This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forum text

Discussion in 'Techie Discussion' started by Maljonic, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Maljonic

Maljonic Can't get enough of FH

I'm trying to get rid of the word 'forum' on my phpbb2, I can't find the file where the link ref text is for where it says 'forum index' so I can change it to say something else, then there's the word 'forum' on the black bar I want to get rid of too; it's driving me nuts trying to find them...

here's my board

2. Mike

Mike Fledgling Freddie

By the 'Forum Index', I assume you are referring to the navigation links, that show the section you're currently in.

The text is generated using sprintf, inside includes/page_header.php. You will see it uses the string from the language file.

In other words, go to language/lang_english/lang_main.php, and find:
    PHP:
    $lang['Forum_Index'] = '%s Forum Index';  // eg. sitename Forum Index, %s can be removed if you prefer
    %s signifies your site name, so if you want that alone, just remove the ' Forum Index' bit, leaving '%s'.

----------

Regarding the 'Forum' column title, you can't just edit the language file, as the string is used in more than one place. You need to remove the {TAG} in the index_body.tpl file, found in templates/YourTemplate/. It will look something like:
    Code:
    <th colspan="2" class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_FORUM}&nbsp;</th>
    Change that to:
    Code:
    <th colspan="2" class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;</th>
    ----------

I think that's what you were after, if not, moan :clap:

Cheers,

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maljonic

Maljonic Can't get enough of FH

Thanks that worked, I would never have figured that out in a hundred years! :)