Fotm Toa Group-Setup ??

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Regardless of alb setup you can never match healing, anticc, guarding or magic dmg reduction capabilitys of a hib group.
xDD

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
Regardless of alb setup you can never match healing, anticc, guarding or magic dmg reduction capabilitys of a hib group.
xDD
really ?
NF alb caster group will be pretty evil.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
hib best fg > all other fg's atm
bg and grapple are gods gift to hib grps its true but afaik all u mid/high rr hibs were still in ToA-land when nolby fotm noob grp ;) was rampaging thru emain with all thier artis and SC done.

instamezz + casted aoe stun + pbaoe isnt pretty and neither is 3 zephyrs :puke:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
with 20% resist piercing the spec nuke of a high RR light eld should hit for a constant 600+ dmg without crit and without debuff
resist pierce shoulda been capped at 10% like the rest, dunno how mythic missed it... needs 'fixing'

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
bard, druid, druid, warden, hero, blademaster, enchanter, mana eldritch
seems to work very well atm although I would also like to try the following some day:

bard, druid, druid, warden, hero, enchanter, mana eldritch, light eldritch
light eld with red aoe dex/qui debuff will completely cripple every mage group and makes life hard for healers; addititionally red nerasight is quite nasty too; also mana eld and light eld could split debuff work: mana eld does str/con and str debuffs and light eld does dex/qui and dex. Moreover the cold damage spec nuke of the light eld will be nasty against albs who usually run without friar (and hence no cold resists): with 20% resist piercing the spec nuke of a high RR light eld should hit for a constant 600+ dmg without crit and without debuff

spec mana nuke hits really hard too with 20% piercing and you got pb to use when tanks are grappled ;p

i was 39 light 37 mana for a while and tbh the d/q debuff doesn't do too much, have never actually seen it win a fight.. nearsight is really good tho

but nearsight and ~100 extra dmg on a spec nuke will not do much at all against mids, pretty much a waste of utility. nearsighting sorcs before they even get in range to cast mezz is pure comedy tho :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
who said you need a box?

nobody, but it's still the most effective way to give your support some protection against tanks who got a massive boost in toa ;x

and zephyr still > bg, not much you can do once a mage is fz'd and instakilled by the assist train

Bitteliten

Fledgling Freddie
mid:
3x healer
1x shammy
2x sm
2x bg tanks
change 1 healer for 1 more shammy in 1.69. Both should be aug spec.

This group should be able to beat any group from any realm if they are ToA tweaked.

After NF i think this alb group is gonna be very hard to beat

2x cleric
1x ice wiz
1x ice theurg
1x sorc with 30% cold debuff
1x reaver (battlemaster)
1x pally (battlemaster)
1x friar (battlemaster)

Omega

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
xDD

Last time I looked Clerics and Druids have a very similar spec healing line.
Anti CC, presume your referring to GP, and sorcs don’t have a resistance spell?
Guarding, You don’t have shield wielding tanks?
Magic dmg reduction capabilities, we need a Warden and Druid for resists I believe you need a Cleric and a Friar?

"regardless of alb setup" so you run without Sorcs, Friar's, Clerics, Tanks?

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Omega said:
Magic dmg reduction capabilities, we need a Warden and Druid for resists I believe you need a Cleric and a Friar?

gp+insta mezz owns any sorc mezz.
albs cant defend power relics so hibs will allways have them wich is 20% more healing and dmg from casters. sorc resistance spell dont help them from being insta killed if they get mezzed. friars are crap in general so cant use them for resists anyway when Warden is uber in toa fotm groups whit pbt/resists/bg...

bult

Loyal Freddie
Omega said:

lol...

yeah because a 10% mezz reduction chant is comparable to GP...

we have shield tanks yes but we have less bodyguarders in a good group

clerics get the good ressistbuffs but pre NF no cleric in thier right mind will specc for red ones like warden have.

We run with 1 sorc 1 theurg 2 cleric 1 paladin 2 merc 1 minstrel usually sometimes we got icewiz instead of minstrel. We do beat your guilds crappy groups in seconds so you aint the right person to educate anyone im sorry. We are talking about beating the good groups in the other realms here ;>

bult

Loyal Freddie
vintervargen said:
tell your sorcs to pick targets and single mezz them then, instead of jamming the ae mez button -.-
Your groups usually let sorcs stand there and singlemezz you all? k.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Post Toa, I think Alb groups are the strongest option.

Take our average group for example:

2 Iceys
2 Clerics
1 sorc (mind/body or hybrid)
1 theurg
1 mincer
1 Pally

Pally has BG and end regen,
Iceys can PB and DD/snare,
Sorc can mezz (the sorc is the STRONGEST mezzer in DAOC) and demezz
theurg can DD, aoe Root and Pet (Theugists are way overpowered)
Mincer can give speed SOS (and is the most Overpowered class in DAOC)
The Clerics, well they can just heal, and mmm res.

Yep, I'd be counting your lucky stars if you are Albion. :D

Given the skillz of NP or DH or Vengeance or , we could truly pwn.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:

2 Iceys
2 Clerics
1 theurg
1 mincer
1 Pally

prolly, but dont forget:

mid grps got about 2-4 Zepyrh (if well used in fg vs fg, its deadly)
mid grps got ae stun
mid grps got 2-3 interrupters and may include a bonedancer which is excellent to interrupt other casters
mid grps got savages

hibs got chanters, manaelds
hibs got high resists all the time + baod aswell
hibs got grp-purge
hibs got loads of pets

ps.: if you were sarcastic somewhere , ignore me then .)

bult

Loyal Freddie
Clipse said:

2 Iceys
2 Clerics
1 theurg
1 mincer
1 Pally

Then lets compare it to hib or mid group:

1 mana eld
1 chanter
1 warden
1 hero
1 BM
1 bard
2 druids

2 PBAE classes that also have a 50% debuff for their ranged nuke and disease, one of them got a pet for interupts and a DPS debuff wich is a insta interupt on 5 sec reuse timer?

3 bodyguard 2 of them got determ. 6 sec PBT and red ressistbuffs. The BM can also go offensive in beginning of fights both interupting and doing damage to enemy casters.

3 People with grapple (most overpowered ability in ToA).

2x GP wich is REALLY good for castergroups.

Instamezz wich imo is really nice for a castergroup.

They also have the possibility to get shademode on all thier classes except the casters wich will have croc form most likely.

Now on to mid:

3 healer
1 shaman
1 savage
1 warrior
2 SM

Also 2 pbae with intercepting pet.

3 possible zephyrs wich is the best way to counter BG.

Good melee and magic damage.

great interupt.

2 determ BGers/grapplers

AE stun

Now try to claim alb have the best setup after ToA because its quite obviously not true.

vintervargen

Banned
bult said:
Your groups usually let sorcs stand there and singlemezz you all? k.

you dont know until you've tried do you.

but by all means, continue with whatever your doing now, if you feel its the best you can do..

bult

Loyal Freddie
vintervargen said:
you dont know until you've tried do you.

but by all means, continue with whatever your doing now, if you feel its the best you can do..

Its ok i already knew you were dumb no harm done.

If i dont AE mezz hib castergroups in start of fight thier casters will start debuff nuking and will for sure kill one or more of us in a few sec. Lets say i manage to single mezz the bard first. A non sleeping druid/chanter should see this and cast root or dps debuff on me to interupt and then we are fooked. The bard can singlepurge aswell btw.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Oh and another thing, with singlemezz i loose my range advantage since its only 1500 range and not 1875 like my AE.

vintervargen

Banned
bult said:
Oh and another thing, with singlemezz i loose my range advantage since its only 1500 range and not 1875 like my AE.

oks, wasnt sure about that.

but anyway.. if you are interrupted 24/7 when in 1500 range.. someone in your group isnt doing what he should be doing..

bult

Loyal Freddie
vintervargen said:
oks, wasnt sure about that.

but anyway.. if you are interrupted 24/7 when in 1500 range.. someone in your group isnt doing what he should be doing..

Who said anything about 24/7 ? It still dont change anything, leaving casters free in start of fight is = suicide. Trying to singletarget mezz a hib FG is suicide and i really dont understand how an experienced daoc player can suggest something as stupid.

Im sure i could get off 1 singletarget mezz on them before they could do anything unless they insta BUT if i mezz bard i get debuff nuked and killed by casters and if i mezz casters i get mezzed by bard ;> So not using AE mezz in initial mezzfight is not a possibility.

Farek

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
you are funneh :]

vintervargen

Banned
bult said:
leaving casters free in start of fight is = suicide.

so the only way to stop casters is to mezz them? hmm k.

the idea, vs hibs, is to mezz support at engage, and interrupt (not mez!) casters, while you gank free tanks/casters. you keep an eye on the support if any of them should purge. if druids use GP, you can either keep the casters interrupted, or remez them. that way they will have to waste single purge, and wont have it for slams/stuns during moc.

bult

Loyal Freddie
vintervargen said:
so the only way to stop casters is to mezz them? hmm k.

the idea, vs hibs, is to mezz support at engage, and interrupt (not mez!) casters, while you gank free tanks/casters. you keep an eye on the support if any of them should purge. if druids use GP, you can either keep the casters interrupted, or remez them. that way they will have to waste single purge, and wont have it for slams/stuns during moc.

You dont get it do you? you cant singeltarget mezz support just like that IF you manage to do that you are fighting UBER noobs who cant play for shit.

A sorc should always try to stay out of 1500 range to avoid instamezz and DPS debuff as good as u can not fucking run into 1500 range and try to cast singletarget spells on people.

Do you base all your tactics around facing people that only have 1 finger or something?

vintervargen

Banned
what im suggesting is a counter for GP.. if you land your uber ae mez, and it gets GPd anyway, what good have it done? zzz

and yes, i do know what the rules are when you are playing defensive, but a sorc have many tools to use, dex debuffs for example, so shouldnt be that hard to get off a mez on a caster before he can stun you..

you got band of stars/zo'arkat etc on your chars in AD right?

bult

Loyal Freddie
vintervargen said:
what im suggesting is a counter for GP.. if you land your uber ae mez, and it gets GPd anyway, what good have it done? zzz

and yes, i do know what the rules are when you are playing defensive, but a sorc have many tools to use, dex debuffs for example, so shouldnt be that hard to get off a mez on a caster before he can stun you..

you got band of stars/zo'arkat etc on your chars in AD right?
Landing mezz is still better then getting mezzed, it gives your group some time to split up etc. Its not hard to get mezz first on ONE caster but when you need to singlemezz 4 or 5 people before you are safe it gets impossible unless you are fighting AFK ppl.

I advice you to try singletarget mezzing a good FG yourself and see how well it works.

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
you said in group?
I would rather have a bard in group then a minstrel,I cant really say that minstrel is more powerful then a savage is in group. Can you say what minstrels get that is so overpowered in a group situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom