For those wanting to get away from the sorry excuse that is GOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zede

Part of the furniture
The majority of people that use say, the NHS are perfectly happy. The majority of people that use say, WAR are perfectly happy.

discounting the Beta debarcle ofc.

Dont think FH should be promoting any US version right now tbh.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
The majority of people that use say, the NHS are perfectly happy. The majority of people that use say, WAR are perfectly happy.

discounting the Beta debarcle ofc.

Dont think FH should be promoting any US version right now tbh.

Why not? Many people are sick of GOA, despite giving them a second opportunity after the shambles of a service they provided with DAOC.

Since WAR release GOA has robbed people of their money and shown a complete lack of communication, along with numerous other problems. This bargain deal offers those people such as myself who went to DAOC US to goto the Mythic servers for a better standard or service, as well as being confident we aren't going to get robbed :fluffle:

Edit: FH aren't promoting anything, this is a public forum for Warhammer Online, and thus linking to an offer for Warhammer Online US at a bargain price is perfectly fine. Now if FreddysHouse started advertising the US version in banners then you would have a point, but since they don't..you don't ;)

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
GOA have stepped up the fast couple of weeks, not a single problem here whatsoever.

Regarding the robbing of money, GOA sent out at least two emails to let people know that they need to change their accounts, therefore it isn't their fault people are paying for something they didn't want when people received numerous warnings telling them to make the changes.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
GOA have stepped up the fast couple of weeks, not a single problem here whatsoever.

Regarding the robbing of money, GOA sent out at least two emails to let people know that they need to change their accounts, therefore it isn't their fault people are paying for something they didn't want when people received numerous warnings telling them to make the changes.

The fact they sent out emails warning of this change after the change took place is not an excuse to make such a change. GOA don't have the right to determine when their clients should pay and when they should not.

What if my spam filtering software caught the emails?
What if i don't check that particular email account?
What if i was on holiday for 2 months without access to my email account (Thus not on auto billing?)

It's not completely unreasonable for customers to ask that they have control over whether they subscribe or not. How would you like it if Sky changed your package to include ALL channels, but the letter they sent you regarding this was lost in the post?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fuck GOA. They bend over backwards to screw the honest gamer, why shouldn't the US version be promoted here?

Yeah the game is a bag of wank but it has potential, best thing for anyone thinking of picking it up is to do it via the US servers.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
The fact they sent out emails warning of this change after the change took place is not an excuse to make such a change. GOA don't have the right to determine when their clients should pay and when they should not.

They sent it out twice beforehand, if you don't check your email it isnt there fault, they also posted a news story on the website.

Say that the amount of people set to auto-renew was greater than the people who weren't set to auto-renew.

Makes more sense if they make a change to the system to put all onto renew, and tbh they did their best in attempting to inform customers of the change.

As said, if you don't check their only method of communication to you then you can't really complain as they have attempted to get you to change your account to reflect the changes.

If you want to go to US then go, atm GOA servers are more stable than Mythics, they're not all they're cracked upto be either, and half of the issues you have with GOA are Mythics fault in some respect.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
QQ goa isn't standing ready with a towel for you when you get out of the shower
And they don't stand there with toilet paper when you are done taking a shit and need to wipe...
Big fucking deal.

I think goa is great atm... Playing US daoc servers where mythic were in charge actually made me miss GOA back in europe.

What if i don't check that particular email account?

There is a reason you are asked to register an email account to your game account.... So they can get in touch with you\send you info...

J

Jenk

It is still bad form to assume everyone *wants* repeated payments.

So yes, Fuck GOA. Fuck their 10000000000's of low capped servers at launch, fuck their shit transfer system allowing players to transfer from low to dead servers, fuck their lack of any communication, and finally, fuck them for not clustering all fucking ready.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
It is still bad form to assume everyone *wants* repeated payments.

So yes, Fuck GOA. Fuck their 10000000000's of low capped servers at launch, fuck their shit transfer system allowing players to transfer from low to dead servers, fuck their lack of any communication, and finally, fuck them for not clustering all fucking ready.

Mythic did same thing, had 7 different rounds of transfers, their communication is now better than Mythics and they didn't assume repeated payments were wanted, they looked at their figures of who wanted repeated payments and with that when changing over configuration put everyone onto them as the majority wanted repeated payments.

J

Jenk

Mythic did same thing, had 7 different rounds of transfers, their communication is now better than Mythics and they didn't assume repeated payments were wanted, they looked at their figures of who wanted repeated payments and with that when changing over configuration put everyone onto them as the majority wanted repeated payments.
They should still have said "Hey guys, you can now opt-in for repeated payments"

You do not make any assumptions when it comes to a customer's money. Rule 1 of any business. Period.

Oh, and if EA/Mythic did it as well, then fuck them too. *****.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Why not? Many people are sick of GOA, despite giving them a second opportunity after the shambles of a service they provided with DAOC.

Since WAR release GOA has robbed people of their money and shown a complete lack of communication, along with numerous other problems. This bargain deal offers those people such as myself who went to DAOC US to goto the Mythic servers for a better standard or service, as well as being confident we aren't going to get robbed :fluffle:

Edit: FH aren't promoting anything, this is a public forum for Warhammer Online, and thus linking to an offer for Warhammer Online US at a bargain price is perfectly fine. Now if FreddysHouse started advertising the US version in banners then you would have a point, but since they don't..you don't ;)

The response I expected.

Again using the NHS as a good analogy. We hear in the news all the time of people having problems with the NHS, waiting room screw ups, doctors fuckin up operations, etc..you know what i mean. If the news reported all the people who dont, heck never have problems - it would be a very very long newscast indeed.

Using these boards and others is NOT a good yardstick to judge GOA, not now. The simple fact is the vast majority of people do not have any problems what so ever, you are simply one of the vocal few.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
1 griefer going to the US can only be a good thing for EU servers :clap:

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

Actually - it is GOA's problem, because it is a direct result of GOA not being able to create a working account center before the game goes live - something I've yet to see before in a MMO game.
Had the game run as any other - the account center would have been active, people could have deactivated their payments in due time and GOA wouldn't have had to alter payment settings.
Something I'm not even sure is legal in this country despite what their "EULA" might state - which doesn't overrule national laws in this country at least (and I'd expect most, if not all of Europe).

That ineptitude caused people having to create account prior to them being able to deactivate something as important as auto renewal which means that GOA alters peoples accounts after they have stopped playing. It is incredible that they are allowed to do so by anybody - least of all Mythic. But as shown before Mythic cares little for Europe players it seems.

Generally speaking, the fact that GOA provides us with something months into the game is not a step up when equvialent elements was promised to us at lauch/delivered in the US at launch (or before). It might be a step up from DAoC, but frankly - it couldn't get any worse.
It is just keeping a very low level of expectations and services, so you can't disappoint and the apologists will have amble excuses.
A step up would be to actually do stuff before or on ETAs as promised.

Not one portion of the technical aspects provided by GOA have yet been up to par, despite the lofty and fancy promises provided.
The only reason I tolerate GOA is because my friends play here. It is not with happy joy-joy feelings that I give money to a company so incompetent as this one consistently shows to be. And yes - incompetence is the right word.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie

all sounds very nice, but you cant go that way about it, and also alot of us got the headsup mail AFTER the money was drawn.

And GOA keep saying this and that, and nothing fucking happens.... everytime you hand them a valid question you are either met with a wall oof silence or a lame standard mail....

And after witing them 5 mails, i still dont know if my CC details have been deleted... they prolly havent.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
The response I expected.

you are simply one of the vocal few.

its just not a few having this issue.... FH, WHA, MMORPG.COM & VN all floats with these posts.

And the fact that what they have done is illegal in most EU countries as well... :twak:

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
I havent had a problem yet.

If you have then tough shit, keep it to yourself unless its lulz.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
There is a reason you are asked to register an email account to your game account.... So they can get in touch with you\send you info...

Aside from the fact they send out "your subscription has/will be been terminated" emails so they would not have lost any customers who wished to play.

There's also a reason for safe senders lists
So why did they send out this very important email from a non-GoA account they never used before and havent used since?

Perhaps Nic or Magnus could tell us ;)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck GOA. They bend over backwards to screw the honest gamer, why shouldn't the US version be promoted here?

Yeah the game is a bag of wank but it has potential, best thing for anyone thinking of picking it up is to do it via the US servers.

Oddly i have to agree with Raven.....I need a vacation :(

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
They sent it out twice beforehand, if you don't check your email it isnt there fault, they also posted a news story on the website.

Say that the amount of people set to auto-renew was greater than the people who weren't set to auto-renew.

Makes more sense if they make a change to the system to put all onto renew, and tbh they did their best in attempting to inform customers of the change.

As said, if you don't check their only method of communication to you then you can't really complain as they have attempted to get you to change your account to reflect the changes.

If you want to go to US then go, atm GOA servers are more stable than Mythics, they're not all they're cracked upto be either, and half of the issues you have with GOA are Mythics fault in some respect.

im sorry but they did not send it out twice before hand to all of their customers, my husband and i both only got 1 email each, telling us that they had already changed our account subscription status, and i check our emails every morning and every evening.

We had already chosen to NOT tick the auto sub option, so they had no right to change it back, as said above, if you go into your account and ensure its NOT on auto sub then go away on vacation you do not expect it to be billed.

It like them popping over and nicking ya cheque book and writing themself a cheque im sure you would be piffed at that eh

Eternalist

Regular Freddie
I think there must be a lot of people, me included, who are thinking about US servers not to get away from GOA, but to get on an active server and do some oRVR

Zede

Part of the furniture
I think there must be a lot of people, me included, who are thinking about US servers not to get away from GOA, but to get on an active server and do some oRVR

and your just the sort of nob cheese that was the chateau neuf du pape of whine when the servers were high/high

mooSe_

FH is my second home

you dont have to switch to us servers to get rvr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom