Free Mobile Broadband.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
All you have to do is create an account with Welcome to 3 Dongle 4 Free and they will confirm your email address and password they will also send you a code with instructions on how to get the dongle for free (All you have to pay for is £4.99 for delivery).

Once you have received the dongle download the unlock files below and extract. There is a .doc and .pdf instruction file in there with instructions on how to unlock your dongle (Takes about 20 mins).

Your done, you can now use a sim card from any network for 3G broadband use at upto 3.6mbps - There is also a MicroSD card slot that will take a MicroSD card (not MicroSD HC) up to 4Gb.

EDIT

Step one: Buy a Dongle on the link in post one with the discount code for a total of £4.99 for delivery (the dongle itself is free if you follow the instructions).

Step two: Go onto Ebay and buy yourself an Iphone O2 pay-as-you-go sim for around £3.

Step three: Download the unlocking software from **********

Step four: Run unlocking software as per the instructions in the text file or pdf included with it.

Step five: Activate your O2 sim with a £10 top-up HERE

Step six: Put the sim into the newly unlocked USB dongle and plug into your pc.

Step seven: Wait for the pc to recognise your dongle and install the Globe software (automatically)

Step eight: input the following settings into the config of the Globe software
config filname: o2
dial no: *99#
username: payandgo
password: payandgo
APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
pdp type: IP
auth mode: PAP
dns: automatic

Step nine: Connect to o2 on the globe connection manager.

Free internet connection for 12 months, total cost less than £20 (and you can still use the £10 of credit to make calls if you put the sim in a phone that’s unlocked to O2).

Thats it, you're all done.

PS
You can both send and receive text messages if the dongle is plugged into your USB port thanks to the Global software.

Not recommended for heavy users (ie streaming tv or torrent downloading etc). Ensure that you make/receive at least one phone call every six months as per the O2 T&Cs to keep internet live.

I got one of these dongles on the £4.99 just for postage offer and only just found this thread on another forum. Bloody great in my opinion, I have ordered the sim card and unlocked my dongle this afternoon, really pretty excited about the thought of free mobile broadband.

If anyone needs the unlocking software PM me as I aren't sure it is allowed although I can't see how its illegal.

I did it thus -

Installed the dongle WITH the 3 simcard in, let it all install then remove the dongle and remove the sim card then install the other software, thats it.

Trem

The unlocker software comes with the connection manager so once it is installed you should then uninstall the 3 software.....apparently.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tempted to do this, using a laptop out and about and it's annoying when I can't get wifi access.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Would like to try this. Costing me a few quid to be mobile. PM sent :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've got one of these, they work quite well. We picked it up the same way just as a backup for in the office for when the broadband craps out.

Trem

One thing I forgot to mention is that once unlocked the dongle can be used with ANY sim card for browsing, the point of using the O2 iPhone one is that it comes with 12 months of free internet bolt on.

So at the worst you could have a sim free dongle to use with other providers that do cheaper net than 3.

Can a mod confirm if I can post the unlocker software link or not?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Can any dongle be unlocked or just the one that you have to pay £4.99 for? I have a dongle lying around that I got at Christmas and wouldn't mind trying this. Could you pm me the link to the software unlocker.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can a mod confirm if I can post the unlocker software link or not?
You are a mod? :p

E-mail me the linkeypoo mate and I'll have a butchers.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
that o2 sim "free" 12 months browsing is set at 200 meg a month max, and if they suspect you are using it outside of a phone ie in a dongle then they cancel the sim. They can easily do this buy seeing how many voice calls you have made using that sim, if its in a dongle then thats a grand total of none.

I suspect the other mobile firms have the same policy, so i would make hay while the sun shines, or jusst get 3 or 4 of the sims and when 1 gets cancelled use the others....

just saw chets link tio the sim and the bottom bit says

Please note: This sim card is supposed to soley be used in the iPhone only, although it works in other phones the free internet bolt on may be stopped by O2 at any time.

Trem

Thats right brooky, but on the other forum where many, MANY (33 page thread and counting) have done this only 1 of them has got a text saying to use it in an iPhone.

Would be quite easy to take it out the dongle and use it for voice calls every couple of days anyway, after all you have a tenner credit on there.

Trem

You are a mod? :p

E-mail me the linkeypoo mate and I'll have a butchers.

Oh god aye, I AM A MOD! Who the fuck had the completely mental idea to make me a mod??!!?

Madness. I blame Teedles and Jup :eek:

PM'd you chum.

In my opinion it isn't dodgy but I have quite a low dodgy threshold :D if it was left to me I would post the link, and if I wasn't a mod I would of then waited to of got bollocked.....or not :)

Can any dongle be unlocked or just the one that you have to pay £4.99 for? I have a dongle lying around that I got at Christmas and wouldn't mind trying this. Could you pm me the link to the software unlocker.

From what I can make out the software is a firmware upgrade ONLY for the dongle from 3, pretty damn sure it won't work on others.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't have any issues with it trem, it seems to be a connection programme that you can get from ZTE's website anyway. You can also find the shit by typing in the company name and "unlocker" anyway.

Besides, all this is anyway is destroying your dongle. If people choose to do naughty things on O2's network, that is down to them.

Starman

Part of the furniture
already got an o2 dongle anyway and moving in my first house soon so this shall be useful for a few weeks while I'm waiting for BB to be installed.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
isnt it a bit dodgey legally speaking ?

Surely its hacking the dongle to piggie back on any wifi and hide its identifier so you are for all purposes stealing your mobile bb ?

Not critisising just tryihng to work out the risk / reward ratio to see if its worth it

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Huh Moriath? You are simply using the o2 sim's data access. Which is free with the sim over HSPDA?

Trem

It would at the worst be frowned upon by 3 because you are unlocking their dongle for use with any sim of your choosing. Can hardly see how its illegal and the unlocking software is from the makers of the dongle from what I can make out.

There is no piggy backing, simply unlocking then using another sim. The most annoyed from all this would be O2 as they intend the iPhone sim to be used in an iPhone.....exclusively only from them....imo fuck 'em.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
ah i see when you said unlocking any sim i thought you meant any network .. obviously not :)

Just O2 sims then

:)

Trem

I'm all up and running now, works like a dream!

Chuffed with it :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have the dongle up and running im just waiting for the text that says the unlimited internet is up and running :) Thanks again for the tip.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
If O2 catch wind of this they'll start blocking the IMEIs, but I suspect that %age wise it's an irrelevant bit of traffic on their network :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
There is no piggy backing, simply unlocking then using another sim. The most annoyed from all this would be O2 as they intend the iPhone sim to be used in an iPhone.....exclusively only from them....imo fuck 'em.

its possibly a breach of contract tho. and if it is i doubt they will just frown :)

i'd probably start looking up decent lawyers if i were you ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
If O2 catch wind of this they'll start blocking the IMEIs, but I suspect that %age wise it's an irrelevant bit of traffic on their network :)

for the moment yeah. but this will surely explode so they will have to do something about it.

Trem

its possibly a breach of contract tho. and if it is i doubt they will just frown :)

i'd probably start looking up decent lawyers if i were you ;)

Lol!

Are you serious?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have read of a few people having the bolt ons removed because its not in a iphone but it seems only after heavy use.

Trem

I have read of a few people having the bolt ons removed because its not in a iphone but it seems only after heavy use.

That is the worst case scenario, it won't get any worse than that.

I am quite sure we won't have to chip in for a team of high flying lawyers, because, omgz teh simz wur in teh donglez!! Go sue rangers GOOOOOO!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Nah worst case bolt on gets removed and you run out of credit :) It did not make me agree to only use it in a iphone so i doubt you can get in any real trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom