For whom is may concern - Reason behind the bans

pez

Can't get enough of FH
OK, this is me trying to do my little bit for clearing out the crap. Hopefully this will prevent and influx of why was 'XX banned?' threads

What i am going to post at the moment is how it appears to me, i would greatly appreciate anyone with a differing opinion or with more details to pm me so i can edit as appropriate, this is specifically aimed at the mods.

i'll start with the easiest

Loxelyhood

BW- initial ban, temporary accompanying post count nerf due to mod baiting
- Permenant ban, fallout from postcount nerf, second account creation while temp ban in place

FH - Temporary ban? postcount reset i think, due to spam

Shy

BW- still around afaik

FH - Temp ban due to spam

~ creation of second account was acknowledged that it was there and that I could use it in moderation. Someone decided they didn't like me so repeatedly reported my sensible posts (which in fact, there were only 3 of) until Jupitus had no choice but to ban that one too.

Not a perma ban, see you on Monday - Shy ~

Sissyfoo

BW - personal attack against a forum member

FH - tried to get banned? well it worked, don't know how permanent

Blithering Idiot

BW - got drunk made personal attack against another forum member, instabanned

FH - learnt his lesson, repentant - not banned

Del - not entirely sure on this one

BW - still around?

FH - seemed to be trying to get a ban, worked. permenance?

Dillinja

BW- banned for personal attacks

FH - tried to get banned, worked. permenant?

Nuked

BW- banned for personal attacks

FH - tried to get banned, worked. permenant?

Flesh

BW - still there i think, probably find him around the prydwen boards

FH - temp ban? postcount reset

If i missed anyone out, pm me i'll find reason. if any of this is wrong or you can comfirm anything with a ? pm i'll edit it

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Daws said:
tbh who cares?

you know what, i think you;re right. i just realised this forum died

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
uhmm, wow.

that Del idiot was banned for joining in on sissyfoo's 3 minutes of acting like a 3 year old.

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
Just let it go, sheez.
They behaved like dumb little kids and got banned for a reason, crying "Injustice!!!" just make them look even more childish. It's not very hard to post in a normal "mature" way and listen to the warnings from the mods.
Funny thing is that in this last month there has _only_ been problem with Exc OT and it has seriously turned into a kindergarten. If you're not mature enough to use a forum and abide to the rules on that forum then just dont.
And the whole "Oh I dont like freddyshouse, that's a shit forum run by dumb mods, I'm not gonna post there" is fine, just don't whine about people being banned by mods.

The people were banned for fair reasons, not just let it go and just be happy that Deebs and TedTheDog made this alternative for you, if not then go create your own forum where you can post your mindnumbing spam.

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
It wasnt meant for you per say, I'm just really sick of all these people failing to understand the reason behind the bans and then failing to understand the mods explanation afterwards.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Didnt you get banned before gomb? Wasnt there a huge 'Free Gombur!' campaign :p

As sad as it is, bannings are quite entertaining.

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Didnt you get banned before gomb? Wasnt there a huge 'Free Gombur!' campaign :p

As sad as it is, bannings are quite entertaining.

I was, but there wasnt any "Free Gombur" campaign and I was unbanned and has not been banned since.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
So considering you only registered on the forum one month before me, I lasted longer without a ban than you and thus you are the one more prone to behaving like a dumb little kid! :p

The good news is I might actually play DAoC more though now :D

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
why even ask for a point, this will just turn into a pointless argument

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
I lasted longer without a ban than you and thus you are the one more prone to behaving like a dumb little kid!

I kinda hoped you'd read between the lines and get that from my last post... :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
k9awya said:
why even ask for a point, this will just turn into a pointless argument
Its a well known fact that you can have a damn good aruement without needing any points, so its pointless pointing out the lack of points.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
I lasted longer without a ban than you and thus you are the one more prone to behaving like a dumb little kid!

I kinda hoped you'd read between the lines and get that from my last post... :p
That's faulty logic - you've both been banned once so you are both equally prone to acting like dumb kids by that reckoning.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Gombur Glodson said:
Duly noted.
Bleh nevermind then, you've changed man - it used to be about the funny, but now your just it in for... well I dont know what for.

Brockie

Fledgling Freddie
I actually can't remember seeing Dillinja making any personal attacks to anyone.

His ban on Game.net was completely unjust, as was Sissyfoo's and Nuked's. BI can still talk for himself so I will leave that up to him. It was just mods firing off shots with their itchy ban-fingers again.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Brockie said:
I actually can't remember seeing Dillinja making any personal attacks to anyone.

His ban on Game.net was completely unjust, as was Sissyfoo's and Nuked's. BI can still talk for himself so I will leave that up to him. It was just mods firing off shots with their itchy ban-fingers again.

the thread was deemed too offensive to just lock and was therefore deleted

Brockie

Fledgling Freddie
Bullshit. I was there watching the whole thing. Anyone who found what they were posting offensive needs a brain scan. They said a lot of stupid stuff but none of it warranted a ban.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Brockie said:
Bullshit. I was there watching the whole thing. Anyone who found what they were posting offensive needs a brain scan. They said a lot of stupid stuff but none of it warranted a ban.

it was obviously offensive enough to warrant an instaban on a member who had never been so much as warned before

i believe it involved personal attacks against another forum member and whatever the politics related to the whole incident it was a clear breach of the CoC. atleast thats what i have gathered if bigfoot wants to correct me then i'm sure he will.

i don't particuarly want this thread locked though, its meant to be informative but don't push it

Rubric

Part of the furniture
The general DAOC OT forum has little problems. The Prydwen OT forum has little problems. The FH general forum has little problems. Is this place going to be worse off for losing these people? What did BW do before DAOC? Ticked over nicely im told.

Bye bye guys.

IMO i would say remove these OT forums. There is a general forum on FH for general discussion.

Belsameth

Tainted
the OT forums were put there for a reason, but I don't think you were around BW before the OT forums were created and the general forum was flooded by spam from the, now legendary, forumites(tm)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
bels you win this time.

rubric, daoc people like to talk with daoc people, the general people would HATE it if we all flooded into the general, makes sense to keep it this way.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Off-topic area should come with warnings imo, that'd at least mean mods would have a lighter job of it. Only having to look if posts are reported etc for illegal stuff.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
k9awya said:
bels you win this time.

rubric, daoc people like to talk with daoc people, the general people would HATE it if we all flooded into the general, makes sense to keep it this way.

Thats very true. But talking about topics was it was created for surely?

Or are you saying it was created for spam bels?

General seems to run with less hassle than excal ot. Hell the general DAOC ot runs with less hassle than excal ot.

If DAOC people like to chat to DAOC people then they wont invade general :D

TBH chat is best placed on IRC.

Topics for the topic forum.

Crazy thing i think is excal ot has died since 6 people have been banned. That would suggest they were banned justly.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
i had a good reply written out for this but lol

i just cant be bothered, may that last post just be left to rot

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Rubric said:
Crazy thing i think is excal ot has died since 6 people have been banned. That would suggest they were banned justly.
It doesnt mean they were banne djustly, it just means they were the ones who used it the most. No one is denying that the OT community was very enclosed in itself. (Though ofcourse we were banned justly, but then no one was ever disputing that.)

The reason Excal OT and Prydwen OT were created was because the main OT section was having problems, prydwen and Excal posters tended to exclude each other and it all got a bit silly. So they were given their own forums, so that the main OT section could be more useful. So in a sense yes, Excal/Pryd OT were just created to divert spam.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
BlitheringIdiot said:
It doesnt mean they were banne djustly, it just means they were the ones who used it the most. No one is denying that the OT community was very enclosed in itself. (Though ofcourse we were banned justly, but then no one was ever disputing that.)

The reason Excal OT and Prydwen OT were created was because the main OT section was having problems, prydwen and Excal posters tended to exclude each other and it all got a bit silly. So they were given their own forums, so that the main OT section could be more useful. So in a sense yes, Excal/Pryd OT were just created to divert spam.

Well as spam is banned then they should be removed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom