FotM Whine Thread

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
and 'half way original?' this WAS my idea till it got flamed to hell, i spent a good hour writing that, making sure my points where put right and everything, then it got killed by people like 'NoMoreCoal' posting pap that made no sense at all.
Wiro said:
You actually thought thoroughly of the content of the first post in this topic and THIS is what came out? :flame:

:m00:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
new fotms that are stil wet behind the ears are so entertaining to listen to ;)
- my class is balanced damn you so stop sobbing.! I rOx.! it's all skill -

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Wiro said:

I was refering to the original 'Whining... Why?' thread that had logic in it. this thread still took a while though, but for other reasons. eg. i cant type this late :(

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
...but for other reasons. eg. i cant type this late :(

You already came up with that 'reason' 3 times now, you need to think of something new tbh. :eek:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Wiro said:
You already came up with that 'reason' 3 times now, you need to think of something new tbh. :eek:

ahh but i was refering to the same question all 3 times, I could mention that my virtual pet thing died (cough)last april(cough) but i didnt want to talk about it.

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
ahh but i was refering to the same question all 3 times, I could mention that my virtual pet thing died (cough)last april(cough) but i didnt want to talk about it.

Riiiiiiiight. :twak:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Wiro said:
Riiiiiiiight. :twak:

anyway, getting back to the topic again, Why do you thing there are so many whine threads just lately? this one WASNT mean to turn out like a whine thread, im trying to salvage some kind of meaning here..

jox? anyone ? why the whines all of a sudden?

why the FAO: etc every day? not an insult or baiting or anything, just honestly wondering why there are so many whine threads.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
omg...I got killed by a <fotm class>!!111oneoneoen

NERF THOSE <fotm class>!!!

THEY'RE SO OVERPOWERED!!!

They should have like... half range and half spec points or somthing... its soo unfair that my <non-fotm class> died to a <fotm class>, even if I know nothing about hte game!!11.... nerf... blah... QQ...

and btw albs zerg!!1

....jk.

PS. To anyone who DIDNT get the point : THE QQ IS GETTING OTT. TONE IT DOWN PLEASE.

Guess you don´t have anything to QQ about, when playing a scout -_-

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sanzor said:
Guess you don´t have anything to QQ about, when playing a scout -_-

I heard that one before actually, in the other thread.

I do have somthing to whine about actually, quite alot. Such as being the least-capable archer in melee and yet getting flamed for having extra 200 units range.

but the point is im not whining. yet SB's and others are moaning about alb, about sorcs, about souts, about mincers whne they get a second between the other whines, and I wondered why all of a sudden they're getting like it.

Sorcs have been a VERY capable class since before NF, BD's have been overpowered since before i can remember and yet scouts get flamed for being 'FotM' the second they become it, even when they dont change but the game does.

any ideas on why?

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
I heard that one before actually, in the other thread.

I do have somthing to whine about actually, quite alot. Such as being the least-capable archer in melee and yet getting flamed for having extra 200 units range.

but the point is im not whining. yet SB's and others are moaning about alb, about sorcs, about souts, about mincers whne they get a second between the other whines, and I wondered why all of a sudden they're getting like it.

Sorcs have been a VERY capable class since before NF, BD's have been overpowered since before i can remember and yet scouts get flamed for being 'FotM' the second they become it, even when they dont change but the game does.

any ideas on why?

Dunno about you, but imo the population on scouts has grown big time due to NF.
Those 200 extra range is just nearly 3* more when standing on high ground? Have you played a sb? If not, you prolly have seen the damage they do atm. Its not that great compared to alb stealthers.

Bds are tough to kill yes, another drunken class made by Mythic. Yet one stun, ae damage or mezz is enough to screw the char up.

Shitloads of stupid things made by Mythic, thats the reason people whine about em. I just don´t get why nóone from Mythic listen, and start making this game better instead of doing more exspansions -_-

One can pray for better days in daoc...if you wanna stick to it.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sanzor said:
Dunno about you, but imo the population on scouts has grown big time due to NF.
Those 200 extra range is just nearly 3* more when standing on high ground? Have you played a sb? If not, you prolly have seen the damage they do atm. Its not that great compared to alb stealthers.

Bds are tough to kill yes, another drunken class made by Mythic. Yet one stun, ae damage or mezz is enough to screw the char up.

Shitloads of stupid things made by Mythic, thats the reason people whine about em. I just don´t get why nóone from Mythic listen, and start making this game better instead of doing more exspansions -_-

One can pray for better days in daoc...if you wanna stick to it.

I'll be sticking to it for a while yet.

however the game isnt entirely about tower fights, if it was people would whine 24/7 about shrooms.... oh wait :D

but i see your point about BD's. but scouts are snipers, they are built to be hard to win in even stealther vs stealther fights, perhaps the same is true of SB's, they just arent built for assassin vs assassin?

whatever the case these problems are old, they've been around a while now, its just strange for people to start the whine again after so long.

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
Dukat said:
<sobs> :(

Its a fact tho, there are more whine threads atm than since i can remember, and no one will tell me why :(

With a game that is so horribly unbalanced atm I'm sure you would expect whines plus the fact its human nature, I can't imagine what some players are going to be like when they get their pensions.

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
Dukat said:
but scouts are snipers, they are built to be hard to win in even stealther vs stealther fights

I always thought of scouts as being someone who would 'scout' and be the eyes and ears not the master of range and melee and completely own any class that has stealth

Olgaline

FH is my second home
tbh i dont mind the range it's the range + amount of dmg,
they could fix it by reducing dmg with range..would seem logical,
Fz, stealth ect never really bothered me when it comes to scouts, nor thier melee dmg, for me personaly, it's always been a question of risk vs dmg output, an example of this would be pre bg pbaoe'ers ..high risk = high dmg
the opposit would be say a warrior or paladin low risk = low dmg...how ever an archer standing on a wall with stealth, high range and high dmg, this equals low risk & high dmg output, but thats just mythic for you i guess, i think the only class they ever got close to right is the thane, and that took 3 years.. ;)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
omg...I got killed by a HUNTER!!111oneoneoen

NERF THOSE HUNTERS!!!

THEY'RE SO OVERPOWERED!!!

They should have like... half range and half spec points or somthing... its soo unfair that my SCOUT died to a HUNTER, even if I know nothing about hte game!!11.... nerf... blah... QQ...

and btw everyone zerg!!1

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Not seriusly, scouts should not have shield! :D Ever seen a robbin hood film where he junks out hes shield to survive? :D Didnt think so! It´s like a caster being imune to magic dmg... (like shield specced rangers are against arrows) .. *puke* Its just wrong

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Aye there is a lot of whining but thats because a lot of people have more time on their hands due to vacation work/schools being closed. Since they have nothing better to do they flock here to whine/moan/bitch about practically every aspect of the game.
I've had my ass handed to me by lots of different enemies.. sure i get pissed off and sling insults at them (well actually my monitor bears the brunt of them) then i /release and go out again in an attempt to get revenge. Sometimes i do; sometimes i dont... its part of the game.

And soon all scouts should be running about wearing tights eh? :eek6:

As for chopsticks... thats all a BD needs to be fotm

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Not seriusly, scouts should not have shield! :D Ever seen a robbin hood film where he junks out hes shield to survive? :D Didnt think so! It´s like a caster being imune to magic dmg... (like shield specced rangers are against arrows) .. *puke* Its just wrong

Ever seen a Robin Hood film in which he dies? Didn't think so! Yet scouts die all the time :(
Regards, Glottis

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Dukat said:
I'll be sticking to it for a while yet.

however the game isnt entirely about tower fights, if it was people would whine 24/7 about shrooms.... oh wait :D

but i see your point about BD's. but scouts are snipers, they arent built to be hard to win in even stealther vs stealther fights, perhaps the same is true of SB's, they just arent built for assassin vs assassin?

whatever the case these problems are old, they've been around a while now, its just strange for people to start the whine again after so long.

Sorry I was half asleep when i wrote this, meant scouts ARENT built to win stealther vs stealther fights, the idea being they're great at archery but not much else.

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
Sorry I was half asleep when i wrote this, meant scouts ARENT built to win stealther vs stealther fights, the idea being they're great at archery but not much else.

Shhh don't let Saifang hear you :p

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:

But they have all the tools to win tho...

Good player + Scout class + ToA + High RR + Cleric buffs = Shouldn't be any reason to lose no matter what spec.

Just look up some Kinad posts, he seems to know what a scout is capable of, more then most, but abit biased on my play grr.

Just wish I had the good player part then I'd maybe do better then just rely on overpowerness :<

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
anyway, getting back to the topic again, Why do you thing there are so many whine threads just lately? this one WASNT mean to turn out like a whine thread, im trying to salvage some kind of meaning here..

Easy, the game isnt balanced.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Jaem- said:
But they have all the tools to win tho...

Good player + Scout class + ToA + High RR + Cleric buffs = Shouldn't be any reason to lose no matter what spec.

Just look up some Kinad posts, he seems to know what a scout is capable of, more then most, but abit biased on my play grr.

Just wish I had the good player part then I'd maybe do better then just rely on overpowerness :<

Aye Kinad's awesome, gave me a few tips a while ago. However in an evenly matched 1 on 1, with both starting from stealth, i still think that scouts are at a slight dis-advantage with the melee damage dealing. At range its no problem. its no 'reason' to lose as such, but against rangers the DW in melee is a pain, and against hunters the (relativley)high damage dealing spear + petdot makes them difficult if they know what they're doing.

I'm not saying we do lose, should lose or that I consider the class gimped, im just saying that scouts have a fair bit to whine about if they so choosed, where as some classes (BD's for example) are stupidly overpowered by comparison and dont seem to get half the whines.

I love my scout, I love the class and I'm not saying i want the class changed, im just saying that scouts arent overpowered when you look at half the other classes in DAoC, and so why is it we're getting the most whines lately?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
take away relics and scouts are 'ok' , zephyr is still extremely overpowered but that isn't really class related

fix those two and im happy

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
Aye Kinad's awesome, gave me a few tips a while ago. However in an evenly matched 1 on 1, with both starting from stealth, i still think that scouts are at a slight dis-advantage with the melee damage dealing. At range its no problem. its no 'reason' to lose as such, but against rangers the DW in melee is a pain, and against hunters the (relativley)high damage dealing spear + petdot makes them difficult if they know what they're doing.

I'm not saying we do lose, should lose or that I consider the class gimped, im just saying that scouts have a fair bit to whine about if they so choosed, where as some classes (BD's for example) are stupidly overpowered by comparison and dont seem to get half the whines.

I love my scout, I love the class and I'm not saying i want the class changed, im just saying that scouts arent overpowered when you look at half the other classes in DAoC, and so why is it we're getting the most whines lately?

Ask Stonypony what he hits for when no debuff present.

Example of how overpowered the effect of relics on scout melee is, being able to kill sb, then raping a hunter add, only reason for losing was unable to kill was due to another sb and ranger adding and battler charge wasn't used to give more add protection.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Vodkafairy said:
take away relics and scouts are 'ok' , zephyr is still extremely overpowered but that isn't really class related

fix those two and im happy

hehe good to hear someone from the other realms using logic ;)

I can agree that zephyr might be overpowered, I havent got it myself so I get a rather limited and biast point of view but it is kinda rough to have it on a 2 minute timer (in my opinion).

Its just that I've seen some real nice archery in RvR by hibs and mids in the past, Gear knows I have respec for certian archers in the game :) and recently Reggie has started to impress me too.

I know it may seem like a large advantage but the 200 extra range is not all its cracked up to be (again, in my opinion).

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Jaem- said:
Ask Stonypony what he hits for when no debuff present.

I can imagine, I'm a 50 slash scout too :D

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
I can imagine, I'm a 50 slash scout too :D

then the only difference would be suit, +1skill and .3dps, and you say scout lacks in melee department? :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Jaem- said:
then the only difference would be suit, +1skill and .3dps, and you say scout lacks in melee department? :p

its not so bad with the 50 slash, as i depend less on blocks and more on damage I find it easier to deal with DW classes, but there is still the fact that rangers and hunters are slightly more melee oriented classes than scouts.

Ranger:
DW
Self buffs
EDIT:SpeedBurst

Hunter:
Spear
Pet
SelfBuffs
SpeedBurst

Scout:
Shield (halved by dw)
+200units range

Out of the above bonuses scouts are the class that leans towards ranged bonuses rather than melee bonuses. Shield is ok for melee but 1hand damage is always going to be less than 2hand/DW.

again these views are only my opinion

EDIT: just checking a char builder... rangers get speedburst too? didnt know that :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom