For those that don't read Prywden rvr discussions

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by parzi
alb tank grps rock. get pole / slam arms or mercs for dam output, cut out the cloth classes completetly, put a 2nd cleric in.

with sos and good /assist work of the tanks/friar they can drop 2 enemy casters in the first seconds of the fight (in teams of 2-3 on each caster).

thats how i would build my alb grp :p

Mercs for damage output?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

;)

Q

Qte Eth

its same on all servers ,albs are overpopulated and since rvr goes in emain on all servers albs do their pick-me-fgs everywhere and whine after that everywhere too,i doubt they care about anything what happen on euro servers being honest
and hmm nice work detective but i speak about usual pbae which does 325~damage
and i gave u fact why ice wiz had it on 3 sec,if he gets it shortened mana eld pb _should_ be shortened too,coz there are NO reasons for eld to have it on 3 after that.

and stop saying bs that 2000 and 1875 aint a big change, no other damage spell can be cast from such range ,and since other realms dont use bolts mainly its a 500 range advantage above any other damage from mages,not saying that bolts got 20 sec timer for that range ,u can have pets on bard before he even start casting hes mes with that 2000 range pets

D

Danya

Originally posted by lofff
so when u use ur self purge u get invulnerability to all those effects till current fight ends? or is it only grouppurge?
You only get mez, stun, snare/root immunity. dots and debuffs trigger no timer with any form of purge. Yes you should get immunity with both GP and single purge. Also it's 1 minute, if the fight lasts longer than 1 minute you can be affected again.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Qte Eth
and hmm nice work detective but i speak about usual pbae which does 325~damage
and i gave u fact why ice wiz had it on 3 sec,if he gets it shortened mana eld pb _should_ be shortened too,coz there are NO reasons for eld to have it on 3 after that.
Please don't come here and try comparing an eldritch with a wizard, the former get AoE disease and a number of AoE debuffs as well as AoE mezz and nearsight as a secondary spec whereas wizards have absolutely no utility other than nuking (well, they have damage add). Balance comparisons should be done on a per-realm level, i.e. looking at all the classes of a realm and asking questions like "what are the properties of the PBAEs of the different realms?" Viewed that way, one can wonder why eldritches even have a PBAE in the first place?

L

lofff

Originally posted by Danyan

You only get mez, stun, snare/root immunity. dots and debuffs trigger no timer with any form of purge. Yes you should get immunity with both GP and single purge. Also it's 1 minute, if the fight lasts longer than 1 minute you can be affected again.

dont b fool

i was been ironic

u dont get any close to inmunity

When u use ur self purge u have 1 of those effects and dispell it. When ur druid uses GP is cos sum peeps in group have sum of those effects and dispells em at this instant

ONLY 1 EFFECT ON x MEMBERS IN UR GROUP AFFECTED.

but its ok, keep on ur stoopidity and whinge "THEY GET INVULNERABILITY TO EVERYTHING WITH THEIR INSTAWIN BUTTON1!!2K211!"

O

optical-

How can albs whine about hib group ra's when they get bof and sos. Mids should be the ones complaining, our group ra's are crap.

L

lofff

Originally posted by Belomar
Please don't come here and try comparing an eldritch with a wizard, the former get AoE disease and a number of AoE debuffs as well as AoE mezz and nearsight as a secondary spec whereas wizards have absolutely no utility other than nuking (well, they have damage add). Balance comparisons should be done on a per-realm level, i.e. looking at all the classes of a realm and asking questions like "what are the properties of the PBAEs of the different realms?" Viewed that way, one can wonder why eldritches even have a PBAE in the first place?

tbh mana eld and ice wizzie are very similar and cool classes. (i will rather play a mana eld than a chanter)

and hib has 2 pbaoers cos its the magical realm :great:

L

lofff

Originally posted by optical-
How can albs whine about hib group ra's when they get bof and sos. Mids should be the ones complaining, our group ra's are crap.

Agreed.

O

old.Filip

our group ra's are crap.
(mids)

agree ... mids RA sux ..

but some of your class's are so strong that if mids got uber RA's the game would not be worth playing ..

Imagine a Zerger with BOF..

or a Zerker with SOS...

Pac healer with GP ??

i would for sure play something else in that case..

O

optical-

Overpowering or not, mid ra's need help to give us more options in battle. There are rumours of mid buffage in 1.61 so we can only hope.

H

hotrat

In theory if someone snared you then rooted you then mezzed you then stunned you all within a few seconds then you used purge or druid used group purge you would have immunity to those forms of CC for 1 minute after they were cast on you.
Im pretty sure you only immune to the effects that were effecting you when purge was used (not including DoT's, debuffs etc).

To cast a pet takes 4 seconds on theurg, and you have to target the bard before he is within 2000 range so you can begin casting as soon as he is in range. Maybe with dex buffs and some luck when trying to select the bard from clip range you could get pets on before 1500 range... nearsight is still 2300 range and its gonna be quite easy to spot a theurg as he will be the one casting a few seconds before everyone else.

R

ricky_latino

hotrat, alot of those coments including yours are mindlessly stupid/ignorant

I would beginn telling you how fucking stupid they are 1 by 1 but havent got time and you would probably spew out some even more less though trough oppion that I dont want to read

D

Danya

Originally posted by ricky_latino

I would beginn telling you how fucking stupid they are 1 by 1 but havent got time and you would probably spew out some even more less though trough oppion that I dont want to read
Thanks for your knowledge and insight, next time just save yourself time and cut your hands off before approaching the computer. It's for the good of everyone.

Originally posted by hotrat
In theory if someone snared you then rooted you then mezzed you then stunned you all within a few seconds then you used purge or druid used group purge you would have immunity to those forms of CC for 1 minute after they were cast on you.
Im pretty sure you only immune to the effects that were effecting you when purge was used (not including DoT's, debuffs etc).
Yes, that's what I meant although my post is a bit unclear. You get immunity to any effects that the purge or group purge removes from you, that are CC effects. Also snare and root are the same immunity timer (movement decrease). So if you group is AE mezzed then you GP, your group is then mez immune for one minute, unless you resist the mez, in which case you aren't. I didn't mean to imply GP = immunity to all godmode or anything like that. Bear in mind lofff, I do play hib, I'm well aware of how GP works (i.e. it's not a guaranteed win by any means, it just helps at times).

R

ricky_latino

ok danyan tell me if even half of what was originaly posted was true?...

ok then moron..

Q

Qte Eth

mid buffage ?rofl
giv other realms ae stun then buff mids as u wish
2belomar eldritch is supposed to be uber mage,best mage on best mage realm ,while hes gimped for all the time,and yeah that 20 level light spec spells are uber,especially uber resist rates they give,and that overpowered 15 sec ae mes is way much for eld,lol
and 10dps buff not being counted as utility?well u are too used to it,but hibs dont have it at all ,and mids dont have such value dps so easy too

B

Belomar

Originally posted by ricky_latino
I would flame you for your own incredible ignorance if Danyan hadn't done such a good job at it already. Hotrats is, quite lucidly, arguing his point and doing it rather well. You, on the other hand, are just a random troll with an attitude.

R

ricky_latino

arguing what point that realms are diffrent?
I mean appart from the points that as plain wrong...

ok the realms are diffrent point taken, you can go home now
It not like hibernia has any unique abilitys that the other realms dont have appart from group purge and BAoD

but alb has SoS, BoF, is getting an absob chant, a mezz duration shortener (whatever) chant, only main mezzer that can QC a mezz for ist full duration (and no an instant mezz is not better then that after spellcrafting) + the most overpowered class in game

L

lofff

Originally posted by Danyan

Yes, that's what I meant although my post is a bit unclear. You get immunity to any effects that the purge or group purge removes from you, that are CC effects. Also snare and root are the same immunity timer (movement decrease). So if you group is AE mezzed then you GP, your group is then mez immune for one minute, unless you resist the mez, in which case you aren't. I didn't mean to imply GP = immunity to all godmode or anything like that. Bear in mind lofff, I do play hib, I'm well aware of how GP works (i.e. it's not a guaranteed win by any means, it just helps at times).

ok

By default every1 knows how does SELFpurge work, no need to play hib and see GP, since GP has just same effect as selfpurge but in ur whole group, so every1 with half a brain can figure out how does it work.

Thats why i told u to "wtop been a fool", cos u were fooling, talking shit, ur "unclear" post was supporting m00's original post. M00's original post was CLEARLY describing GP in the way i ironically did: A CC-INVULNERABILITY FOR UR WHOLE GROUP DURING A DETERMINED PERIOD OF TIME. (which is closer to a SoS description *closer, just closer, doesnt fits, i do play alb and got a mincer with SoS myself*)

So i would like u to check m00s original post, thanks.

L

lofff

sidenote: every DD with snare component is chaineable

Users who are viewing this thread