For Attention Of Goa Gms Reps Whatever

andree

Fledgling Freddie
Well... if a significant part of goas incomes are used to pay their 'fee' to mythic and the only income they have is our monthly payments then its quite safe to asume that the bigger part of the monthly payment goes to the 'mythic fee' right?

Then we can do the assumption that a minor or unsignificant ;) part of the monthly fee are related to the actual running of the service... take away the fixed costs, equipment and cost for hiring buildings etc.. and ofc goas own profit, and we have a pretty small part of the monthy payment that are used for paying employees...

given this i doubt that a primetime support would cost very much, note that i said primetime, not 24/7.

Further im pretty conviced that the additional costs related to a primetime support can be drasticly reduced with reorganization

So in other words... a primetime support wouldnt be very expensive and wouldnt lead to drasticly raised fees... imo ofc :)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
who cares..in total we spent 6 and a half hours on the first raid and nearly an hour and a half on the second and to no avail..so lets bitch at gms ? why bother ..its just like someone posting a qq about bonedancers or something ..it just happens ..

maybe ..this is to the gms ..we could all meet at like 7gmt in the evening in aerus and you might port us as a whole straight to the door of ml 3.10 ? I think thats within ure power and surely not an over the top request..we can buff up and do our original kill task as we were set to before ?

perhaps this could work ? response ..

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
being a gm must be such a crappy job

you get to take all the shit, whether it's justified or not :p personally i think it's retarded you can't give people credit if they do everything the right way. i don't think i'll ever understand why, but i'm sure you have your reasons

the bit about the licence fee makes sence, i'm sure a lot of people hadn't thought of that - but it's in human nature to blame something or someone if stuff goes wrong one way to prevent you guys taking the shit is if you actually tell the stuff you say here beforehand, instead of as defence only

cus the more people whine, 'forcing' you to reply, the more they actually realise you have valid reasons :p why not state them somewhere in the first place so people point fingers at mythics code instead of gm's? :p

Nobody is blaming goa or Gm's (a very crappy job being first point of contact) for the bugs. The issue here is the customer service/support, or rather the lack of it. Not having support during your peak hours is just total customer relations suicide. Why cant they take a wednesday off and work on sat instead? I work for a major games developer and I wish I could get every weekend off like most these guys :D

Funkdocta said:
Nobody is blaming goa or Gm's (a very crappy job being first point of contact) for the bugs. The issue here is the customer service/support, or rather the lack of it. Not having support during your peak hours is just total customer relations suicide. Why cant they take a wednesday off and work on sat instead? I work for a major games developer and I wish I could get every weekend off like most these guys :D

aye... what funk said :p give me a big fat house and pay me a bomb and i'll move to paris and be a 24/7 csr... and spawn lots of mobs on albs :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
any remember when they gave new passwords? that time i got pissed - i had to wait more than 3 weeks (4 i think) before i got my new password, others who it happend for got a free month, i got jack 8/ hated GoA back then!

Malakili

Fledgling Freddie
I feel there has been some valid points and some pretty pointless ones made here.

I think what most people are most annoyed at is the lack of support during peak times rather than poor support when people are accessible.

Requiel's comments back on this point though are valid. We can't expect individuals to take it into their own hands and work all hours of the day for no money, I'm sure they love the game (at least I think they'd need to in order to do their job) but they have lifes as well and we can't expect that from them.

It would be good though if they could work out some sort of shift system to stagger when people were available or have one gm 'on call' over a weekend for issues that affect such a large number of people. I know money is always an issue with things like this has been mentioned but I'd like to think things weren't so tight as to be unable some sort of coverage during the weekend.

As for 24/7 support I think that is over kill and won't be worth the money it would cost. It's all a matter of offering a service during times you will be able to help the most people.

Malakili

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I've never had a problem with the support offered by GOA and the E&E/GM teams. Always thought it was spot on, a lot of the time though it's a case of how well you approach them, quality of information you give that effects how speedy the resolution is. but i've NEVER had to wait more than 48 hours.

Live support - I played on US servers for a year, used it several times and usually had to wait 4-5 hours for a lame excuse by someone who obviously didn't understand the problem. I just don't see the need for it.

If everyone in this thread who is so pissed off with "poor" support feel free to /quit, to be honest the DAOC community will only be the better for it. Less whingers = more fun for the rest of us. Most of you have a wholey unrealistic view of the service you should be getting, time to come back to reality chaps, put on those orange anoraks and pop outside, just don't forget the sunblock for that pasty skin.

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
maybe ..this is to the gms ..we could all meet at like 7gmt in the evening in aerus and you might port us as a whole straight to the door of ml 3.10 ? I think thats within ure power and surely not an over the top request..we can buff up and do our original kill task as we were set to before ?

perhaps this could work ? response ..

I like this idea, if it were possible, it would really help...

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
I do agree aswell that those bugs aint gm's or goa probs. This has to be related with the coding and the number of players which cause those bugs. Asking to have a customer service available 7/24 is nearly impossible to happen as Req said because of the v minimum amount of money we pay. Also E&E are not available most of the day and unfortinely our success in raids etc etc depends allot from em.. Now what can happen?

I would say either givf more E&E - Aply your msn adress on well respectable guys / maybe old players / known guys - i dont know what else.. or create NPC's in the near future that will be able to reset encounters so all will be happy ;p My point is to BE able to contact you whenever a problem occures ( or a least 95% to be able for contact ) - cause E&E are just normal players anyway ( and also v limited in our realm ) so we cant expect much from em "its not their job after all". The other 5% i think u deserve it cause as i work too and i want my free time to spend it on a pub or eating kebabs ;p ....the same thing all gms and whole daoc team will prolly want to have aswell.It would be v greedy to ask for 100% online support in same day of request with 13 euro.
My 2 cents of advice :)

Regards

Mckennitt

tierk

Part of the furniture
Kami said:
If everyone in this thread who is so pissed off with "poor" support feel free to /quit, to be honest the DAOC community will only be the better for it. Less whingers = more fun for the rest of us.

There is always some stupid fucking retarded dirty little cum stain who makes this remark whenever there is a post on here about shit service. I wanna see how great its going to be when you are left playing with yerself like you were doing on Pryd cuz so many whingers have quit the game.

So please stop attacking people that have issues with the game and calling them whiners as its because of these same so called whiiners that we get changes effected in the game. If peeps didnt whine we would still have Sb's taking out the whole of emain with LA or better still rangers could take out a fg with 8 arrows or how about Ns killing Fg and never dropping stealth. Ok ?

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Most of the problems seem to stem not from the lack of 24/7 support, from from lack of weekend support.

Wouldn't it be possible to find a few regular weekend players you can trust (Possibly ones already trusted from the EnE team) and give them some minor GM powers, such as the ability to respawn mobs... Stating from the start that abuse of these powers (Such as respawning mobs quickly for personal benefit) will lead to them being revoked without trial.

[Edit- I meant unpaid, and as such, not raising subs, but not being available at any other time other than 10am-11pm cet at weekends, to cover when the paid gm's aren't around... It may be unfair to those people working for free, but i'm sure a few game-spirit minded players would volunteer]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom