For Attention Of Goa Gms Reps Whatever

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Due to popular demand this thread is for all those that feel they have been cheated out of there money time and patience..

We pay £8 a month to play this game and as such some kind of suport ingame would be apreciated, You have E&E but unless the DEV's gms are on msn they are inefetive at fixing problems that may arise. This is by no means a go at them but a go at the DEV's gms for not making sure they are contactable by means of something called a telephone. Ok so privacy could be an issue here BUT the amount of cash they make from this game can they not get a phone dedicated for this purpose i mean 60+ people unable to complete a master lvl as crap as lvl 3 2 days ina row due to a bug ? seems abit bad, especialy over a weekend day when game is at its most used.. Sort it out please....Give E&E's a number to contact you by so that atleast they dont have to wait an entire week for a reply on rightnow...

Ive also been told that this may not be read by those relivant to the problem on this hibexcal forum so i have posted a link to it on alb pry as well.

Please dont make this a whine thread put youre thoughts and constructive ideas here to maybe help them sort it out.. i dont want to do another lvl 3 raid again simply because doors wont open and enc wont reset:p

Thankyou..

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you sure you where using the key correctly to open the door?

never heard of this bug before.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
not the place for this, send it to rightnow or it'll get lost in the spammage.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Door into Medusa ?

The one that can be beaten down ?

Darzil

tierk

Part of the furniture
GoA= Shite Company and u peeps are silly if u havent figured that one out.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Well the games support system and tonights attitude towards me simply because of my charecters name ive now /quit daoc and il not be around on fh anymroe either.....Hope you all have a lovley time playig daoc and maybe see you ina another game someday but not likly to be 1 by mythic/goa:p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
When I (or any of the other GMs) are at work we are 100% contactable. if we're not ingame and thereby contactable by everyone, we are on MSN and contactable by any E&E.

When we're not at work, we are often still contactable - ask the people I reset ML6.9 for at 2:30 am on friday night - however there is no official support at weekends. And frankly I'm not going to give people my telephone number so that I can be spammed when I'm not at work and being paid to be spammed. My free time is my own and I'd like to keep it that way thanks.

If you have a problem then RightNow is the place to send it. Ingame problems are nearly always sorted the same day when the office is open and urgent stuff is often done within minutes. None of us do support by forums.

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
When I (or any of the other GMs) are at work we are 100% contactable. if we're not ingame and thereby contactable by everyone, we are on MSN and contactable by any E&E.

When we're not at work, we are often still contactable - ask the people I reset ML6.9 for at 2:30 am on friday night - however there is no official support at weekends. And frankly I'm not going to give people my telephone number so that I can be spammed when I'm not at work and being paid to be spammed. My free time is my own and I'd like to keep it that way thanks.

If you have a problem then RightNow is the place to send it. Ingame problems are nearly always sorted the same day when the office is open and urgent stuff is often done within minutes. None of us do support by forums.

agree and tbh goa aint as bad as some of u guys want it. I have never had one problem with goa! They fixed all my problems is just mytic that sucks cocksor

tierk

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:

So what u r saying in effect is that GoA only provide a cover for its player base at off peak times and that the time we are out our busiest on servers, meaning the weekends and therefore more likely to encounter problems, no cover is provided?
Well lets be honest GoA doesnt provide any kind of cover during office hours or out of office hours, i dont call some automated response sent out like 48 hrs after intial problem occurs, Customer Service and anyone that has the nerve to say that rightnow sorts ingame problems out in the same day needs there head examined, I have used rightnow a few times and never ever has anything been resolved in one day and when u do get a response it is never ever resolved they just force you to go through the encounter again.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
mayhap its time hib/excal got some more E&E, ones that still play would be a good start.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I have encountered countless bugs in my raids. When we can find a GM online, things get sorted out fairly fast. If not, well it's just a game, we'll do it again or whatever. Don't forget that they are working people and their time off is and should be respected.

I do understand your frustration, but chill, have a beer or something ;)

tierk

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
And frankly I'm not going to give people my telephone number

Tbh i dont think it would be right for anyone to have your number to call you about ingame things when u r at home, however, GoA should have a dedicated guy/ team to provide some sort of ingame CsR avaible 7 days a week and dare i add 24hrs a day or at least till about 11pm anyway.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that what we have currently is not satisfactory as far as CS goes, even when it works.

IainC

tierk said:
Well lets be honest GoA doesnt provide any kind of cover during office hours or out of office hours, i dont call some automated response sent out like 48 hrs after intial problem occurs, Customer Service and anyone that has the nerve to say that rightnow sorts ingame problems out in the same day needs there head examined, I have used rightnow a few times and never ever has anything been resolved in one day and when u do get a response it is never ever resolved they just force you to go through the encounter again.
All RightNow queries apart from billing/subscription issues and technical problems are dealt with by the GM team (including me). I know for sure that it's a very rare query that isn't at least answered the same day, even if it can't be resolved then and there for any reason. So yes, I can say that 99% of al RightNows are answered the same day and the vast majority of those are resolved at the same time. Unless we need to wait for logs to be uploaded or for a response from Mythic for example there are not many reasons why we wouldn't or couldn't fix a problem the same day it's reported.

As far as making you do the encounter again, yes, that's what happens. We don't give credit, we can only give you another chance at doing it. That's the same whether you contact us ingame or via RightNow, I've had to chain reset encounters like Zo'Arkat on several occasions because people didn't get credit. We cannot give you credit for the encounter but all reports of bugged encounters are looked into, where necessary the encounter is reset and any relevant information is forwarded to Mythic so the encounter can be made more reliable in future.

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

U are in the correct in this way, but we are paying money for play this game.

I keep without understanding like after several years of a payment game, we dont have a technical service during the 24 hours of the day. When you have a problem you need to send that via email and wait till anyone want to answer you.

Sometimes when you are making a raid with 50+ ppl and u need to repeat few steps cuz anyone didnt take the step or like today happened with the ML3.10

I usually do a lot a /who CSR or /who 100... and Not matches always.. Where i should ask for help when nobody online?

And btw, will be nice if any GM can clear a bit those millions of boats around Hadrian's Walls :x

That isnt a whine reply just my opinion :)

tierk

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
Unless we need to wait for logs to be uploaded or for a response from Mythic for example there are not many reasons why we wouldn't or couldn't fix a problem the same day it's reported.

I beg to differ wuith you dude but you dont fix anything problems at all tbh all you do is reset the encounter /s and make the poor stupid muggins ie me ( and all others) go through the same shite again. That isnt customer service sorry, well not in my book. I spend 6 hrs on something i expcet something back and some shitty little email saying do it again doesnt cut it.

IainC

There is no way that Goa could provide 24/7 ingame support without having to increase subs prices dramatically. That's pretty much all it comes down to and is the entire reason why there isn't and isn't likely to be a CSR sat on each server throughout the night and at weekends. There are GMs available from 10am to 11pm CET monday to friday, those are the customer support hours.

To forestall the 'Mythic has 24/7 support and they charge the same so why can't you do it?' responses, here's the answer to that one.
We pay Mythic a very large amount of money for the DAoC licence. A significant percentage of the subs income goes direct to them. Mythic get to keep 100% of their subs income and they get licencing fees on top of that from their international partners.

gallie

Fledgling Freddie
I understand that Mythic cant exacutly have admins on 24/7, but when such a thing happens i would expect to be giveing the credit for the step seeing as we did try twice, and as we were spending money on the internet. I understand that some of the players at the two raids were playing via internet cafes,that is costly and to do it twice with no rewards is frankly a waste of money for them.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Requiel said:
There is no way that Goa could provide 24/7 ingame support without having to increase subs prices dramatically. That's pretty much all it comes down to and is the entire reason why there isn't and isn't likely to be a CSR sat on each server throughout the night and at weekends. There are GMs available from 10am to 11pm CET monday to friday, those are the customer support hours.

To forestall the 'Mythic has 24/7 support and they charge the same so why can't you do it?' responses, here's the answer to that one.
We pay Mythic a very large amount of money for the DAoC licence. A significant percentage of the subs income goes direct to them. Mythic get to keep 100% of their subs income and they get licencing fees on top of that from their international partners.

pwned 8/ so if mythic took over daoc in EU we would get 24/7+ better support? (im pleased with the Support i get, when - usually it's not game's fault ;x)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
my problems have always been resolved fast and good
so i can make one remark only, maybe 1 more E&E on hib/excal?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
pwned 8/ so if mythic took over daoc in EU we would get 24/7+ better support? (im pleased with the Support i get, when - usually it's not game's fault ;x)
I had a bugged quest on Gaheris. Took me five separate appeals over three weeks before it got sorted. Four times they just cancelled my appeal while I was in game and sent me the same autoreply, even though I'd told them the autoreply didn't resolve the problem after the first time. Finally got to speak to a CSR ingame after about 75 hours /played (watching my appeal move to the back of the queue over and over again even when I was online) and he wouldn't believe me when I explained what the problem was. He insisted that the autoreply I'd got solved the problem. I eventually persuaded him to watch as I demonstrated what the problem was. He watched, admitted that there was a problem and then disappeared. I never heard from him again. I sent 3 emails to the dispute address and never got a single response.

Was on a ML4 raid recently and FoS bugged, Seti didn't drop the stone needed for 4.8, we appealed it as an emergency and never got a response despite the fact that there were less than 30 appeals in total across all servers. 120 people didn't get ML4 as a result.

To be honest 24/7 support isn't as great as people think it is.

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
There are GMs available from 10am to 11pm CET monday to friday, those are the customer support hours.

Not from what i've seen, depends on how you define "available" ... available where? on irc? doesn't work on my pc, useless if i can't contact you on that ... how about msn? crashes my pc if i run it while daoc is open, waste of my time if i have to close down daoc to contact you ... how about in game? HA!! hardly ever see you in there 10am - 11pm cet all the time and the service you provide isn't all that great. Tried to contact a gm before about a really really low level mob that is <supposed> to spawn quickly, and has done for countless other people, (had to camp the damn thing for almost an hour, for a level 22 quest, what's up with that) ... gm FINALLY replied to me 40 minutes after i made the appeal saying "i'm sorry, i was busy" ... nice to know you can't spend 10 seconds respawning a crappy level 22 mob

flame me all you want, it's the truth

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
o_O

Well i played (still playing sometimes) this Game for the last 3+ Years and i never had Troubles with the Customer Support. Apart from one time but this one was more or less my fault. xD

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Wert said:
Not from what i've seen, depends on how you define "available" ... available where? on irc? doesn't work on my pc, useless if i can't contact you on that ... how about msn? crashes my pc if i run it while daoc is open, waste of my time if i have to close down daoc to contact you ... how about in game? HA!! hardly ever see you in there 10am - 11pm cet all the time and the service you provide isn't all that great. Tried to contact a gm before about a really really low level mob that is <supposed> to spawn quickly, and has done for countless other people, (had to camp the damn thing for almost an hour, for a level 22 quest, what's up with that) ... gm FINALLY replied to me 40 minutes after i made the appeal saying "i'm sorry, i was busy" ... nice to know you can't spend 10 seconds respawning a crappy level 22 mob

flame me all you want, it's the truth

We spend MOST of our working day on the servers, and that is not anon... no we don't use IRC yes we use MSN but that's for the EnEs if you can't find an EnE use RightNow during working hours we all check our RightNow boxes on average of every 15 minutes.

As far as your complaint that it took 40 minutes to get back to you... sorry but if we were helping someone else in front of you it happens and spawning a crappy level 22 mob takes the same work that spawning a ML boss does, and there are things that take higher priority... personally I do my best to at least respond when someone contacts me ingame even if it's just 'I'm in the middle of doing something I'll get to you as quick as I can' but there are occasions when we are in the middle of sorting things like harrassment or griefing that take more than 5 minutes and involve reading three different conversations at once and it gets difficult to respond without missing something. Ya know I'm sorry we can't be everywhere at once, I'm sorry that we don't have a magic wand that we can wave to fix every bug in the game but coming down on the people who are doing their best to help within the remit and policies we have to follow isn't going to solve anything.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Dont you think you would benefit more from having a couple of your guys working weekends instead of 2 days during the week when the servers are pretty quite? Im just baffled why everything shuts down during the peak days/hours of play?

As for uping the subscription just to have 2 guys work at the weekend.... please give us some credit. 8,000 players ish? x extra £1 per month = a lot more than changing someones work days, paying someone overtime or employing an extra 2 people. An extra £1-2 per month would go a long way towards making a dedicated 24/7 support team.

We dont want your excuses, we want real customer service.

p.s. its nothing personal against any of the GM's so please dont take offence.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Well i feel bad for all this spam but with the last post above that does seem a logical way forward even with the mythic liscenses eating up the money, You dont nesseserily need a guy sat at the servers 24/7over the weekends ~You need either a survey done on the most common master lvls encounters done that bug the most and therefore when there is, sombody could be on standby to deal with any problems, Or have a submission system for raid setups ie if a raid occurs on a saturday for master lvl 3 They let gms know about it in advance so it can be checked out by the gm so it can be looked at before any1 goes near the suspect encounters. They could be on standby IF it goes Wrong something could be done and thats IF this person getting a call out fee or something. gm could take turns at this or if a 3rd gm was hired specificly to deal with these things. Or the gms answer basicly DONT do raids on a weekend LOL@that idea...
I work in a pharmaceuticals and tbh if a machine went down and a call out engineer wasnt available the loss in profit from clients not wanting there products late the harm to people from it being late in it self justifys paying a little etc for this service......Anyways i hope this has give some ideas on ways to improvethe game support system and thankyou for reading

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
the support really suck if it isnt a ingame problem :mad: tryet a few times where i had to wait for 1 week to get help an when i c my m8 get help in 30-60 mins at swg i get abit pist...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
being a gm must be such a crappy job

you get to take all the shit, whether it's justified or not :p personally i think it's retarded you can't give people credit if they do everything the right way. i don't think i'll ever understand why, but i'm sure you have your reasons

the bit about the licence fee makes sence, i'm sure a lot of people hadn't thought of that - but it's in human nature to blame something or someone if stuff goes wrong :p one way to prevent you guys taking the shit is if you actually tell the stuff you say here beforehand, instead of as defence only

cus the more people whine, 'forcing' you to reply, the more they actually realise you have valid reasons :p why not state them somewhere in the first place so people point fingers at mythics code instead of gm's? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom