Forum names

Helme

Resident Freddy
After all the cool names were taken when I started play DAoC I figured I'd modify some random LOTR name and change the sex, thus adding an e to Helm Hammerhand, the hero of Rohan and builder of Helm's Deep.

Now in later years I've stuck an A at the end for some reason, no idea why - think it started as an alt name but meh.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Rambo's call sign, though Raven was obviously taken on DAOC so tried it with a few endings, ended up with "Ravenbourne" though i want to change it now :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
My name is Bill. Oh and Samaroon, made that up this one time >:eek:

Everz

FH is my second home
first toon was lurikeen chanter, name was eversmall cos its small and just had my name as that as everyone called me everz, other then that always used my irl nickname Samoth or Sammy.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
My first Daoc toon,

Olga for a troll, Line for that "nordic touch"

= Olgaline

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I had cornflakes for breakfast one morning, when I went to a internet café and had to generate some name for CS.. CorNfloRkz didn't sound so cool, so after a minute or two I came up with CorNokZ, which was also the name of my first char in daoc! Scout ofc :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
after 50 i more or less droped that toon and played on Aneline wich i was more well know as.

if i could i ever change my FH nick I'd change it to Massi

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Lakih is random generated from when i started playing DaoC Beta. I just recently found out that it means easy or light in croatian...

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Used to be some big shot in TFC... and I used to play medic... hence Doc... then Wolfe... I wanted something that sounded like a Wolf but not :p so I added an e.

I was 12 at the time give me a break ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
My original name was Catholicism then Catholicism Wow some one reported me and they made me change it and i was watching TUS at the time.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
my main on Daoc was Ezlai...how that came about was my bf was trying to persuade me to play daoc so i said ok and was making a char and the naming i was a bit stuck and b2 said how about easy tiger and i had an epiphany and did Ezlai (easy lay) lol.

So that was the origin of Ez then i made an alt and anyone who was ever guilded with me back then would know i was generally pissed when i played...usually on tequila so i made Eztequilla the merc (my fave char!) and Eztequila the pally, which were both a bit long for me to have to type in as user ID for a forum so i just did Ezteq (cos that sounds pretty cool...hay i was only like 22 at the time!)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Fuck knows where mine came from, I know it was my wizzie back in DAoC - I just typed it in because it sounded cool.

It's an Indian name which sort of makes sense generally because I love curry!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Hm, the Germans might know "Das schwarze Auge", which is a pen&paper RPG system and Liloe is one of the name suggestions for woodelves. DSA was my first pen&paper RPG ever and I always liked elven chars, so I made Liloe the woodelf, heh =) I was like 13 or so back then and I kept on using the name.

Somehow the name was cursed though, cause everytime I made a char with that name (no matter what game), it turned out not to be the most group friendly thing to roll, which means all my Liloe-chars aren't that great. This is why nowadays I'm mostly using names that end on -iell (Eryniell, Galadhiell, Gilgaladhiell, Authiell, Lumiell...) as -iell means daughter in sindarin (elven tongue, LOTR). Why all female? Well, for some reason the designers put more effort in the models, so I cba to play some ugly char :p So as DAoC kinda marked me a lot for RPG's, I took over the naming policy ^^

Yeye, such a roleplayer, heh =)

I also have a "real" gamer tag, which is G-Copa. Comes from old Starcraft times when my friends and I all used Matrix names. As you might tell, I had Apoc and everybody was using the matrix names anyways, so it was time for a change, which resulted in Apoc backwards + the G- cause all our chars in Diablo II were called Golden-

BAM, huge text :p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Forum name on Prydwen.net (arcsalin) was a hybrid of arch poison and yes it was a shade on hib that was doomed from day one because I had no bb then. This name was taken from a game in the 80's by Mike Singleton named Doomdark's revenge. The database description of the character I liked and thus used it :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
My forum name is from Babylon5 - NOT STAR TRECK FFS OMFG :(

Its from a character I thought was pretty cool - he only had a couple of minutes screen time in the film "in the beginning". I found the character to be interesting somehow - a strong leadership figure, someone of conviction, decisive, who isnt afraid to go against social norms and is willing and able to be impulsive at times, lighthearted but with a certain amount of mystery and intrigue involved somewhere along the line. I guess I kinda use the character as a rough rolemodel at times.

I dont normally use the name "Dukat" anywhere else other than here, I tend to use a couple of names regularly in Counterstrike and other games:

PikeyReaXion is(well.. used to be) my normal first person shooter alias. I took it after watching Snatch - from the line "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and a pikey reaction is quite a fuckin' thing!" I just used a play on words, I used it for a laugh for a while on the original UT and it really seemed to annoy people, I was quite good at UT compared to CSS, and almost everyone I met seemed to take offense to being beaten by a pikey :D

RoaR is an evolution of another name I used in CSS. A clanmate of mine was using a temporary name in a server we played on quite regularly, because he'd sometimes get banned by a couple of the admins who thought he cheated, he used name was "rarr." - when I found out I had a laugh and changed my name to "roar.". Mainly because 'rarr.' hated it with a passion :D but also because I have a thing about lions - I'm a Leo, I've always thought lions were cool for some reason, so 'roar.' was a great name for me.

Eventually though people in the clan got properly pissed off with the name, apparently because it was too similar to 'rarr.' and some of the slower ones got confused between us in clanmatches, so I changed the name slightly so I could still be 'roar', but not confused anyone.

RoaR is a good name I think, its lighthearted, it doesnt associate me with pikeys, it carries connotations that mean something to me on a personal level, and I do generally just like the name now, so its the one I tend to use in the majority of games now - more so than Pikey.

Kalloth is another name I sometimes go under. Its a more or less unique name I made up when I started DAoC. I wanted something that sounded similar to "kill", but also something that could be shortened easily (kall), and something that would sound ok to me, whilst still fitting in with the medieval/arthurian theme of the game.

The character I used the name on ended up becoming my main char, and it really grew on me. Another thing I like about the name is that it is very very rare on the internet, I know of two or three other Kalloths, which I found only after searching for quite a while - one's in WoW but isnt really well known, and another is in some old WW2 submarine game that doesnt seem to run anymore, so I feel like the name is mine :)

I tend to swap between these names frequently, I quite like all of them, althought Dukat isnt one I used very often at all anymore because it makes people think I'm a treckie!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
(the) Huntingtons is a punk band - and Huntingtons (Chora) is a very nasty disease. thats why bitches

Marc

FH is my second home
Bugzy, arent you going to tell people where your name came from or should I? ;)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Mine was due to Lobo comics. In one of the series, it had a sort of advertisemrnt for a friendly cuddly themonuclear munitions called "Binky the bomb". I laughed as I thought it was quite clever. A munition that was so cute that the enemy just couldn't run away from it or shoot it down (like kicking a puppy.

Ended up using the name for forums, and just 'Binky' in some games like UO eventually. However, there IS a gamer clan who all use the name binky in some way, and I stopped using it in game after I got a shit load of abuse off various members for 'using their signature trade mark'. Strange people.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Mine is my DAoC name! Which I came to have under pretty weird circumstances.

First off, my very first email I made myself, I wanted to be "iceman@webpage.location" but Iceman was taken, damnit, so I just went about asking myself "ice what, ice what... hmm, a man would be who, so, yeah, icewho" and my first e-mail was "icewho@webpage.location", yeah!

Fast forward, playing DAoC. First character is Icewho, all new character are named ice*something* and I decide to make a Runemaster, so add Forge, as in forging runes. Before hitting lvl 5, I saw 2 Spiritmasters's go crazy in Nisse's lair with PBAOE and decided to go SM instead as that looked fun.
Was my first to hit 50... became my main without a doubt (has like 1½ years online time, crazy shit)
Then this forum came instead of Barrysworld (or what the beep it was called) and seemed natural to pick the name for the forum that I was known as in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom