Forum Deity at last!!

M

Moön

definately, makes it very hard for new people to fit in if they plan to speak thier mind and be themselfs .

O

old.Mr Crapini

OMG he is clearly having an independant thought, :flame:

W

Will

It's not just this forum, in fact, the General forum is far more guilty than here. Still, will you all cut it out. This place always goes through phases of everyone bitching about the amount of meaningless crap, but this time, it's started to turn into personal attacks, and once one person has a go, it's open season.

It's like a bunch of playground bullies all picking on one kid, and it's not big, or clever.

T

Trem

Originally posted by ItchyTrigaFinga
It's not just this forum, in fact, the General forum is far more guilty than here. Still, will you all cut it out. This place always goes through phases of everyone bitching about the amount of meaningless crap, but this time, it's started to turn into personal attacks, and once one person has a go, it's open season.

It's like a bunch of playground bullies all picking on one kid, and it's not big, or clever.
/me sides with itchy

T

throdgrain

I also agree with Itchy. Though to be fair, getting to be a forum Deity in 3 months or something purely by posting meaningless crap is , by definition, meaningless. People wont think "oh hes been around a long time, bet he knows a bit", which seems to be some peoples aim, they just think " hes a bit too keen " :)
That isnt btw a dig particularly at Super_grey, more just at the situation in general. Also, if you get to be a deity in 3 months but post good /funny/useful stuff then theres np there either.
Basically I guess its just about the indevidual.

M

Moön

Yeh I think thats fair enough but for people to come in from other forums just to slag him off (shit cunt etc) and they dont even play any part what so ever in the BW HL comunity, this shows its more than just an individual and obviously more people are jumping on the bandwaggon .

What were they doing to find out about it, slagging him off in irc then coming here to vent their anger ?

W

Will

Probably were. Bodhi isn't known for his love of Halflife, and he still turned up.

S

S-Gray

reason is someone posted this in the General Forum for me :p

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by throdgrain
I also agree with Itchy. Though to be fair, getting to be a forum Deity in 3 months or something purely by posting meaningless crap is , by definition, meaningless. People wont think "oh hes been around a long time, bet he knows a bit", which seems to be some peoples aim, they just think " hes a bit too keen " :)
That isnt btw a dig particularly at Super_grey, more just at the situation in general. Also, if you get to be a deity in 3 months but post good /funny/useful stuff then theres np there either.
Basically I guess its just about the indevidual.

I've been here since September, so that would be mmm 6months, but d0llys been here 3months ;) lol

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by Super_Gray

I've been here since September, so that would be mmm 6months, but d0llys been here 3months ;) lol

did u actually laugh out loud when u wrote that? :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Heh, but I have a life Super ;)

*sigh*

Why can't we all just be fluffy :(

Flaming. Well, everyone's allowed their own opinion. It was only s matter of time before the meaningless spam peeps (me and Super were targeted - though it was more on Super :( )... I mean, when that girl turned up in General a month or so back... my word, she got flamed to high heaven for nothing much if I remember.

I don't mind tbh though. Net is the net. I don't get hacked off in CS and I don't get hacked off in here...

Well, maybe I do 'get' off... but never hacked ;)

M

Moön

I've had my turn to just I 0wned them and they had to call upon just about every single chimp in thier irc channel to challenge me, ended up they gave in and added me to their ignore lists :D

Just thinking about it there's a few of the names on here that joined in .

M

Moön

Just to add to this kind of thread I think wireplays system is far better where they dont include stupid post count related titles and they use a better system where you have a small active symbol that fills up when your active.

It avoids spam and dosnt make people feel more special because they have higher posts than the next .

Every one there is treated with more respect, the admins are more hands on and the gimps in the general forum picking on individuals wouldnt last 5 minutes .

I think maybe half the problems with this forum could be traced back to the main users spamming the general forum, each time a new person joins they have to have thier poke at him/her or just completely ruin a forum by filling it with m00 posts, I mean wtf a m00 post if some one actually goes into that forum to post a sensible thread there gonna see that shit and think "why bother"

BW's main problem = to many arrogant twats

S

S-Gray

or me.............................. i think.. lol

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I'm arrogant.

But then I have a big banana.

*cough*

Yes, that's what it is.

M

Moön

Originally posted by Ch3tan
Well post there instead then. Sorted.

Nope not sorted maybe some of you should take note and open your eye's :rolleyes:

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by 1Moon

Nope not sorted maybe some of you should take note and open your eye's :rolleyes:

ok dad, cheers

:sleeping:

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by 1Moon
Just to add to this kind of thread I think wireplays system is far better where they dont include stupid post count related titles and they use a better system where you have a small active symbol that fills up when your active.

It avoids spam and dosnt make people feel more special because they have higher posts than the next .

Every one there is treated with more respect, the admins are more hands on and the gimps in the general forum picking on individuals wouldnt last 5 minutes .

I think maybe half the problems with this forum could be traced back to the main users spamming the general forum, each time a new person joins they have to have thier poke at him/her or just completely ruin a forum by filling it with m00 posts, I mean wtf a m00 post if some one actually goes into that forum to post a sensible thread there gonna see that shit and think "why bother"

BW's main problem = to many arrogant twats
The activeness bar sounds pretty tame, though I've not seen it in action.

In the past, we had visible post counts - this led to huge amounts of spam [I'm not entirely excluded from this] and general unrest, because the forums turned to shit. We got the postcounts hidden, and all was well. There does now seem to be more need for hiding or doing away with all linear signs of seniority.

Most newbies are flamed until they leave. Thats never going to change, and I'm personally thankful, it means I don't have to put up with some overly-sensitive new user because they're all weeded out. I'm pretty stuck in my ways though.

Originally, there was a point to this reply, now I'm not so sure. I'm quasi-agreeing with you, despite my general distate for you. Its a sorry time for me.

S

ShockingAlberto

You're a spamming cunt, and i don't like you :/

Oh god, i'm becoming more like Kez with every colon-slash smilie i use :/

O

old.D0LLySh33p

/me fluffles moon.

Ignore them - I wub yas! :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Don't see why not m8y :(

Just 'cos I didn't join a different CS clan doesn't mean I don't associate with peeps outside of A&I.cs :( :( :(

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I.... I dunno.

I have no idea how I wrote that last post. I think I'm putting too much into *coughs* now.

What I meant was, just 'cos I'm in A&I.cs doesn't mean I ignore peeps who aren't.

I mean, that would be very silly wouldn't it!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom