Best alb group (imo):

2 ice wizzies
1 air theurg
1 sorc
1 friar
1 cleric
1 minstrel
1 paladin

Maybe swap out the air theurg for an earth theurg, but realistically nobody would really want to play an earth theurg for considerable amounts of time in rvr.

Best hib group (imo):

2 chanters
1 eldritch
1 warden
1 bard
1 druid
2 heroes

Even with this setup the hibs have the following advantages:

- 3 pets
- Friars rarely spec for all 3 of the 24% resists
- Ice wizzies' nukes are weak in comparison to the chanters'
- 6s pbt on wardens vs the 10s on theurgists
- No nearsight, this would be a nice addition to the earth theurg specline
- 3 healers and base buffers instead of 2
- Tougher tanks who do considerable amounts of damage compared to the paladin
- The ability to negate the alb casters damage every 15 minutes (realistically always)
Very good summary of why hibs are a touch overpowered atm. Also
- Hib has 3 people with castable stun instead of 2.
- Hib has 2 people with slam instead of one.
- Group purge.

R

rure

although the alb group got sos and bof and FH. not saying that I think that hibs arent overpowered. it was just a bit biased.

H

hotrat

Only listing hib advantages there :)
Forgot to add the classic heat debuff in chanter pbae line as well.

Albs get a few nice things too like BoF, SoS, insta stun on 10 sec timer, mezzer who can stealth, air pets with chain stun, full insta group heal from pala...

Main points are BaoD, hibs tanks being a lot tougher, hib pbae being better, hibs have nearsight, hibs have a nice pbt line.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by hotrat
Quote from Nicolas :)
Very good summary of why hibs are a touch overpowered atm. Also
- Hib has 3 people with castable stun instead of 2.
- Hib has 2 people with slam instead of one.
- Group purge.

WALOC!

K

kirennia

albs got BoF,
hibs got magical BoF equivalent

That counters that argument

edit:remembers back to an old post of a screenie by wildfire showing:

You hit for 0 (-6xx) damage

cant quite b done with BoF if ya wanna b really picky :D

E

Eleasias

albs got more damage dealing classes in that group too than the hib one, hibs had 3 support while albs only had 1, the cleric. friar > warden in terms of melee, minstrel will be able to melee and dd/stun while the bard can only play end and nothing else if the nmy group is doing what its supposed to do. druid is pretty much equal to the cleric.

O

old.Tzeentch

i have NEVER EVER come across this type of thread before.

:ROLLEYES:

:ROFLMAORMAORMAOMAO:

D

Danya

Comapiring person for person on dmg.

ice wizzies < chanters.
theurg = eld
sorc > bard
friar = hero (but can take less hits)
paladin < hero
minstrel = warden
cleric = druid

So on balance the damage is slightly in hibs favour and hib is much better supported at the same time.

Y

-yoda-

RA'S shouldnt even come into the factor when trying to say who is more powerfull... not everybody has those ra's and also realms shouldnt have to use ra's to be able to compete with the other realms . so bof sos and all the other realms uber ra's dont mean shit imo when it comes to judging characters :)

E

Eleasias

minstrel dmg is better than warden t_T
air theurg also gets chain stun and a kickass dd which is imo better than eld

H

hotrat

i have NEVER EVER come across this type of thread before.

:ROLLEYES:

:ROFLMAORMAORMAOMAO:
Well its gotta be more interesting than another gratz thread :)

Ok maybe the albs have slightly better damage dealing, although 2 hero's 2 chanters and a eld can do plenty dmg :) lets look at damage taking, theurg a lot weaker than warden, sorc weaker than bard, friar weaker than hero, minstrel wears chain but less hits than bard, paladin weaker than hero, chanter same as wiz, cleric same as druid.

Minstrel damage compared to warden, well dd's are gonna be 50% resisted at least cus of warden body % buff, at least one out of 3 swings negated due to pbt unless your assisting the friar or pala.. only slightly better I think.

H

herjulf

Hell yeah hibs are overpowerd.
I can only hope they do try to balance it out.

I for one have capped my resists cuz i am pretty tired of being plowed down in the earth by pbeoe in a sec flat.

and have sucessfully managed to get the downplowing to 1.5secs weee...

And with grp purge... ffs.

And yes forgot, what do we have tanks for nowdays?
carry rams and cause lagg on raids?

O

old.Zoyster

Tell nicholas he forgot 1 thing on his geek lists, skill !

B

Belomar

Hmm, you plainly need a matter Cabalist in that Albion group. Then you will have that coveted nearsight (nearsight > all, in my opinion), and, more importantly, who else will take care of undisciplined mezz breaking with his AoE DoT? :p

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by Eleasias
while the bard can only play end and nothing else
insta lul and shouts make casters useless

O

old.Tzeentch

Most people now have enough experience to keep the bard busy... most smart minstrels will piss off the bard nonstop with instants, and with paladin end chant coming up so easy, there isn't much chance for the bard to survive, unless he has a good group working to keep him alive.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Belomar
Hmm, you plainly need a matter Cabalist in that Albion group. Then you will have that coveted nearsight (nearsight > all, in my opinion),

Nearsight is little use on pbaoe I believe :)
But yes, Albs will have a very hard time getting groups made with the right setup. Not enough wizzes with ice spec to go around, nor enough theurgs to go around either :)

Best Alb group in my opinion would be 4 armsman, 1 pally, 1 minstrel, 2 clerics... Screw CC, just hit purge, and go for the casters...
Regards, Glottis

S

-Shaz-

Ice Wiz is fun mk

Just need buffs to counter the gimpy 3.0s cast time.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Eleasias
minstrel dmg is better than warden t_T
air theurg also gets chain stun and a kickass dd which is imo better than eld

We have 26% crush, you have 90% body. OK, so the typical hib group rarely has 90% :p but they DO nearly always have over 50%. i.e. minstrel DDs rarely hit 3 figures against grouped hibs, even if you're alpha with 200+charisma...

I

Ialkarn

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best alb group (imo):

2 ice wizzies
1 air theurg
1 sorc
1 friar
1 cleric
1 minstrel
1 paladin

I really don't undestand what a sorc doing in a group like this one.
isn't better a second cleric or a matter cabi? or at last an earth wizy?

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Ialkarn
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best alb group (imo):

2 ice wizzies
1 air theurg
1 sorc
1 friar
1 cleric
1 minstrel
1 paladin

I really don't undestand what a sorc doing in a group like this one.

Its to satisfy the ethnic minorities in albion, he's the token gimp :)

F

- Fedaykin -

sorc is there to die first, tricking the hibs into a false sense of security

A

Arnor

Originally posted by -yoda-
RA'S shouldnt even come into the factor when trying to say who is more powerfull... not everybody has those ra's and also realms shouldnt have to use ra's to be able to compete with the other realms . so bof sos and all the other realms uber ra's dont mean shit imo when it comes to judging characters :)

rofl, you have to count in those ra's
If you find an alb group w/o Sos or Bof, ok. then you can ignore it, but duuuh. not gonna happen. (we're talking good groups here, not random sheep)

no wonder you nag about albs being gimped if you dont use the tools you can

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Arnor2
rofl, you have to count in those ra's
If you find an alb group w/o Sos or Bof, ok. then you can ignore it, but duuuh. not gonna happen. (we're talking good groups here, not random sheep)
But, on the other hand, those RAs you are talking about are all active ones on a 30 minute timer. That means an Albion group who wants to win can only take on another FG twice every hour and then go and hide in-between. I think any sane comparison between the realms need to look beyond RAs.

S

-Shaz-

Need 2 clerics imo. Playing with 2 well played rejuv clerics with bof is heaven :>

L

lac_desariel

a Few times off late ive been in Groups with 3 Clerics.. they rox Pallys can live even longer.. hell even I as a wizzy can live while 2-3 tanks beat on me (not greble type tho) leaving me to run about or PBAE
as for the sorc in that grp set up.. think about it, who else can hold all the bad guys in one place so the iccys can PBAE?? i for 1 see a guy in a dress run at me i know whats coming with it..... so i sak unless your mezzed what you gonna do if 2 avaloninas with sticks run at you?? run maybe? or hit em with a big sword.. thats why the sorc is there.

OMFG an Albion thinking :( sorry guys my bad (j/k)

N

Novamir

whine whine

a balanced alb group is equal to a balanced hib group in rvr. the problem for you is its harder to make that balanced group.

end discussion! :m00:

H

hotrat

Can anyone add anything on how the new classes might change the balance?
I know the necro has a 9% abs buff if he specs deathsight, or a weaker pbae for deathservant, bonedancers also have the very annoying 1500 range insta lifetap on 4 sec timer.

A

Aussie-

Novamir, do you reply with "whine" because you can't discuss or because it is true?

Users who are viewing this thread