For when big just isn't big enough ...

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

The first shots of Samsung's 19" notebook have just surfaced. The screen is actually detachable since most of these models are designed to be desktop machines which are merely more portable than your average ATX/BTX tower system. The system itself is unknown but features a numeric keypad, like some of today's 17" models.

Dell have been known for a while to be introducing a 19" model but it's likely to be in 2006 and may now feature Centrino 3 which looks really quite impressive (dual core 64-bit processors, improved graphics, motherboard and wi-fi, lower power consumption, reduces screen brightness dynamically according to what's being displayed to save power, intelligently alters the graphics when in 2D mode etc.).

3082101554477412.JPG

Courtesy of Engadget

Kind Regards

Embattle

FH is my second home
Nice, but only really useful as a desktop replacement.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Embattle said:
Nice, but only really useful as a desktop replacement.
Hey Emb

I agree :) I'm fortunate enough to own one of Dell's 17" models and it's big enough to be my desktop replacement but still small enough to cart about everywhere. A 19" model, like you say, would probably tip things slightly the other way. That said, for LAN parties it'd certainly make an impression! :D

Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom