This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Layout

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Will, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Will

Will /bin/su Staff member Moderator

I think the numerous hardware forums could do with being combined into just one for now...I was never really a big fan of the subforum thing anyway. Ditto all the sub-General forums.

If there is demand for a sub-forum, I have no problem with them being added adhoc, in fact, I think having them added in an organic, flowing style, would lead to a much more user-focused set of forums.

Can you tell I'm at work at the moment? ;)

2. Embattle

Embattle Part of the furniture

I prefer the way they are, although I would agree that at first they will seem empty :)

3. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home FH Subscriber

Could we have the Users Browsing the Forum at the top of the page instead of the bottom?

4. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Template change required for that. Hmm I need a forum projects manager to collate all this and give me a hand.....

5. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coalâ„¢ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

*extends offer*

can't be any harder than when I did shit on the GD ones..... then again knowing Jelsoft

6. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Sorted Rob my beaut (sounds gh3y, oh Chet you there? :p)

Will speak to you when I grab a few mins later tonight.

7. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coalâ„¢ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Already noticed a bit of a prob with the User CP's collapsable sections :(

8. Maljonic

Maljonic Can't get enough of FH

can we have e-mails sent to us when someone else replies to a thread you are writing on so you don't have to remember all the places you are spammi.. skillfully putting forward your opinion? :cheers:

edit: I do of course realise we can do this ourselves for each thread by choosing the option below, but it would be so much easier for some of the lazier types we may get around here if it was automatic.

9. Shadow_Xj5

Shadow_Xj5 Fledgling Freddie

To make it automatic change your preferences in your user control panel :) you can have it auto subcirbe and notify you instantly/daily/weekly

10. mank!

mank! Part of the furniture

Wasn't the main reason for subforums in General because people got sick of me posting Sport related topics? :p OK, that's one subforum accounted for...

11. Maljonic

Maljonic Can't get enough of FH

Cheers all done, knackered now, need a rest :)

12. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!! FH Subscriber

oi! leave it old man.