For those that don't read Prywden rvr discussions

G

Gekul

He replies with whine because your always fucking whining :rolleyes:

N

Novamir

this discussion has been done sooooo many times and its boring. and albs whine all the time, that's boring too ;/

J

j000 d000d

Hey, that's nicolas's group, make an alb group like:

1 mind sorcerer
1 minstrel
2 air theurgists
1 cleric
1 paladin
1 friar
1 armsman

albs get:

- 5s PBT
- 2nd best energy/body/spirit resist buffs
- best heat/cold and 2nd best matter resist buffs
- 1875 range mezz 400 radius
- AE root
- Ablative chant
- Uninterruptable End Regen
- Bunker of Faith
- Faith Healing
- Speed of Sound

now the bonuses the hib group has:

- best energy/body/spirit resist buffs
- 2nd best heat/cold, 3rd matter resist buffs
- 3 people with castable stun
- Tougher tanks
- Nearsight
- Brilliant Aura of Deflection
- Group Purge
- Insta Mezz

Seems quite fair, i would want to be the Alb in that fight at least :)

Ice wizards are quite useless as albs dont have as much stun as hibs (ench/eld/ment/champ/hero)

O

old.Wildfire

Sorcs are whinging n00bs.

My 47 sorc lasts just as long as my 50 RR7 wizzy, so kindly STFU and just do ur fricken job.

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Teador
Hey, that's nicolas's group, make an alb group like:

1 mind sorcerer
1 minstrel
2 air theurgists
1 cleric
1 paladin
1 friar
1 armsman

albs get:

- 5s PBT
- 2nd best energy/body/spirit resist buffs
- best heat/cold and 2nd best matter resist buffs
- 1875 range mezz 400 radius
- AE root
- Ablative chant
- Uninterruptable End Regen
- Bunker of Faith
- Faith Healing
- Speed of Sound

now the bonuses the hib group has:

- best energy/body/spirit resist buffs
- 2nd best heat/cold, 3rd matter resist buffs
- 3 people with castable stun
- Tougher tanks
- Nearsight
- Brilliant Aura of Deflection
- Group Purge
- Insta Mezz

Seems quite fair, i would want to be the Alb in that fight at least :)

Ice wizards are quite useless as albs dont have as much stun as hibs (ench/eld/ment/champ/hero)

bolt range mez doesnt come in till 1.60 I think

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by stormriderx

bolt range mez doesnt come in till 1.60 I think

why you think they put it in?

yes, to balance it

S

-Shaz-

Not to mention friar being heat cold matter and cleric the other :p

I still don't see stun used too much in pbae situations except by mids (obvious reason).

Q

Qte Eth

coz albs whine ,only reason

u better tell me why they put 2.5 s cast pb on ice wiz and dont do same with eld ,if its not because albs whine,lol

and this all is sad and boring ,albs can get good fg ,but its easyer to pick random ppl at atk and go out,die ,go whine ,and then get overpowered things like 1850 mes ,2000 range cc immune pets ,mes resist song ,end chant,ablative chant etc

its nohow connected to balance

S

-Shaz-

Prolly cause noone in the realm has 2.5s pbae whereas the other realms have 1 class with it. As for the other bits, dunno, I'm not American.

Q

Qte Eth

ehm so eld being only class with 3 sec pb is ok?
only reason for ice wiz to have 3 sec pb is that he has spec nuke in ice line ,while classes with 2.5 sec pb in other realms dont have spec nukes in pb lines,so they get faster pb coz of that,eld has 3 sec pb coz he has a spec nuke in mana line

and now albs just get both
yeah its balance.

S

-Shaz-

Nuke has same dmg as base nuke but snares (also a debuff). As for Eld having 3s pbae, blame chanters, they have the realms 2.5s pbae. Give eld their pbae, move heat debuff to enchantments spec and chanters can be gimped again!

H

hotrat

u better tell me why they put 2.5 s cast pb on ice wiz and dont do same with eld ,if its not because albs whine,lol
I would have preffered it if they added a 2.5 sec pbae to cabalist spirit line and left ice pbae as it is. If you want pbae in hib u make a chanter, eld isn't as fast cus he gets more utility, ae str con debuff, low lvl but still effective nearsight etc.

As for ice wiz having a nicer nuke, think again, we get 5% debuff nuke, or snare nuke or baseline nuke which all do about the same damage (179). Chanter baseline way of the sun dd also has 179, maybe a touch more variance cus u can only half spec it if u want pbae but wait there is a 50% debuff to that damage type in the mana line, hmm lets see do i want a spec line nuke that does the same as my baseline or a 50% heat debuff?

As for pets being CC immune we never asked for that, we asked for some way to improve them so they didnt spend half their lifetime running at the target who just runs for a few seconds then the pet timer runs out and it dies. Faster run speed would have been far more desirable. As it is immune to cc aint gonna be that overpowered im sure, a theurg rarely gets to cast more than 3 or 4 pets before being nearsighted, mezzed or slammed. A pet is basically a DoT that can miss but interupts every tic, air pet chain stun needs fixing though imo.

Sorc has longer range mezz cus mythic realised qc mezz is not quite as useful as instant mezz, sorc should have more of an advantage than just qc cus of their very weak defense. For further proof look on camlann, how many ppl made sorcies for CC? compared to bards and especially healers.

Ablative chant was put in because theurg earth spec line is terrible, from lvl 35 to 45 u get one new spell other than new pbt and thats a 3% better attack speed debuff. So few theurgs have 6 sec pbt they had to make a weaker version of pbt and put it on a minstrel.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Qte Eth
ehm so eld being only class with 3 sec pb is ok?
only reason for ice wiz to have 3 sec pb is that he has spec nuke in ice line ,while classes with 2.5 sec pb in other realms dont have spec nukes in pb lines,so they get faster pb coz of that,eld has 3 sec pb coz he has a spec nuke in mana line.
Don't go there, dear Qte. All of a sudden you are now saying that Mana Chanters are gimped? Heat debuff in the mana line will easily make up for not having a spec nuke, and go far beyond it! So stop spamming us with your barely-legible whines.

(Does anyone know whether resistance debuffs count double against buffs like normal debuffs do, btw? A 50% heat debuff will then easily remove any buff on an enemy and reduce them to near 0% resist, if not negative.)

R

rure

Originally posted by Qte Eth

coz albs whine ,only reason

and this all is sad and boring ,albs can get good fg ,but its easyer to pick random ppl at atk and go out,die ,go whine ,and then get overpowered things like 1850 mes ,2000 range cc immune pets ,mes resist song ,end chant,ablative chant etc

its nohow connected to balance

umm... you think they give albs luvving because we whine/suck on excal? wouldnt think so. I think they gives us love because we have we lack in power on ALL servers, worldwide.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Belomar
(Does anyone know whether resistance debuffs count double against buffs like normal debuffs do, btw? A 50% heat debuff will then easily remove any buff on an enemy and reduce them to near 0% resist, if not negative.)
They don't, but they do debuff for 1.25x delve so 62.5%. ;)

Alb group does have one other advantage over the hib group in Teador's comparison. 9s insta stun on a 10s timer. Pity it's only 700 range, still it's good for interrupting a moc chanter. ;)

L

lofff

and yeah, its harder to make a balanced alb group than hib one mainly for 2 reasons:

1- Skills spread around more classes.

2- Albs enjoy more making 23424523firewizzies 23432423infils and 23423523423palas then whining/zerging.

In the end and with 1.60, alb balanced group will b better than hib one. Btw Icewizzies do rock now and will b insane by then (the casttime difference AINT that huge specially since u will always run fully buffed but albs have the idea that their pb is weaker sticked(as f it was lower DD delve or something))

O

old.Filip

any know the meaning of this from patch 1.59 ?
- Increased range of Theurgist summons to 2000

this means that theug's can cast pets at range 2000 ??

if so it seems that alb will be the king of ranged wars with the bolt range mezz,scouts and theug's ..

i think that it got potential to be a good balance (feel free to flame)

the instants would still be better in some case's but in other (read open encounters) the alb range would be an ubber hand..

M

moo_work

Originally posted by rure
although the alb group got sos and bof and FH. not saying that I think that hibs arent overpowered. it was just a bit biased.

right so the albs can run away, take 10 hits from a hero instead of 2, and heal the group once.

while you can get rid of all dots, ae dots, mezz, root, snare, debuffs from the group with 1 spell, and make it so that our casters hit you for 10 (-450) with their main nukes.
:D

D

Danya

Theurg pets are 1875 now so 2000 isn't really that uber Filip. :p

O

old.Filip

Theurg pets are 1875 now

ohhh.... well still a bit improvement .. and with the no root/ no mezz the pets should be better then thay are now

P

parzi

alb tank grps rock. get pole / slam arms or mercs for dam output, cut out the cloth classes completetly, put a 2nd cleric in.

with sos and good /assist work of the tanks/friar they can drop 2 enemy casters in the first seconds of the fight (in teams of 2-3 on each caster).

thats how i would build my alb grp :p

B

Belomar

All right, Parzi. Then you and your group spend the 20 seconds after having engaged a Hib group waiting to get killed while being mezzed. Sure, your minstrel (you do allow a minstrel in your uber group, do you?) can unmezz you, but there is only so much unmezzing he can do before the enemy catches up to him, and his demezz does nothing against stun or root.

D

Danya

Notice the with sos there. Hit sos run near the chanter, et voila, no mez. ;)

L

lofff

Originally posted by moo_work

while you can get rid of all dots, ae dots, mezz, root, snare, debuffs from the group with 1 spell

so when u use ur self purge u get invulnerability to all those effects till current fight ends? or is it only grouppurge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom