fraud investigation

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
i just tried to re-sub to DAoC and my debit card kept failing.
i contacted my bank and was told that they arent allowing any transactions to GOA (or whatever company runs the subs) because of too many fraud allegations against them.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
lol?

People cancel thei subs, so now they are stealing their money?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
lol?

People cancel thei subs, so now they are stealing their money?

It's been an ongoing issue with GOA, they've had quite a few situations where people have cancelled & the money has kept going out. Goes back quite a few years as well, used to be the odd moan about it way back when on Prydwen.net.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye happend to me a long long long time ago... thankfully my bank sorted it out and i got my money back tho. (think it ended up being about £70 that was taken despite subs being cancelled and account closed)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
And little me was thinking that things couldn't get and funnier :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Happened to me twice about 3 years ago, GOA initially called me a liar, then they said I must have left automatic subs ticked, then they blamed the database crash for reactivating auto-subs. In short I never got my money back so as you can imagine I was quite pissed off.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
happened to me after not playing for more or less two years. got it sorted out recently, but the funny thing was i was getting charged by mythic and not goa, and the money coming out was in dollars. ive never even played US servers

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
GOA just get better and better... shitty payment system, shitty company....

:m00:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
And this one is going to run War! :p

Anyone who's still going to play on euro servers is mad tbh.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
haha just got into work at *:24am and this started my day off with a huge laugh, now I'm worried my subs ran out last month I need to check I'm not being robbed by GOA.

:)

Eble

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
le dirty English pigs cancel zeir subs!! so we steal zeir money!! haw he haww!! pier! pass me another croissant!

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
you.......what!?

indeed.
to be honest i lost interest in DAoC 8 months ago when all the AC raid stuff really hit the fan but since then i have found nothing to come close to the fun element of DAoC. i have now made a US account and hope that theres some fun to be had there.
i just wish that the catacombs expansion would download a bit faster....29KB/sec is pathetic :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Post it on the WAR forums if u want to get on their tits.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Someone should really list the fuck ups with links to threads to warn people off GOA for WAR, going to be so many unfortunate people picking it up in EU and not being able to enjoy it properly due to the inept people at GOA. There must be an effective way of spreading the word.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
It's been an ongoing issue with GOA, they've had quite a few situations where people have cancelled & the money has kept going out. Goes back quite a few years as well, used to be the odd moan about it way back when on Prydwen.net.

I can vouch for this, Goa refunded my card for 3 months subs as when i cancelled (even though i could not log in game) they still kept taking the 8£

Mey

Part of the furniture
in the words of Rimmer:

"The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign!"

pikeh

Resident Freddy
not really that funny considering im at uni at the moment so im fucked for money as it is, and found out a couple of months ago that ive been paying £8 a month for two years for a service i dont use.

Elisabeth

Loyal Freddie
Ouch m8. But erm... that means you never check your bankstatements? Not very clever tbh.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ouch m8. But erm... that means you never check your bankstatements? Not very clever tbh.

yes partly my fault
my bank statements get sent to my home in canterbury by default
so i dont really have access to them.
I think the issue here is with mythic or whoever charging me for a game that i dont play, and then when i do comfront them about it they deny its happening. also with my shitty bank not being able to force stop payments from them!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
yes partly my fault
my bank statements get sent to my home in canterbury by default
so i dont really have access to them.
I think the issue here is with mythic or whoever charging me for a game that i dont play, and then when i do comfront them about it they deny its happening. also with my shitty bank not being able to force stop payments from them!

Do the usual thing which makes most banks perk up pretty sharpish. Threaten to leave if they don't do something about it. It's not hard for them to block transactions, they just cant be arsed to do it. Get them to block it, get them to ask mythic what the hell is going on; how did mythic ever even get your bank details if you've not played on their servers before? Even GOA shouldn't be able to see your bank details as it goes through an external secured payment site. And if they've been passed on to Mythic anyway, that's illegal...threaten legal action if they don't reimburse you.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Kin hell, best check my bank statements as well :(

5 accounts ive put to bed, wouldnt be pleased if they were all still getting charged

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Id like to have back the money from all the game copies i bought these years. I cant play multiplayer with the characters i made on prydwen server anylonger. i think its 2 catacombs, 3 toa, one shrouded isles and one original game i bought. if i cant play the game in multiplayer as promised, and cant get my money back, i should be able to do a complaint to the swedish consumers agency or the similar european authoroty. If its a singleplayer game it should say so on the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom