Freddyshouse becoming a slight lighter version of BW atm.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
AngryKid said:
Is it just me, or are there more around me that would like to see that FH does not become the same, or worse, as BW is atm? In rvr discussion, I would love to see rvr related questions, posts etc.

Odd, can't quote with just the quote. But anyways... I agree on this part wholeheartedly.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
just wait until BW is closed, this will become exactly the same =p

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
I can't see the problem with a early a.m. raid myself. Alls fair in love and war.

:flame: away guys

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
loxley arent you bored of posting teh : "mids alarm clock raiders twats, oh teh holy agreement" etc etc... all over ?

I dont mind, just curious if you are enjoying it or wtf. :)

Minifotm

Fledgling Freddie
I think, and hope that this forum will be the BW-followup. hope it will be just as "bad" (funny) as bw is.

Wonder if glottis has registered ^^

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
why not a gratz thread they have worked to get there and it normally a friend who would like to let the realm know that they are getting better/or playing longer

its better than fecking zergers /fecking savage assist train /omg u are lame/ffs XXX

gratz to me for making this post :sex:

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
Svartmetall said:
Amazing, just amazing. Albs have now officially broken the All-Time Whine record with the way they have thrown all their toys out of their pram about the way Mids successfully took the relics off them. I have never seen so much spoilt-brat behaviour from so many players of a game.

Especially since they demonstrated their mastery of the login raid (easily as lame as anything you accuse Mids of) with the way they took them off us. Hypocritical much, Loxley...? Stop whining and whining and whining and whining and WHINING about it. The more you behave like a baby whose dummy just got taken away, the more it cements people's opinion of Alb as the FOTM realm populated by crying little zerging babies who just cannot bear to lose under ANY circumstances. Don't like that assessment of Excal Albion...? Don't bloody behave like it then.

And FYI I personally don't like the alarm-clock tactic either. But then I didn't shove my nose into every thread in the known universe to whine and whine about it when your lot login raided us last time, either.

ok, how about this view then?

you never successfully took the relics off of the albs, you took them off a bunch of AI controlled NPCs that have less intelligence than my front door's knocker. arnt you proud?

if we cant bear to loose under any circumstances, tell me why the mids decided that they could only manage the relics back at a time when they were most likely NOT to loose? i notice that the usual savage gank squads have been in full circulation since those relics went back to you guys... funny that, cos middies in general were pretty thin on the ground before......
you were saying something about someone not being able to bear loosing?

in short, i dont care what your opinions are of morning raids or whatever, the point is for albion, the possesion of the relics was a symbol of something that everyone bitched about was not possible. the current symbol of the relics for midgard however, is just plain greed. theres no use arguing any different, its just plain and simple truth and you know it.

personally, i couldnt give a rats arse about the relics, i just cant stand the fact that i have to play against people that have such low respect for both other peoples enjoyment, and thier own self esteem.

if anyone cares to proove me wrong on any of these points, feel free to do so and i shall stand down graciously.

Hellsmk2

Fledgling Freddie
I did read Barryswhine every day, heck posted there for over three years, and not once did I come across the thread with this agreement that apparently everyone who has ever played DAoC agreed to. Not once did I ever here about it until it was brought up after the raid.

Coincidently, I also think Grats threads are the most retarded thing ever.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
I thought people had caught some whinebug or somesort...

then I realised I was in the wrong albion server forum...

silly me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
rvr discussion wouldnt exist witout fao, zerg whine, cheat accusations or gratz threads, get over it.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
And playing ping pong with the relics is good for gameplay, if they sit in the same relic keep for more than a few weeks indicate that rvr is turning stale.

Would be true if they were primetime relic raids. However, when alarmclock raid wars start the majority of people don't get to go on relic raids at all, because no one plans primetime raids when you know that there's going to be an alarmclock raid to take it back the next morning - why make the effort?
Ultimately, alarmclock raids make RvR more stale, not less. People don't defend keeps as much, because they know that there won't be any relic raid even if they don't defend - and if there is a relic raid, the relics will be back the next morning anyway, so why bother? That means you just get more of the same emain-style rubbish RvR.

The fact is that a certain proportion of Mids - not all, but some - simply couldn't hack it in RvR without that extra 20%, so did a lame raid.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Gorbash said:
in short, i dont care what your opinions are of morning raids or whatever, the point is for albion, the possesion of the relics was a symbol of something that everyone bitched about was not possible. the current symbol of the relics for midgard however, is just plain greed. theres no use arguing any different, its just plain and simple truth and you know it..

:clap:

The fact is that Albion staged a huge relic raid that took a large level of organisation and timing. Mids couldn't do the same, because they don't have the leadership or co-ordination (Ardamel, who CAN organise these things, was on a break at the time). Because they simply couldn't compete in RvR without that extra 20%, a certain proportion of Mids did a raid where they knew they wouldn't actually have to fight. End of story.

Hellsmk2

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
:clap:

The fact is that Albion staged a huge relic raid that took a large level of organisation and timing. Mids couldn't do the same, because they don't have the leadership or co-ordination (Ardamel, who CAN organise these things, was on a break at the time). Because they simply couldn't compete in RvR without that extra 20%, a certain proportion of Mids did a raid where they knew they wouldn't actually have to fight. End of story.

First of all, although Ardamel does organise very good raids, I find it a little puzzling that you use him as an example, as he is more than happy to do "alarm clock" raids, and has done on a number of occassions.

Secondly, don't kid yourself into thinking a login raid is any different. It takes just as much organisation as an alarm clock raid, and is designed in a way to lessen the amount of defenders possible for the relic, so just as much NPC fighting goes on for Albs too during a log in raid. Finally, if you are really intent on arguing black is white, you could say it was more "lame" for the realm with the biggest population to do log in raids than a realm doing them in the morning.

But... I'm hoping the likes of yourself may actually realise, that it's a 24 hour game with people who can only play at certain times (ban relic raids for people on night shifts or unsociable hours? Feck off!), all realms use debatable tactics so deal with it, for every mid that has done such a raid, there's an alb that has done the same thing, and finally that you pretty much sound like a complete and utter retard when you try and paint every member of a differing realm with the same brush.

Sheogorath

Fledgling Freddie
Hellsmk2 said:
But... I'm hoping the likes of yourself may actually realise, that it's a 24 hour game with people who can only play at certain times (ban relic raids for people on night shifts or unsociable hours? Feck off.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
The mid relic raid was actually performed by a rvr alliance of night shifters :p

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
It just hit me that this thread kinda proves that FH is in fact becoming BW more and more with each passing day.... :wij:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Laryssa said:
your name serves u well - AngryKid :D

I don't think so... He's far from a kid, and he's not very often angry neither.

One of my best in-game norwegian friend :)

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
As has been quoted, all is fair in love and war. Login raids, alarmclock raids, whatever are fine by me.... but...... if the servers could handle primetime relic raids then RvR would be far less stale. All realms would have the fun of defending and attacking when there are enough numbers to make it real chaotic fun like a real war (the chaotic bit, not the fun bit!)

In my humble opinion the relics should change realms weekly to make us all get off our lazy arses and attack or defend when necessary.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
And there are tactics involved in a 800+ man charge into another realm.
*cough*bullshit*cough*

The only possible tactic there could be is telling these 200 people to go to this keep and that 200 to go to that keep.

A little overexadurated but not far off.

If alb really wanted to show us up thye would bring 200 people max to take the mid relic, without a login/ninja/mornin raid.

I personally dont have a problem with it, i dont rely on +20% to play my zerk, i didnt care who had the relics. You just adjust your tactics to your situation.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Dont know if anyone has pointed this out as i cant be bothered to trawl throught the post but if you did filter out grats then it would filter out your own post.....hmmmm.....
Grats!

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Dont know if anyone has pointed this out as i cant be bothered to trawl throught the post but if you did filter out grats then it would filter out your own post.....hmmmm.....
Grats!
How would it filter out my own post?
please explain, cause I can't seem to figure it out myself.

Two choices:
Filter the title of the text
Filter the content of the text

If it was to filter the title, then it would not filter out my post.
If it was to filter the content in the post, then yes. That was not what I was aiming at.

If you see in the RvR section atm, you only see two, three threads that has actually anything to do with RvR. (excluded grats xxx rrx)

Not saying that it is wrong, just saying that we should have an option for filtering out topics we don't want to see/read. thus we get a more tidy board/forum.

Kindest regards.
AK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom