For those who don't read the news

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it's probably more of a "don't really fancy the idea of moving country" :) than a particular dislike of france, though I could be wrong...

Especially for only a short term contract. If it was permanent or a long-term contract (3+ years) then more people would consider I expect.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's pretty standard to offer a short contract to begin with so you can see if the person is suitable/fits in with everyone else. At least for any companies I've worked for :) though it usually turns out to be a 3 month trial period that never gets evaluated anyway ;)

Plus anything academic up here seems to be either 6 months or a year's contract at first with funding re-evaluated at the end of it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I just got the job, they said to me "due to the issues on prydwyn the job will start soon".

So i start in 2010

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Just to clarify somewhat, the job isn't purely to cover for Zenythe's absence. It's to increase the total number of English GMs overall. The initial contract is for 6 months as stated in the offer however, at the end of that period it's possible for it to either be renewed or a permanent contract awarded. Obviously that will very much depend on the situation at the time but it's mostly true that temporary contracts tend to get renewed as it's cheaper and easier to keep someone than to go through recruiting and training every 6 months.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
i wouldnt mind taking that job and see france, too bad my english is only "mediocre" :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Chronictank said:
Im Ez should get it cus of her video alone!
rofl yeah i'd be great :p

"Can i help you sir?"

"well my sommelflange is playing up and the penultimate nullificator has gone down"

"err <omg ive got no idea what he just said... i'll have to think fast and use some subtle deflecting tactics> just bear with me one second..."

*dons hat and does silly dance*

"i do believe your problem should be rectified now, thank you for your custom"

"...."

Himse

FH is my second home
Who on earth would be right for the job on FH!? its full of whiners :p

But, if someone who knows about the social standing in the game.. ;X suppose its ok

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
English Community Manager

Profile :

Good spoken and written English (grammar, spelling, literature). -- check
French a plus. -- check
German a plus. -- check
School level : A-Levels or above. -- check
Good aptitude to teamwork and highly adaptable. -- check
Good communication skills. -- check
General on-line games experience, MMORPGs in particular. -- check
Previous experience in community management (shards, fan sites, association, guild leader…). -- check
Good knowledge of the different means of on-line communication, and common software. -- check
Pen and paper roleplay knowledge a plus. -- check
Programming knowledge would be appreciated. -- check
Previous experience in customer support would be a distinct advantage. -- check

so how much $$$ are we talking about anyway? :)

/ Mumin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom