Free Access for a week, will you be there ?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Well you say it's unlikely, but mythic just announced they're raising the ywain server cap although they didn't say by how much.

Computers have gotten more than 8x faster over the life of daoc so I think technically there should be plenty of headroom for considerably more than 4k players. Still that many players on one server would be pretty nuts. Will be interesting to see what they do! Perhaps add some additional rvr zones?

Nate

FH is my second home
My mate told his friend he had a mum that had a son who's brother from another mother worked for mythic and he said he's getting ready to put dyvet on ywain :O

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Logged in to some 7 year old chars scattered around the old frontiers, such memories!

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
yea I can't see the harm in allowing dyvet to merge with ywain, would only add 100-300 extra accounts at euro times.

German and French clusters must be a headache for them though.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well you say it's unlikely, but mythic just announced they're raising the ywain server cap although they didn't say by how much.

Computers have gotten more than 8x faster over the life of daoc so I think technically there should be plenty of headroom for considerably more than 4k players. Still that many players on one server would be pretty nuts. Will be interesting to see what they do! Perhaps add some additional rvr zones?

I think you are underestimating the amount of players willing to return to an active and vibrant server without starting from scratch.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
I think you are underestimating the amount of players willing to return to an active and vibrant server without starting from scratch.

Yea , and it takes soooooo long to get gered up getting ML's etc etc :rolleyes: /sarcasm off

No you can get it all in a week , hell you can lvl a toon to 50 and get him
fully rdy in 1-2 weeks (without being a hard core player).

Everz

FH is my second home
Yea , and it takes soooooo long to get gered up getting ML's etc etc :rolleyes: /sarcasm off

What about the RR's and time spent getting those ranks on them? I value you my chanter above any of my US toons because what I did on it took months rather then a couple of days.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
To be honest the problem is the "Eu" cluster and the amount of annoyance coming from non English speaking users.
I DO hope they gonna do a mega Cluster for Germans and Froggies and allow English speaking playerbase to get to Ywain.

That's the better sense move to make, we gotta wait and see tho cause Mythic is infamous to do the more economic moves (in short terms) rather than fix things for an healthy other 2-3 years (med term).

Fao/Kasrry

Fledgling Freddie
Yeps it is dead.... Tryed to look on camelot europe but seams like site is down too. Was looked in was sorting out my Inf so, i wonder if there will anything wrong whit that char when i log on again som day =(

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

Realm ranks, plats, highend items, LGM crafters. Multiply that with amount of chars you had + another account for buffbots et al.

Everz

FH is my second home
I can get you lgm in one trade a day

Way to miss the point Coke.

When you spent eons to get LGM (or RR, etc etc) it feels like more, and as such you'll want to play that character more so then starting over again.

It's why I can chuck away with US acc without care but never my Chanter.

Septina

Part of the furniture
they're still there. Got me RR3! :D

Yea, noticed. :p Shame theres not a soul around anymore. :(

Some Avalonian Theu taking a random tower and camping it with his DI bot dying the second he leaves the tower. :(
Was good rps but he logged when he died tho. :<

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I thought it ended yesterday, yet, i'm still on? :S - anywho's - GOA probably said its 7 free days, but if you try to play afterwards, you get charged :p

Merge servers now please :) got like 600-700 plat worth of items :)

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
I thought it ended yesterday, yet, i'm still on? :S - anywho's - GOA probably said its 7 free days, but if you try to play afterwards, you get charged :p

Merge servers now please :) got like 600-700 plat worth of items :)

Well 14th-21st is usually until midnight at 21st though so it shouldnt close the free week before midnight.

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
I should off played! nvm
so whats the plan now? game over.. no more daoc?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
So dyvet is still freebie or not?

If I was GOA I'd turn a blind eye and leave it free till it closes, leaves players with a bit of goodwill towards them and probably Mythic too, as they inherit a bunch of active players not ones that have logged on for one week and forgot about it but oh well. Peeps that have paid for last couple of weeks prolly whine to much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom