Freddyshouse becoming a slight lighter version of BW atm.

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me, or are there more around me that would like to see that FH does not become the same, or worse, as BW is atm? In rvr discussion, I would love to see rvr related questions, posts etc, not grats threads and fao threads. We have a general forum for that, or even off topic.

Grats threads is what annoys me the most. I genuinely hate those threads, think they are garbage etc. Why oh why does all members of all realms need to know that a player in one of the other realms has spent too much time in front of his computer playing an online game, managing to stay alive enough to reach the swirling realmrank 5? even rr7 isn't worth a grats thread. You just spend too much time dedicated to a game.

And furthermore, why aren't there some sort of filter on this forum, allowing me to ignore posts that contains grats in the topic? Would make my life soo much better. :)

Then again, I might miss the following: grats mids for beeing alarm clock raiders lame ass hoes.

Well, I wouldn't read it anyhow, since it contains (most likely) an alb complaining about he can't get up in the morning, cause he likes to sleep. seeing it's a 247/7 game, I don't mind peeps doing alarmclockraids, it's just lame to do it, but I don't mind. It's not like mids NEED the str relics..

Anyway, enough ranting from me.
To sum it up, I would like a filter to make me able to filter out those threads I don't wanna read or see in the list of new threads.

Thanks in advance, and I know I'm gonna get flamed. sigh.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah you're going to get flamed you prime piece of stupid. Don't you think it's contradictory that you slag off anyone who acheives a high realm rank as someone too dedicated to a game and then you say that alarm clock raids are fine, and Albs are only pissed off because they like to sleep!? If you see DAoC as a 24/7 game then I suggest that you are the one who is too dedicated.

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
To quote you a bit on that one loxley. Even though I know it's kinda stupid to argue against you, since you twist and turn everything just to make yourself feel good.

Am I not right, that the server is open 24/7? as it's beeing an.... online game with servers open at all times?

Am I not right, that albs cried their asses off when some mids took what albs think belongs to them, early one morning? Hence it's a 24/7 game, it is allowed, just generally not approved across the server, it's still legal to do it? Some albs cried about only 20-50 albs where online? Hence my comment about peeps liking to sleep.

Well, loxley. If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't come here, calling me prime time stupid, nor dedicated. I just play the game the way I like it. And FINE if peeps wanna do alarm clock raids, I'm just not with them when they do it.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, I called you a prime piece of stupid. Arguing that alarm clock raids aren't illegal is stupid since DAoC is more or less completely unpoliced. There was however an agreement between all realms that only prime time relic raids would occur. Hibernia and Albion kept to the agreement, but Midgard has broken it to the detriment of all who play on Excalibur. By breaking this agreement they have caused the events that may lead to ping-pong relics, many alarm clock raids and of course, server crashes.

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Rest assured that the persons on the alarm clock raid are not very well spoken of in midgard atm, loxley. And I think it's kinda stupid to actually drag the entire realm of midgard through the mud, saying mids broke the agreement. I knew of the agreement, and I was asked to join in on the raid. Did I go? no...

I don't like ping-pong relics, I like them to stay in midgard, hence I go out and defend. But we are moving a slight bit of topic now.

I would still like to see some filter on these boards that can help my life here on FH a bit easier.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
It would still take a large proportion of Midgard to pull off a successful raid which is why I think I am justified in generalising here. In Hibernia or Albion an alarm clock raid would have never been even planned.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if you didn't like the alarm clock raid why do you give reasons and excuses for it? Or maybe it is: I don't like that much but who cares now we have relics? :touch:

Ziva

Fluffy
I suggest you make your request into the feedback forum since it's more a technical issue to the forum. I'm not sure if it's possible to make such a filter and even if there was, some people say "gratz" or "gratzzzz" or something else then grats in topictitle.

Susanna

Fledgling Freddie
I personally don't see what's wrong with congratulating someone on acheiving something of an ingame 'goal'. It's certainly more heartening to see threads devoted to giving someone kudos for doing something well than flame-treads.

Elorelen Hearthunter

Fledgling Freddie
AngryKid said:
Am I not right, that the server is open 24/7? as it's beeing an.... online game with servers open at all times?

Am I not right, that albs cried their asses off when some mids took what albs think belongs to them, early one morning? Hence it's a 24/7 game, it is allowed, just generally not approved across the server, it's still legal to do it? Some albs cried about only 20-50 albs where online? Hence my comment about peeps liking to sleep.
It aint a 24/7 game.. well it should be but since crahes its 14/7 :D

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
ActuallyThere was however an agreement between all realms that only prime time relic raids would occur. Hibernia and Albion kept to the agreement, but Midgard has broken it to the detriment of all who play on Excalibur. By breaking this agreement they have caused the events that may lead to ping-pong relics, many alarm clock raids and of course, server crashes.
I haven't signed/agreed to any agreement... neither have anyone I know....
and that Mids doin alarm-clock raids.. well Albs did it earlier this fall so albs can't really say anything, can they now... :eek:
Cheese bee-aatch? :p

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
I haven't signed/agreed to any agreement... neither have anyone I know....
and that Mids doin alarm-clock raids.. well Albs did it earlier this fall so albs can't really say anything, can they now... :eek:
Cheese bee-aatch? :p
Firstly, it's autumn, not fucking fall. Secondly the agreement was made after then.

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Ziva said:
I suggest you make your request into the feedback forum since it's more a technical issue to the forum. I'm not sure if it's possible to make such a filter and even if there was, some people say "gratz" or "gratzzzz" or something else then grats in topictitle.
Think I'll do that. thanks for sticking on topic and answering my question, instead of ranting about. :)

AK

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Firstly, it's autumn, not fucking fall. Secondly the agreement was made after then.
1st shows how fuckin silly u are. :twak:
2nd, I never heard of this agreement, and neither have any mid i know. Or is just a select few who knows about it? sum sort of Illuminati thing goin on?
Either way it's a silly agreement and even sillier to beleice that it wouldn't be broken by anyone!
And now you wont get cheese, so go cry in the corner! :p

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
It was an agreement that was discussed at length in Barrysworld RvR at length and the huge majority of people playing the game know about it. To say Mids don't know about it is a lie.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I think it was (or will be) only a matter of time till FW becomes the carbon copy of BW, slowly people are transfering over and eventually when BW closes down for good we'l get a flood of people ready to bring their own stale and crusty brand of whining too the new forums.

Still, as the saying goes - if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. It doesn't take much effort to identify the majority of flame threads. So just stay clear of them.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Actually, I called you a prime piece of stupid. Arguing that alarm clock raids aren't illegal is stupid since DAoC is more or less completely unpoliced. There was however an agreement between all realms that only prime time relic raids would occur. Hibernia and Albion kept to the agreement, but Midgard has broken it to the detriment of all who play on Excalibur. By breaking this agreement they have caused the events that may lead to ping-pong relics, many alarm clock raids and of course, server crashes.
I guess I have played Diplomacy too many times, simply cant understand the absurd focus on some "undocumented" agreement and related breach. For Christs sake get over it man! You are just making a huge fool out of yourself right now.

And playing ping pong with the relics is good for gameplay, if they sit in the same relic keep for more than a few weeks indicate that rvr is turning stale.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
How can you feel that alarm clock raids that succeed by avoiding the enemy can be good for the game?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've gotta say that this "agreement" fixation is a bit demented. It's not like every player uses BW anyway (which was where this agreement sprang up from if i remember rightly).

A little too much tit for tat going on in game at the moment (and for a while now). Its not like anyone can claim to be whiter than white.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
It was an agreement that was discussed at length in Barrysworld RvR at length and the huge majority of people playing the game know about it. To say Mids don't know about it is a lie.
Do you really belive that the majority of of exc players browsed through Barrys Whine? :eek2:
That alone points at your utter ignorance.... :rolleyes:
cheeses.... :m00:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I cant understand why it is such a big deal how relics shift hands - doesnt it all boil down to whether you had fun when you took them? If some mids found it enjoyable to perform an early morning raid then why is this a cause of so much greif? After all its not as if a realm is handicapped without relics - they are just a slight bonus and small incentive to do something as a realm togheter.
I would not for one second think albs lame if they did the same thing, nor did it bother me when they performed their logout/login-raid and took relics that way. Of course i would prefer that relics always changed hands in primetime since i like large scale rvr, but i wont condemn other ways to perform raids if the participants had fun when they executed it.
Just take them back any way you see fit and be glad for the opportunity to actually perform rvr activity with some immediate goal (rather than just rp farming).

As to the Agreement - well as a law student i concur that agreements should generally not be breached, *but* you cant bind someone to an agreement that she never acknowledged (negative-contract binding is not legal). And you certainly cant bind a realm as a whole based on the acknowledgement of some prominent figures in that realm - there are no kings and queens, no heads of state, or indeed any persons at all, among the players of DAoC that have been empowered with such treaty-making competence.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
AngryKid said:
Rest assured that the persons on the alarm clock raid are not very well spoken of in midgard atm,

Strange - I've only seen Pandemic (kudos) publicly denounce the alarm clock raiders - all the other mids posts I've seen have either been "24 hour game n00bs!", or "well you rolled a necro once" (I'm paraphrasing on the second one ;))

Anyone opposing that raid is strangely silent.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Anyone opposing that raid is strangely silent.

I've made no secret that i disaproved of the raid, i just don't see the point on standing on my soap box and screaming for the whole world to hear. Not gonna change nothing at the end of the day really. :)

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
It is kinda funny to see how this thread started out as a bit of a ranting about not beeing able to filter posts, to become a whinethread about alarmclockraids.:(

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Loxleyhood said:
even more endless Alb whining, and some flaming as well

Amazing, just amazing. Albs have now officially broken the All-Time Whine record with the way they have thrown all their toys out of their pram about the way Mids successfully took the relics off them. I have never seen so much spoilt-brat behaviour from so many players of a game.

Especially since they demonstrated their mastery of the login raid (easily as lame as anything you accuse Mids of) with the way they took them off us. Hypocritical much, Loxley...? Stop whining and whining and whining and whining and WHINING about it. The more you behave like a baby whose dummy just got taken away, the more it cements people's opinion of Alb as the FOTM realm populated by crying little zerging babies who just cannot bear to lose under ANY circumstances. Don't like that assessment of Excal Albion...? Don't bloody behave like it then.

And FYI I personally don't like the alarm-clock tactic either. But then I didn't shove my nose into every thread in the known universe to whine and whine about it when your lot login raided us last time, either.

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall has a point. Alarmclockraids = logout raids = lame as hell.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
maybe its time to draw a line under this business, stop going on about it and get back to enjoying the game?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Shagrat said:
maybe its time to draw a line under this business, stop going on about it and get back to enjoying the game?
I'd love that, but there would prolly be sumone whining about it, 'cus it ain't 1337 enough to have fun.... :m00:
Feck that! I'll have fun fun anyways! :D And I happily hand out cheese to Loxley and the rest of the whining lot! :D
And what Fana said! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom