Forum upgrade issues here please

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Its when you view an individual post it does the users post count, just tested it for a few posts and thats what it seems to be

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Deebs said:
Need to know the style etc.....

It's BW green of course :)
The icons to the left of each forum.....

Freddy.jpg

Sar

Part of the furniture
I actually LIKE the big names.

I'm getting to be an old codger now I've hit 30 :/

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What Yuckfou posted above. Only the blue style makes it easy to see which threads/ forums have new posts. The old icons worked much better with the green style.

And Sheepcow or Jingle, is there no chance of getting rid of the frame around the forums?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
On a more positive note, got to love the new way of showing spoilers :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Wha? The green style uses the same icons as the default blue one -- they both make it really obvious what forums have new threads.

And by frame, do you mean the slightly darker green box?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I get loads of missing images (notable the FH logo) on The Gallery page (FWIW, I preferred "Galleries" to "The Gallery", btw :)).

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
That's because the gallery is in a directory and the themes all use relative paths. Deebs can fix that by sticking a / in front of all the paths on the "Style Vars" page of the admincp for the theme.

Or the gallery people could make their addon better :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah by frame i mean the lighter green that surrounds the forums, or different colour depending on what scheme you use. Even the forums are down error message seems to be within this frame...

I know the icons are the same from the default blue one, they work fine with blue scheme, the BW scheme needs the yellow and black icons we had before, they are a LOT easier to see. I'm all for change, but the current icons with the green scheme do not work well, the old ones looked better.

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
~Yuckfou~ said:
It's BW green of course :)
The icons to the left of each forum.....

Freddy.jpg

I agree far to pastel looking to see the difference. Bold is the way to go. Glad to see someone else noticed it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ch3tan said:
Yeah by frame i mean the lighter green that surrounds the forums, or different colour depending on what scheme you use. Even the forums are down error message seems to be within this frame...

I know the icons are the same from the default blue one, they work fine with blue scheme, the BW scheme needs the yellow and black icons we had before, they are a LOT easier to see. I'm all for change, but the current icons with the green scheme do not work well, the old ones looked better.
Bring back the smiley faces tbfh...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is it just me or does the 'Insert Link' button not bring up a popup prompt for text anymore? It asks for the url and then uses that for the text part as well...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
sms alerts for new posts in subscribed threads?... eek! Now thats a quality upgrade.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ch3tan said:
sms alerts for new posts in subscribed threads?... eek! Now thats a quality upgrade.

The code is 90% there, waiting on SheepCow to find some more time to finish it off. Looks quite sweet. Don't worry that field is non-searchable and private.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
The viewing of individual posts to see the post count has been fixed.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Brynn said:
The viewing of individual posts to see the post count has been fixed.

as has the postcount being visible in PMs. not yet in the gallery though!

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
When I enter FH, the colour theme is green, and I have to manually change to a more eye friendly theme (I prefer the DAoC colour theme myself). In options I've chosen the DAoC theme as my standard theme, but regardless of that, it still opens up in a sickly ugly green and I still have to manually change it myself.
It's not like I'm gonna die from overburdening myself by the task of chosing a colour theme everytime I check FH, it's just annoying that it can't do as it's supposed to do according to my options.

Hope someone can give me a tip as to how to make it work.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
in this thread it shows that Dreami made the last post, yesterday at 11:49pm. However on the forum index it just got bumped to the top, saying Dreami made a new post Today, at 3:16pm. Still can only see Dreami's post of Yesterday though.

Another thing, my style keeps changing every time I open up FH. Sometimes nice and green, and at times Steelblue. It's actually set to Steelblue for me in the options menu but still displaying as Green.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Tareregion said:
in this thread it shows that Dreami made the last post, yesterday at 11:49pm. However on the forum index it just got bumped to the top, saying Dreami made a new post Today, at 3:16pm. Still can only see Dreami's post of Yesterday though.
That's because it's a poll, and people can vote without posting in it (mighty annoying). Still, it seems to be a bug if Dreami is shown to have posted most recently, when it was only someone casting a vote.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Votes bumping poll threads isnt related to the upgrade, it happened with the previous version too.

Silly 'feature'
Tareregion said:
Another thing, my style keeps changing every time I open up FH. Sometimes nice and green, and at times Steelblue. It's actually set to Steelblue for me in the options menu but still displaying as Green.
Same: almost.

Some browsers load it as green, some as blue, profile is set to steelblue. Profile was last changed sometime last week, cache has been cleared, blah blah blah, but FF at home still shows the green version.

Odd

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
the poll 'feature' can be turned off under the Poll and Thread Rating Options in the admincp. I agree it can be quite annoying at times

Chilly

Balls of steel
Deebs said:
The code is 90% there, waiting on SheepCow to find some more time to finish it off. Looks quite sweet. Don't worry that field is non-searchable and private.
So you have a SMS gateway? I thought those costed rather a lot?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
If you post a message, your signature will not show up if the message appears on the same page where you already have posted a message (and that's perfectly correct). However, if you then perform an inline edit of the message you posted (i.e. without going to the "advanced mode"), your signature will be shown again even if it is already visible on the same page in an earlier message. If you go to advanced mode, however, everything is fine.

I'll attempt to reproduce this in this message by inline editing it as soon as I posted. Right.

EDIT: Tada!

Ehh, now that I revisit this thread again, my second signature (in this message) is gone. Sorry. :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Im currently having a teeny weeny problem with the actual graphics above the message box that im using to type this.

I cant click on any of the graphics, like "Bold" "Italic" "Smilie" "Attachment" "Insert URL" etc etc, if i hover over them, it shows the details of what they do, however clicking them does not do anything.

I have tried the forum using Internet Explorer and everything is fine, however, since the latest Forum upgrade i cant use these within Mozilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom