile Broadband.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well it's not a contract for a start, but yes ctuchik, once again thanks for the well informed input!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
How are you guys going with this (those that did it)?

I think its great :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I only got my ding dong yesterday, so I am going to have a play over the weekend.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Trem: The instructions say you can only carry out the flashing operation on XP - is this correct, or did you do it on Vista?

Trem

I did it on mine luv, I use Vista.

Trem

After a quick read it won't work with 64bit Vista because of an unsiigned driver or something, works fine with 32bit Vista.

Trem

About bloody time!

Trem I did it with 32bit vista, worked fine. It really is cool.

I didn't quote it as it was far too obvious for a comedy genius like me :eek:

Glad its sorted for you, barely used mine but its there if I need it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I only need to use it a few times a month, when I'm out of the office and need access to my mail and other web bits. Handy as hell to have though. Many thanks again.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
After a quick read it won't work with 64bit Vista because of an unsiigned driver or something, works fine with 32bit Vista.

Aye, you can force 64 win7 to ignore the unsigned - or chose without driver checking during f8 boot up - I assume it would be the same for visty

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
This doesn't work anymore, well atleast you can't get the dongles off of the 3dongle4free.com website.

Trem

This doesn't work anymore, well atleast you can't get the dongles off of the 3dongle4free.com website.

It was always going to be a limited offer, they may do it again.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Finally got round to trying this. I did the flash, installed the connection manager, I have a o2 sim with my current phone with free web bolt on so I thought I would try that.

Managed to get it connected with "limited connectivity" ie shite (also tried on xp machine and vista) and wouldn't open a web page, tried various users and passwords APN's, IP's available from the net and gave up. The GF has an iphone payg so im gonna try her sim tonight and see how that goes. If it works, fine I will just order the sim.

Also, its a 3dongle and it came with a 3sim. I swapped sims put the 3 one in, changed the connection manager settings to 3 APN ones and it connected fine to HSPDA, surfed nps. Now the sim is registered to me it's a payg and has 0 credit on there, how come it connected and will i get charged?

Confuzled :s

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If it's anything like a 3 mobile, you'll likely only get charged for non-3 network stuff.

Trem

Finally got round to trying this. I did the flash, installed the connection manager, I have a o2 sim with my current phone with free web bolt on so I thought I would try that.

Managed to get it connected with "limited connectivity" ie shite (also tried on xp machine and vista) and wouldn't open a web page, tried various users and passwords APN's, IP's available from the net and gave up. The GF has an iphone payg so im gonna try her sim tonight and see how that goes. If it works, fine I will just order the sim.

Also, its a 3dongle and it came with a 3sim. I swapped sims put the 3 one in, changed the connection manager settings to 3 APN ones and it connected fine to HSPDA, surfed nps. Now the sim is registered to me it's a payg and has 0 credit on there, how come it connected and will i get charged?

Without wanting to condescend you did do step 8 didn't you luv?

Step eight: input the following settings into the config of the Globe software
config filname: o2
dial no: *99#
username: payandgo
password: payandgo
APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
pdp type: IP
auth mode: PAP
dns: automatic

Also if the 3 software is on then uninstall that as well. I read that caused issues when connecting if you have that on and also the connection manager.

soze

I am a FH squatter

3 Dongle will connect as you have to browse to a 3 Website to purchase credit so you should find it will connect but not let you browse anywhere.

All I can think as the reason it would not connect is the APN ect you found where not correct i have not tried my contract SIM in the dongle so i cant help there.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Without wanting to condescend you did do step 8 didn't you luv?

Also if the 3 software is on then uninstall that as well. I read that caused issues when connecting if you have that on and also the connection manager.

Yep tried various step8 settings including those and the two within the pdf and word docs included in the software regarding o2, also some i found on the net after trying the above.

Also removed the 3 connection software prior to installing the nextG connection manager.

I will see what happens later with the GF's iphone sim. :7

soze

I am a FH squatter
If you have a o2 contract phone the settings will not work as they are pre pay ones the other settings you tried where they for contract phones or is your sim Pre Pay.

Fast

Part of the furniture
3 Dongle will connect as you have to browse to a 3 Website to purchase credit so you should find it will connect but not let you browse anywhere.

All I can think as the reason it would not connect is the APN ect you found where not correct i have not tried my contract SIM in the dongle so i cant help there.

Yea odd thing is its been flashed and I found the APN settings for 3 on the net and it connects and surfs fine when there is no credit on there. It doesn't send me to the 3site for credit as its been flashed and it's using the NextG connection manager, i think :7

Some settings here GPRS Connectivity - Information and UK Settings

Fast

Part of the furniture
If you have a o2 contract phone the settings will not work as they are pre pay ones the other settings you tried where they for contract phones or is your sim Pre Pay.

Yea its a contract phone, but there is contract phone settings in the software documents;

"For an O2 sim on a contract it was-
Click settings, Click Add, Config Name = O2Dial Number= *99#user = fasterpass= password APN= mobile.o2.co.uk DNS servers= 193.113.200.195 DNS servers= 193.113.200.195 I left the rest default and set the O2 config as the default provider."

Which i entered and got a connection, albeit limited and would not browse anything, but it was connected.

I'm starting to think its the sim and I need to buy the iphone one. :7

Thanks for the input guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom