forum text

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I'm trying to get rid of the word 'forum' on my phpbb2, I can't find the file where the link ref text is for where it says 'forum index' so I can change it to say something else, then there's the word 'forum' on the black bar I want to get rid of too; it's driving me nuts trying to find them...

here's my board

Mike

Fledgling Freddie
By the 'Forum Index', I assume you are referring to the navigation links, that show the section you're currently in.

The text is generated using sprintf, inside includes/page_header.php. You will see it uses the string from the language file.

In other words, go to language/lang_english/lang_main.php, and find:
PHP:
$lang['Forum_Index'] = '%s Forum Index';  // eg. sitename Forum Index, %s can be removed if you prefer
%s signifies your site name, so if you want that alone, just remove the ' Forum Index' bit, leaving '%s'.

----------

Regarding the 'Forum' column title, you can't just edit the language file, as the string is used in more than one place. You need to remove the {TAG} in the index_body.tpl file, found in templates/YourTemplate/. It will look something like:
Code:
<th colspan="2" class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_FORUM}&nbsp;</th>
Change that to:
Code:
<th colspan="2" class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;</th>

----------

I think that's what you were after, if not, moan :clap:

Cheers,

Mike

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks that worked, I would never have figured that out in a hundred years! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom