fraud investigation

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
le dirty English pigs cancel zeir subs!! so we steal zeir money!! haw he haww!! pier! pass me another croissant!

brilliant lol

same thing happend to me about 6-7 months ago when I cancelled my EU subs, touch wood though *touche* I've not had any issues since sorting it out with the bank.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My account failed because my debit card updated, which is so fukin silly, but there you go , no more DAOC, can't be bothered to resubmit.

Finally booted up old WOW account, but I won't leave Darkage as it was my first MMORPG and the whole world is in my head and I will never forget it.

I can remember the far reaches of Hibernai better than I can remember a lot of real places.

Maybe US server, maybe s***d, if they made German servers dual language or just a program to roam by myself in the directory (Is there one?)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
^ i still remember how to get pretty much everywhere in the "homeland", dungeons and all. i remember when i got the top speed song and just explored for about a week. i even remember the old frontiers, and especially murfach caverns and dodens gruva, and how to get to dodens avoiding any patrols and mobs (not that i ever did, we used to attack the patrols on purpose :D ).

thats pretty shitty tho for the OP. i wont use goa for anything else after the shit customer service and support that i received from them during my time playing daoc. if i was going to play WAR (which i'm not) i would go to mythic without a second thought.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Should be another warning for those thinking of using GOA for WAR. Would be hilarious if VISA/Mastercard stopped all payments to them permanently on basis of too many fraud complaints.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
found this on the WAR forums:

Payment problems to GOA (WAR Euro Host) - Warhammer Forums

Payment problems to GOA (WAR Euro Host)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ll give a little bit of background before getting into the substance of the title of this thread.

I with many others use to play on the English cluster of DAOC (Dark Age of Camelot) due to many reason this server has died away without the possibility of a cluster aka like the US servers/clusters.

Any way to the point of this post, it seems that the current GOA (Euro host of WAR) payment system is causing problems with local Banks in the UK,

It appears that so many complaints have been made, some banks are now refusing to let people make payments to GOA, so people are not able to maintain character accts.

In view that GOA are hosting WAR in Europe, is there anyway to ensure that upon release people from the UK can actually subscribe to this game?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/general-discussion18/223639-fraud-investigation.html

It’s just a warning to people intending/hoping to play WAR in Europe (from the UK) on GOA servers.

I’m hoping they will have it fixed by then, but these Banks are refusing to make payments as of now.(I won't mention banks by name, but can supply them if required)

I'm expecting the normal remarks etc saying the English cluster people arn't grateful, expected too much, but when you have had a cluster treated so poorly they way 'we' feel we have you can only assume we were the cluster GOA/Mythic wish they never had.

Sorry for posting into this WAR General Gameplay section, but I felt this isn't off topic for the people going to play on Euro servers.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The peopel reply are weird, they barely even touched the subject, then went off on a timezone tangent.

Adari

Part of the furniture
i do wonder why mr einstein finds he shouldnt mention the name of the banks in question

is it like omgsecret ?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
When i stopped playing i had to remove the autorenew 3 times before it seemed to stop.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I think that it says a lot about GoA that a thread about being unable to pay subscriptions because banks suspect fraud has been active for the best part of a month and nobody from GoA have deemed to comment.

I am afraid that for many FH members, this will probably be the final nail in GoA's DAoC coffin as far as english speaking servers are concerned, and certainly won't inspire the loyal few to continue using there services when Warhammer comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom